Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 758 posts

I have so much gear and weapon crafting materials that I'm nearly always maxed out to the point where all the crafting material crates I've gathered through season loot tracks are sitting in my inventory un-opened.

I don't craft anything. But then I don't really have any blueprints to craft things that would help me. I use a couple of exotics, several named items, and the Negotiator Dilemma gear set. I've done a bit of farming for better ND gear rolls and recalibrating what I have. The only weapon I'm using that I could craft, is the police M4, but I already have the talent I want and some decent rolls on it (weapon damage is max at +15).

What should I be crafting, if anything?

I notice I could buy blue-prints for the exotics that I have (Coyote mask, Scorpio Shotgun)... should I be crafting those to see if I can get better rolls? But my Scorpio is almost god-rolled already I think.

What I really need, are optimization resources. I'm constantly in short supply of Faction based optimization resources. What should I be doing to get more of that?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

Well, you could craft optimization resources 😀

And yes, you can try to reconfigure exotics, hoping for higher rolls. That's when doubles are useful... keep the better one as favorite, reconfigure the weaker one and may get better rolls than the favorite... then switch over and repeat.

• Virtual-Chris
    @virtual-chris

Well, you could craft optimization resources 😀

I have very few blueprints for that. The only useful one I have is for AR alloy. I don't have blueprints for Faction optimization resources 😞

How does reconfiguration work? Is that different from crafting? You need a sample to work with?

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

I was talking about "optimization bundles"... these will give you the mats and the faction pieces.
    For alloys, you to dismantle the respective weapons... you get AR alloy if you dismantle a yellow level AR, for example.

For reconfiguration of exotics, you need to have the exotic (hence better to do this if you have doubles, not risking the better one), exotic component (from dismantling exotics) and a few other regular materials (depending on the type of exo, weapon, chest, etc.)

• Virtual-Chris
    @virtual-chris

I was talking about "optimization bundles"... these will give you the mats and the faction pieces.
    For alloys, you to dismantle the respective weapons... you get AR alloy if you dismantle a yellow level AR, for example.

Ok, I'm not familiar with optimization bundles... what are those? Where do I get those?

• dagrommit
    785 posts
    How does reconfiguration work? Is that different from crafting? You need a sample to work with?

Yes, along with the blueprint and an exotic component (that you get from destroying another exotic). Reconfiguration destroys the donor and rolls a new version of the item, but there is no guarantee it will be better. Hence the strategy of only reconfiguring the worst version of a particular item.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

If you open the crafting table menu, and scroll to the bottom, the last one I think is the optimization bundle (gives you the rarest materials, also "very expensive" resource wise).

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

Should look like the 1st symbol below, or something similar.

Ubisoft Forums

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

Rule of thumb regarding blueprints - buy any and all blueprints available. You never know when you'll need it.
    If you are missing blueprints, fastest way is to google how to get them.
    For faction resources you need to kill more named and final bosses. Essentially, CPs and missions on heroic.

• qapnugget
    62 posts

I wouldn't bother crafting exotics that already dropped for you. By naturally playing the game you're going to end up with like so many Coyotes mask, Scorpio etc that'll you'll get a good roll anyway. However "some" exotics are rare to drop again i.e. Momento, Nemesis then maybe those you could craft, but not typical exotics that always drop like Coyote, Scorpio, Capacitor etc. Remember to always have 2 of the same exotic before recrafting as it consumes the item when rerolling. i.e. each time just reroll the one with worse stats.

Momento only ever dropped for me 5 times over 65 days in game time! But I have like 30 Coyotes mask hoping for a new content exotic to break into components to reroll.

You could craft improvised Holster, Gloves and Kneepads - Critical Change and Critical Damage gear with Armor or Red cores for Protection from Elite mods build. It will take like 30 craft rolls per item to get anything near want you want. That will definitely rinse your craft materials if you have plenty to spare!!

Optimisation materials - Summit with at least 4-5 directives and stick with a good group for hours to get the optimisation materials from SHD levelling up. Something you can grind and enjoy same time.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

"Don't like mats in your mats?". "Then allow me to introduce you to the optimisation station 2021". "A device so powerful it can deprive you of every resource you have for a megre incremental increase in power.". The Optimiser 2021. Don't get good: get skint!

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

Hey, I just remembered that the game is actually teaching you about materials.
    Open your Inventory and go to the resource tab. If you click any of the resources/materials in there, the box on the right will tell you what the use for that specific item and how you can get it.
    ... just in case you didn't noticed by now.

