Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 616 posts

I normally play solo on my PC, but my friends have PS4 so I use that for coop. One thing I noticed is that playing on PS4, apparel items will occasionally drop from random luggage whereas on PC, only trinkets will drop. I've never got an apparel item loot drop on PC. Am I alone in this?

I guess, as expected, there's a lot more settings available on PC than PS4. I can't change my cross-hairs on PS4.

What other differences are there?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• qapnugget
    61 posts

Biggest difference is that PS4 does not have 60FPS, only PS5.

We can talk about resolution and using mice vs controller etc, but a locked 30FPS on PS4 feels unnatural.

Stick to PC if it is decent enough for your native monitor resolution and good graphics setting to reach 60FPS consistently.

• Sock_Monkey
    282 posts

Still can't get used to controllers on Xbox/PS4 either. It's fine and dandy for slower, puzzle-type games, but for fast-moving combat there's just no beating a keyboard and mouse.

Having said that, there are some horror-type games I like to plug my surround headphones into my PS4 and plop in front of my 77" OLED TV at night. Can't beat the immersion there, except for the Oculus VR connected to my PC. The latter still gives me bouts of nausea though, so don't play it as often as I would like to.

• the_Kettle
    134 posts

On my first play-through (back in April 2020 or so) I got random apparel drops in the open world, at least earlier in the story - then they stopped at some point. Not sure if they got patched out of the game or if there's some other cut-off point (eg reaching a certain number of apparel items in the shared account inventory) that stops them from dropping?

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@virtual-chris I've had apparel from lugage on PC it is kind of rare though. As to differences there shouldn't be any like that, just hardware based requirements.

• SevenNVD
    75 posts

@virtual-chris

The 2 versions of the game are mostly identical. The apparel loot you are getting from the open world is also on PC, but it's a very tiny loot pool, and as soon as you've collected it all, it won't drop anymore.
    Chances are that on PC, you had collected the open world apparel by other means.

• Virtual-Chris

Thanks guys... it's very possible I forget picking up the odd piece of apparel on my early PC days, but it may also be that I got it some other way... I did buy a couple of outfits right at the start.

Ps. I have found the ultimate controller for my game play... that gives me a mouse for aiming and an analog stick for movement... and it works on both PC and PS... The Venom X4... https://www.tuact.com/products/venomx-4

I highly recommend it for anyone that prefers a mouse for aiming but wishes they had an analog stick for movement and more ergonomic button placement. It's the best of both worlds. It essentially emulates a PS controller but allows you to use a mouse for aiming and you have full control over button mapping on both platforms.

• IgotNerfed
    18 posts

@virtual-chris I am looking at re-buying this for PC but my monitor is a let down. I have a future proof PC but still have a 1080p 60hz 24" monitor from about 11-12 years ago. I never thought about a monitor because I always thought I'd game on Consoles with a HDR TV. I have seen this played on PC and it does look feel smoother and it looks graphically nice too.. depending on your set-up, of course. I Have never used a mouse and keyboard for gaming I've only had my PC about 6 months. but I imagine after a period of adjustment it will be a lot more accurate than a controller and a lot faster to aim where you need to. From the FPS and the control method I don't think they'll be too much different.

• Virtual-Chris

@igotnerfed

I have both my PS and my PC connected to a 75” 4K TV. I sit about 6’ away and it’s a very immersive experience.

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

Not exactly on topic, but of relevance when talking about PC vs Console.....

Marco weighs in on the difference of PC/Console (start at roughly 9:19):

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@txdieselkid A really interesting question is: Does a console alter a playstyle? I'm thinking about PvP here as I've always thought the main reason why chicken dancing occurred is the controller and the hardware limits meaning the devs used weather to cut draw distance down which in turn cut the combat range down. The controller is what it is; a poor substitute for a mouse and keyboard.

• Oatiecrumble
    299 posts

I have played both, one on a high end p.c with K&M and on the Xbox Series X.

The only real difference is K&M is way way more responsive and accurate, which makes more builds viable, i.e MM builds for HS's......plus you can reduce the amount of stability/accuracy mods on weapons and swap them for damage mods.

TTK is way quicker.

Other than that they are pretty much the same (Based on the Xbox Series X)

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

Either way, it makes the case for better balance between the gap of the PC and console. Perhaps it's less recoil on console, or lower NPC heath pools, or some combination there of, but to say it's (PvE/TD in general) not easier on PC, well... I just don't know about that....

(Acknowledging that generally the best players are usually on PC) There's a reason "worlds first" is always on PC.... so how do we better balance THAT?

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@txdieselkid They're so close to PCs in terms of internal hardware now that the controller is an outlier. The spanner in the works of true cross-platform gaming. You can't balance a controller, but you can get rid of it. To my knowledge both PS and XBox can use M&K, so a method exists to overcome that. It would certainly end the nonsensical accusation that a console player is somehow cheating if they use a M&K. I use one on PC: I don't cheat.

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

As an Xbox couch player, I have no desire to use a M&K. lol 😉

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

This generation of consoles have mouse and keyboard support from the start. It's up to the developers to actually use it.
    Both Divisions don't have it, even with the latest TD2 update to bring it to new visual standards, this is missing. Goes without saying that TD1 may never get an update (for visuals or otherwise).

Anyway, the point is, M&K support is not a platform limitation anymore, it's a development choice at this point. It's on the developers to implement it (or rather "allow" it) in their games.

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

@txdieselkid

There are solutions to reconcile M&K and couch play.

• Oatiecrumble
    299 posts

List of games that support K&M on Console, it's very limited and most of the games i ain't even heard of: https://www.windowscentral.com/list-xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard-games

To make matters worse, the games don't function that great when using K&M on the Xbox, Microsoft is aware of it and is looking into the problem, I do believe that in the near future K&M will be used a lot more in games for Xbox because it's what Microsoft wants the console to be......a sister to p.c's.

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

@oatiecrumble

A living room PC-ish, locked to their ecosystem.
    And Sony will have to follow.

• Virtual-Chris

@oatiecrumble As I mentioned above... the Venom X4 is the perfect solution for any console gamer that wants to use a mouse. Game support is not required... the console/game thinks you're using a controller. It's also the perfect solution for any PC gamer that wants an analog stick for movement. It's the ultimate solution for people that play both console and PC as you can switch back and forth seamlessly.

Suggested Topics