ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 89 posts

I'm almost 400 and I'm still trying to understand something about loot and difficulty settings. I think we get better gear the harder the difficulty is. So why is it that when I play alone in challenging I feel like I get the same amount and quality of gear than playing alone in heroic? Is like playing heroic alone is not worth it imo. So sweaty and the gear is the same. To be honest I think that you wont get a rare weapon until the game knows its time. No matter what you do you wont get it. I've gotten rare weapons that I haven't been able to get do to bugs in inventory and I played the next day and the next day I got the same weapon. So what I'm saying is that this is not random at all. If the game thinks its not your turn to get a rare you wont get it. I've also gotten a significant amount of gear after I started buying and adding real money to my account. I don't like that. That's a very passive aggressive way of having microtrancsactions. But, anyway, I want to understand why heroic feels the same as challenging when it comes to rewards. I want to know why some say it is better to play in heroic than challenging alone? I want to have a reason please.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 89 posts

I got to be honest. I understood nothing from this topic. Am I crazy or does it seam like ubisoft likes to make games more difficult to understand than they should? Is like, I still have trouble understanding the season rewards system and how to track everything and do everything. . . Who is in charge up in ubisoft. When you make a game if you can't get the average person to understand everything by looking at it one time you are doing a bad job. I consider my self fairly smart. I'm a sound recording engineer minor, a music teacher major and I build gaming pc as a hobby among many things and I have a hard time understanding anything about this game at level 300+ there is something wrong here. The division 1 was simple. This is. . . what?! All this terms like roll and such? Do you definitely get better gear and more of it when playing heroic? My guess is yes. But, it definitely doesn't like like the effort matches the reward AT ALL lol.

• Oatiecrumble
    439 posts

RNG plays a major factor but when it comes to higher rolls then the more higher the difficulty the higher the rolls will be (stat wise)....which makes perfect sense.

Getting god rolls on stats is RNG, getting the right color attributes what you are looking for is RNG.

It's all just RNG at the end of the day.....But if RNG is not going your way you can always use the Recal Station and the Optimization Station.

By far RNG hits Chests & Backpacks the worst but it is what it is.

Happy farming 🤞

• LateNiteDelight
    979 posts

Time wise, Challenging is the most efficient, especially with the Optimization Table.

Heroic mattered more before that, as you had a higher floor [minimum item "total" power] and higher tail [chance for God Rolls].

• LateNiteDelight
    979 posts
    The division 1 was simple. This is. . . what?! All this terms like roll and such? Do you definitely get better gear and more of it when playing heroic? My guess is yes. But, it definitely doesn't like like the effort matches the reward AT ALL lol.

Nothing about Div 1 is any simpler than Div2. It's just different - hell, I'd say easier thanks to showing how close to max each roll is.

• xcel30
    642 posts

This is just observation from mostly long time playing, harder enemies have bigger chance to drop loot, with harder enemies i mean stuff regular, veterans and elites. Since the number of enemies AND their veterancy scale with player numbers i just mostly play by matchmaking into random missions that have more people which results with me always getting a decent amount of gear. Of course this is just to talk about number of drops not so much as the quality that is covered by that other topic better

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 89 posts

thank you for the responds. I asked well cause it seriously felt like I was getting more out of challenging than heroic comparing reward with effort. But, that changes so much with gear sets. For example heroic is easy for me with my firewall + 4 piece Foundry + Momento + (I cant remember the Damage chest piece) but they are all maxed out complementing each other. Nothing was wasted. I make everything work in stacks and one complements the other. Anyway, it is unreal how easy doing solos in heroic with that gear set. I want to do the same with others and I cant most times. For example, the most hated I guess, Striker, is my favorite especially with my maxed out bullet king and I cant do much alone. I like it cause it's simple. You have to think about nothing but shooting and they can never disable you. I don't like depending on skills to be honest. Weapons will always be there and there is so much cover in the world that would never break it should work. But, I feel this game is not balanced when it comes to gears. I believe they favored Shields > Skill > Damage in this order. Thank god my wife and daughter play the game so I can play other gear sets with them easy. But, I want to do missions alone in heroic with something different sometimes and I cant. Not worth it. They need to make everything feel equally dependable in all situation.

• tcarlisle2012
    170 posts

The loot drops & rewards between Challenging and Heroic are not extremely different.

None of us know the algorithms and can only speculate but I would strongly suspect that the rolls on the gear that drops are influenced by the numbers on what you already have in inventory. I say that because over time, the numbers get higher and higher. Until at some point you start getting gear with one maxed stat.... and the other stat low..... then at some point you start getting one maxed and the other between 1/2 and 3/4, and then at some point you start getting all stats at max. I don't think the game could manage to give you that kind of progression without tracking what you already have.

Please understand the above is not talking about loot boxes you find and open, as those are always crap. Locked key boxes have a chance at dropping an exotic, so can be worth opening.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 89 posts

@tcarlisle2012 exactly. I agree 100%. the game looks at what you have and if you don't "deserve" or it's not "time" for you to get a rare it wont give it to you. Like I said before one time I got a rare and couldn't get it into my inventory do to an inventory bug at the moment and I got the same gear the next day again. None of this is random or measured by your efforts. It is measured by the time you've played or like you pointed out, by what you have in your inventory. Im glad you mentioned that cause I felt the same way after playing with my wife or daughter. I notice my rewards are a lot higher in quality every single time. Also, I hate to admit this, but every time I put money in the game loot gets a lot better in rewards. Just speculating. But, I can't ignore what I see or notice. I may me wrong. I want to be wrong.

Suggested Topics