Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 464 posts

I was surprised to see that Abstergo was not even a presence in AC Valhalla, as it had been in the last two installments. spoiler

It would have been super cool if the ‘employee’ you played as in AC Rogue became a significant threat to the Assassins in the present day during the Valhalla storyline, as that person would have ‘acquired’ necessary skills from being Shay Cormac. Also in Rogue, Juhani Osto Berg even noted that he had seen his Viking ancestor participate in the raid at Lindesfarne, so there could have been some connection to a later descendant that would have been around during Eivor’s time. That Abstergo-Shay figure would have peered into Berg’s Viking ancestry to see something that hasn’t been discovered through Eivor’s memories... something that Berg would not have had the context to understand previously, but which would be relevant now given the Assassin interest in Eivor.

I consider it a missed opportunity, but Ubisoft still has a chance to bring that person back into the narrative and make things very interesting for the story in any upcoming expansions they have planned for Valhalla.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    845 posts
  • TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 You know what, you’re right. It’s been so long since I watched that scene, I had to go back and view it...

spoiler

spoiler

That being said...

spoiler

And that is yet another thing Ubisoft could bring into the narrative to spice things up.

• bielik01
    845 posts

@thenorfolkian you posted three different videos? I guess you found a bug in the forum, where you can't post a video in spoiler tags 😄

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Woah. I did not expect that to happen. I didn’t post three videos, but I did hide a video as a spoiler, and then I hid text as spoilers two more times. For some reason, none of it is showing up.

@Ubi-Borealis I think we have a pretty significant forum bug here.

• bielik01
    845 posts

@thenorfolkian anyway... I managed to see the video. I'm pretty disappointed it's not in the main game, as it's important. I thought of DLCs as additional content, not something changing the course of the whole franchise. It's like an another ending you get if you paid more.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Exactly... that’s another reason Valhalla has been a let-down lately. I really thought Ubisoft was going to continue down that road by making Wrath of the Druids something huge that was would continue the present day storyline following the main game conclusion.

Anyway, just to re-post it, here’s the video unhidden by the spoiler:

As for the other stuff I wrote as spoilers, I was saying...
    spoiler

• bielik01
    845 posts
  • TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 It boggles my mind that Ubisoft keeps putting critical story information in comic books. Having the details of what happens in that Song of Glory series would have made the beginning of the game so much more interesting. I would have felt a stronger connection with Sigurd as a character over the course of the game’s story.

• TheNorfolkian

@Ubi-Woofer I see that you ‘edited’ that post I made where the multiple spoilers seem to have broken the post and nothing is visible. I am not seeing any change since you edited it. Were you trying to fix the problem?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics