ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@virtual-chris It also comes dangerously close to cheating. You are literally using unintended hardware to gain an edge. Now, for disabled players or strictly PvE situations, I could come on board with the hardware, but everyone knows that the majority of players will abuse this to gain an advantage over other players.

I'm glad I have a gaming PC nowadays, because playing Rainbow 6 Siege on PS4 is ruined by players with M&K.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@sevennvd I don't think it comes anywhere close to cheating. If it's supported by the hardware, and it is, and the developer (which it is as I use one) then the only person determining its use is the player. As to gaining an advantage, remember we're discussing a section of the player base that has been responsible for every exploit, glitch, hack and cheat this game has suffered. Gaining an advanatage by any means is by and large their modus operandi.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

My point is, how do you lower the difference in the difficulty experience that Marco points out in that video? He clearly says that the PvE Incursion he was running was much more difficult on console. How do you balance that difference without telling people to get on a M&K on a console?

• Oatiecrumble
    600 posts

@Adrian-11 as far as i'm aware Playstation has no intensions of following suit too Microsoft, MS is very much said they want consoles to be as close as possible to P.C.....PS has not mentioned anything along them lines.

Have you seen the videos of a Xbox Series X being taken apart and put back togethor, it's identical to a p.c, maybe even easier......as far as i'm aware MS is already in the making of the Xbox Series X (Updated Version)....Cha Ching 💵 💵 💵

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@txdieselkid I don't know how to answer that question, and by all accounting neither did Massive. Could we also not ask how Sony or Microsoft develop their hardware to balance any differences; after all, the difference is of their making not Massive's.

• Oatiecrumble
    600 posts

They could maybe just make the hit box very slightly bigger for consoles, but not too much or it will become unrealistic, also give deadzones/camera sensitivity/aim sensitivity more fine tuning.

There is software to change the settings on the Xbox Elite controller to make it more responsive but not everyone owns one.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 800 posts
    @virtual-chris It also comes dangerously close to cheating. You are literally using unintended hardware to gain an edge. Now, for disabled players or strictly PvE situations, I could come on board with the hardware, but everyone knows that the majority of players will abuse this to gain an advantage over other players.

I don't think it's cheating but no one cares what I think :D. I don't play PvP anyway.

Is the aim assist feature on most games that support controllers considered ok? Or is that cheating? That feature is offered by nearly every game I've seen. I turn it off but I know my friends who play with controllers use it.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts
    Is the aim assist feature on most games that support controllers considered ok? Or is that cheating? That feature is offered by nearly every game I've seen.

The aim assist for controller users? No, not cheating as it's a level playing field. But the hardware you mentioned is tricked so the console doesn't know if it's M&K or controller so it even gives aim assist to mouse users? That's..... unintended to say the least.

@RichardOshea It's not supported. I do believe there are M&K licensed by the consoles for using chat functions and the browers, but they're automatically disabled when playing games as far as I know.

Again, I'm all for inclusivity and if the hardware helps someone with a disability to play a console game, I'm more than happy the hardware exist, but I've been on the other end of the coin where I would have liked to play competitive but got my game ruined by players abusing this.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@sevennvd For this game or any? As I hear people talk about using them all the time on consoles? I guess in that case if the Developer states that a specific console will not be supporting M&K and then a player uses third party software to circumvent that then it's a bit dubious -- wouldn't want to make the call on that myself though. I agree regarding inclusivity, and if a controller or a mouse and keyboard or perhaps even bespoke input devices enables a player to enjoy a game then they should certainly be free to do that.

If gamers want cross-platform competative play though then how is that going to be achieved without, for want of a better phrase, a serious amount of handholding to compensate for the differences between controllers and M&K. I've already said that I can't answer that quandry myself, but surely it must be a goal for the industry as a whole?

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@oatiecrumble

I think the PS5 console itself works with keyboard, not exactly sure about the mouse.
    But even so, the bigger problem is the proper support in-game... which as was observed, is lacking on Xbox even though there is official support from MS.

Suggested Topics