Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• qapnugget
    61 posts

@rodnaz Yup its 75% reduction. Still feels very slow to optimise.

Up to the point I only match make with at least 5-6 summit directives and farm SHD levels to get the optimisation materials.

• Rodnaz
    69 posts

@qapnugget lol - it gives the phrase watching paint dry new meaning! Today I bumped weapon damage on a backpack by 1/2 of 1 percent, I'm crusin

• Noxious81
    382 posts
    (...) at least 5-6 summit directives and farm SHD levels to get the optimisation materials.

Imho farming The Summit isn't quite the best method for farming Optimization materials or specifically SHD levels. Of course this definitely depends on your playstyle, but as the EP-rewards for clearing Summit levels are not thaaaat huge, I usually find myself leveling up much quicker in the open world. For ease I usually have it set to "challenging" difficulty with three directives which still lets me steamroll through any activity. Additionally, every now and then there's a heroic CP to clear, which is also good for accumulating Field Recon Data.

And with leveling up fast, I can spend the points on my SHD watch for SHD Calibration only. Field Recon Data comes from CPs (see above) or from crafting Optimization materials. Generally crafting the needed mats is a very efficient way to fill up your supplies. So always (!) think about opening each and every box or bag you come across while roaming the OW. And dismantle every High-End or Gear Set item. Keep the purple items for selling.

In case you are really low on mats always go and see the Solarfarm CP. Clear it, activate Loot Vision™ by donating enough resources and feel the joy of collecting tons of free mats!

• qapnugget
    61 posts

@noxious81
    @Rodnaz

Yea true Summit with multiple directives not the fastest method. But it's a method that requires less focus and in a way feels more varied than set play outs of main missions. Can easily zone out for 4-5 hours with a good random team and no downtime of match making constantly or running between CPs. One straight continuous run.

Although Summit farming was a habit from before of using targeted loot feature as an extra bonus to SHD grinding, but after 16 builds I drop everything I loot now. Nothing more to work on in terms of gear itself, just small amounts of optimisation capacity here and there.

I always say to new players on VoIP don't bother optimising until last like 1-1.5%. That extra small % per gear won't make you suddenly more powerful. So many times few days later I come across a good roll and kick myself for wasting materials.

As they say it is the journey that matters, not just the destination. 🙂

• Noxious81
    382 posts
    (...) But it's a method that requires less focus (...)

Yeah, that's indeed true ;). A clan mate recently compared playing The Summit to knitting. Simply knitting along nicely for a couple of hours, without having to think a lot.

(...) and in a way feels more varied than set play outs of main missions.

Also true. Repeatedly playing main missions is not something that I can do very often. Currently I really prefer wandering around in the open world while constantly engaging roaming hostiles, clearing some activities, or conquering a CP. This also feels pretty "fluent" without much idling in between.

(...) I always say to new players on VoIP don't bother optimising until last like 1-1.5%. That extra small % per gear won't make you suddenly more powerful. So many times few days later I come across a good roll and kick myself for wasting materials.

That is really a good advice to give. Especially as you often can see people optimizing completely useless stats or optimizing useful stats but on a backpack/vest with a completely useless talent. No wonder people complain that they feel they don't get ahead with optimizing. Just focus on already close to perfect items that really do fit your build (concerning attributes and talents). Optimizing anything else is a waste of resources and time, as this is not the way Optimization is meant to be used.

• Rodnaz
    69 posts

@noxious81 I lean towards open world, for a variety of gear & encounters. I pick up everything & sometimes just loot the Solar Farm & area without a take over. Like if I need some mats for a weekly. I play missions cp's etc & to avoid monotony sometimes I pick questionable fights. Sometimes I need a break in the routine.

The Summit visual & lighting does not appeal to me. It has variety & can be fun but probably best experienced in a group. Playing solo, which I do, is probably why I'm not a fan. I plan to test more up close & personal there so I might play it more often. Meanwhile I'm in slower cruise mode & for the most part more patient. Trying to rush SHD level, especially with UBI at the controls, can be an exercise in frustration if one lets it.

Suggested Topics