ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RichardOshea
    Original poster 167 posts

So something went la la a bit here as the other three players had joined this mission within the first two maps. And I ain't that good!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@richardoshea

Hmm, I don't think there are 400 NPCs in that mission 😂
    Looks an NPC died every 2 seconds in there.

• RichardOshea

@aspoiu I know right, and I never ressed anyone either. I'm concerned; either the game thinks I suck and is trying to boost my ego or I'm a super-awesome-gamer-god that should be heading up a major team. I'm questioning my existence as we speak! 🤔

I'd been clearing the CPs associated with this weeks Manhunt target and my world has directives applied so it may have something to do with statistics tracking in general rather than this mission. Every 2 seconds had me laughing by the way! I just that good!

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@richardoshea

I had a different glitch few days back - the stats screen was showing only me, even though the other 3 guys were still there with me, still in the group. The numbers were also not making any sense.
    I guess sometimes the stats server misfires and tries to make up something.

Btw, did you do 8 revives? Those are easier to remember or estimate.

• RichardOshea

@aspoiu Not a one. In fact I had to be ressed as I was rushing it a bit as I'm pushed on time.

I've seen it bug out before too, but this one had me laughing a lot. It's generally OK though but when I see this I start to question the veracity of the summary as a whole. If anyone is using it to determine team composition they may be doing someone a disservice by believing in it.

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@richardoshea

Look at the bright side - something to frame on your wall.

Or create some disturbance - post it on Reddit and watch the fireworks.

• Oatiecrumble
    441 posts

I don't even look at them anymore, i wish there was a option to turn them off in settings......i gave up looking at them when i completed DUA on legendary with my sons and it showed i got the most kills even though i was purely a crowd control build using mainly Blinder Firefly.

• the_Kettle
    215 posts

In my experience, these tend to bug out about one in ten times. Most often it'll randomly trigger mid-mission, then not show up at the end of the mission. Sometimes it'll completely ignore some of the players and just show stats for one or two of the four in the group. I've definitely had it where I answered a call for backup while in the middle of a solo mission, and the stats at the end appeared to include the kills I'd accumulated in the solo misison.

Despite the issues, I still enjoy checking my stats and most of the time they look reasonably accurate.

EDIT: the one circumstance where I can see it 'correctly' producing stats like your screenshot would be if you ran the mission and wiped multiple times (and maybe were rezzed by a hive repeatedly as well in the process) while solo before opening it for matchmaking and having the other players join you. The patience you'd need to try that so much you racked up 300 kills would be pretty incredible, though.

• RichardOshea

@the_kettle Absolutely. If you wipe then it just keeps tolling everything until the end. Even wiping on a Legendary once would only get you into the 180+ kill range though. Like you say, you'd need to try real hard to make these numbers naturally.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

The summary has been unreliable for a awhile now. IIRC, the incorrect kill count was why it was removed from the raids. The negative damage is probably due to the use of a datatype that can't handle the large numbers generated after Warlords came out (it never happened before then).

• tcarlisle2012
    170 posts

Any time the overall damage number is negative, I find it is best to just ignore the stats. Yes, its known and has been pointed out plenty of times in the forums.

I've been saying for years that a studio that is a global industry leader should have a real bug report system. A system that pretty much forces bugs to be reported in a format that includes everything needed to triage the issue.

For example, one of the more frequent official responses to reported bugs is "can you send us a video?"

And they still ask for your system info files (even though that is pointless 99% of the time, and it is a fake 'requirement' mean tot lead non-technical players to believe the issue is specific to them and rooted in their hw/sw configuration.... even though most issues are not).

And then the issues get actually triaged and assigned -- with triage being mostly automated.

Instead, Ubisoft has a 1996 era of software support..... where you put your bug reports in their forum and hope someone actually looks at it, actually cares, and actually knows where it needs to be assigned.

BTW, most games I own and play, don't even have the bug count this game has. So another way of improving the situation would be to better test their releases. Because if there are few issues then their are fewer players impacted and fewer people scratching their heads going "seriously? Ya'll know it isn't 1998, right?"

Suggested Topics