• Virtual-Chris

@richardoshea (and others)

The problem with the optimization station, at least in my limited experience, is that some of the resources are like unobtanium meaning I'm never doing any optimization. I think it's a very poorly designed crafting mechanic designed for ultimate grinding and not for people with a life. If they dropped Faction specific resource requirements, it would become a lot more usable.

In general, my biggest criticism of this game (and I do love it) is that the crafting is horrible. Blueprints should have pre-determined missions or locations to obtain them so you can seek out blueprints that are useful to you. Having a blueprint randomly drop is absolutely useless for most players who don't want to spend thousands of hours doing the same control points over and over and over again hoping to get a blueprint for something they actually want to use.

The only usable "crafting" solution in this game is the recalibration station. But that's so limited (one attribute) it's not very helpful.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@virtual-chris Yep, totally agree. I optimised a single AR from all three rolls at 70ish percent. It cost well over a hundred SHD points, several hundred Field Recon and even more hundreds of AR alloy. So expensive I'll likely not bother ever doing something like that again.

That said. It did get me the AR I wanted, so it's a tool that you can use.

On recalibration, you want to be using a mix of the available tools. So first farm a good drop -- somthing that has as much as what you want already on it. Recal one att or talent then use optimisation to tweak the rest of the item. That'll cut cost down considerably but optimising ain't cheap -- probably for good reason but it sucks to see it that costly.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

It is what it is...
    Was done like that to make us play more, either for the optimization materials, or trying to get the item and rolls you want from drops.
    I'm still working on what will be my perfect Carbine 7, while I play and hope to drop in my lap one day (preferably before I finish the optimization on the current one).

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

I much prefer the Ghost Recon Blueprint method, but it's not as bad as you anticipate. You are guaranteed a blueprint from clearing a CP3 [or 4] - and those don't take much more than 5 minutes to clear. Less than 20 hours of gameplay to get them all, give or take?

Faction Materials are best crafted, but otherwise, you get them from beating the final faction boss on a mission or bounty [or in The Summit, but faction is random]. Solar Farm is the best way to gather Materials for crafting. Again, Challenging is usually the most efficient, speed wise.

Besides Crafting Optimization Mats, I would add to the recommendation of crafting Improvised Holster/Gloves/Knee if interested in trying a Protection from Elites build [though better geared toward your LMG friend]. It's also the only way to get some of the Named Items.

• Virtual-Chris
    It is what it is...
    Was done like that to make us play more, either for the optimization materials, or trying to get the item and rolls you want from drops.
    I'm still working on what will be my perfect Carbine 7, while I play and hope to drop in my lap one day (preferably before I finish the optimization on the current one).

Im sure many players like to play for resources to improve their kit but I guess I’m a bit different… I want to play for some greater objective. My gear is a tool to accomplish a goal, not the goal.

I realize I’m probably playing the wrong game. I’m making the best of it, but I wish the game didn’t require “farming” anything… that you got the resources you needed as part of accomplishing projects, missions, bounties, etc. The game does an amazing job of giving you plenty to do, it’s just that doing all that is still not enough to improve your gear.

Of course, you do get some optimization resources through regular play, but not nearly enough to really bother. Once a month, I can maybe optimize a couple of attributes 0.2%. Meh.

I’m just frustrated that after a couple hundred hours and 150 SHD levels I’m realizing my kit will never be great as I don’t want to play insane difficulties in order to keep the sponge realistic.

• Virtual-Chris

@latenitedelight

I’m looking at what I can craft and don’t see anything called “Optimization mats” Isthat a term for something else? Or I’m looking in the wrong place? I can craft Black Tusk faction materials but no other faction. [censored]?!

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

I don't like RNG and farming either, but it's in the DNA of looters/shooters.
    At SHD 150, you still have a long way 😀
    Expect to have most of the blueprints and 90%+ rolls around SHD 500. I'm saying most because some blueprints you need to actively chase, or complete a list of chores to get them (if they are of interest).

Hmm, you should have the SHD Calibration bundle in the crafting list... It was a while back for me, there is a chance you would need a blueprint for it?

Check this out, from minute 2 mark.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts
    @latenitedelight

I’m looking at what I can craft and don’t see anything called “Optimization mats” Isthat a term for something else? Or I’m looking in the wrong place? I can craft Black Tusk faction materials but no other faction. [censored]?!

You're in the right spot, there just are more than faction materials, so I use OptiMats as a catch all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The system is indeed overly convoluted 😵

If you focus on it, you can possibly hit a tier in 10 hours, but that requires crafting and watch points. More something to keep as a backup for poor RNG, with minor guiding of play [say, focus on certain factions if you're trying to optimize a certain piece].

Suggested Topics