Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Noxious81
    498 posts

@raciaiadhesive
    @dutchlmb4ever

Guys, this thread is about feedback on the new forum and its layout and functionality. Not on the game itself.

• DutchLMB4ever
    161 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • KAEFR
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • POP_King_Delica
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey
    335 posts

How about this one:

Put up a post and no issues, but after it's up you notice a typo that slipped by you, so edit it to correct same an it won't post because "it's been flagged as spam" (zero spam in the post), or it says "you can only edit a post 300 seconds after posting it" and this was less than a minute later. This seems about 1 out of 3 times now.

• KiloAlphaLima
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • dagrommit
    789 posts

People are clearly not understanding that the purpose of this thread is to give feedback on the new forum, not the game itself.

It might be time to lock the thread, especially as the on-topic comments are just reiterating what was posted before.

• Sock_Monkey
    335 posts

Also, I notice spell check highlights typos for a few seconds, then the underline vanishes.

Why isn't it persistent?

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

Kill that bloody robot. I've given feedback by that method twice already but it just keep pestering me to give feedback. I'll give some if it does it again 😠

• Sock_Monkey
    335 posts

Can we please fix the spam-detector bot? It's a pile of garbage and only serves to make posting here more of a PITA.

3 out of 4 times I put up a post and notice a typo, or missing space after a period, edit it to correct these tiny things and it flags it as spam.

As further evidence what trash this bot is how I fix it is this: I change nothing in the post (after the first "flag"). Nothing. I just click submit repeatedly, and usually by 5 or 6 tries it accepts it.

So first time I post it's OK. Then I edit to correct some typos and the bot flags it as spam. Then I re-submit a few more times, and look, suddenly it's not spam again!

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

So, what is the result of all this feedback? Is it even acknowledged?
    Nothing seems to be changed from day one.

• Sock_Monkey
    335 posts

@adrian-11 I was wondering the exact same thing...

• Sock_Monkey
    335 posts

@ubi-lucipus

I have no idea if anyone's even reading these suggestions or even cares, but here's another really, really annoying thing:

The threads seem to follow the same "load only as many as your screen can show at one time" rule with the messages, which has this incredibly annoying side effect of: I pull the scroll bar down to the bottom, to say jump to the end of the discussion, but you've really only gone down one page and then the scrollbar jumps back to the top. I want to go to the end of the discussion so grab the scroll and pull all the way to bottom, but wait - I've (again) only gone down one page and the scrollbar jumps back to the top!

For longer threads it takes a ridiculously-long time to get to the end, and for no good reason whatsoever.

Gotta say, the new format is trash, plain and simple.

• ZAV-3AB
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Noxious81
    498 posts
    (...) For longer threads it takes a ridiculously-long time to get to the end, and for no good reason whatsoever.

What you have described indeed is annoying while scrolling. Personally, I am also not a fan of continuous scrolling (instead of having pages) – but when you really just want to go to the very last post in a thread, there are two very quick ways:

Before even entering the thread, you can click on the timestamp and author's name of the last post – and the thread will open directly showing the last post:

And when already browsing through the thread, the downward pointing double arrow on the bottom left of the screen will also make you jump right to the end of the thread:

• dagrommit
    789 posts

FYI, there is also a setting to use pagination instead of infinite scroll. You can even specify how many posts on each page.

• xcel30
    415 posts

@dagrommit Where is that? That would be stupidly useful right now

Edit: Found it, it's on the three dots on the upper right corner, in Profile segment and then settings, i didn't expect for forum settings to be there as it appeared to be more about general ubisoft stuff

• Noxious81
    498 posts
    FYI, there is also a setting to use pagination instead of infinite scroll. You can even specify how many posts on each page.

Found it, changed it. Sir, thank you!

• Sock_Monkey
    335 posts

@dagrommit Yay! That fixed THAT problem.

P.S. That should have been enabled by default.

• ZAV-3AB
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics