Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• the_Kettle
    150 posts

@aspoiu That hunter appears during many of the manhunt bounties for this season, as well as in the final manhunt mission - I don't think you're supposed to kill him at this point, he's just for flavour. However, I'm sure a suitably prepared group could pull it off (using raid one-shot tactics like overcharged Achilles followed by HH-stacked headshots).

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@the_kettle

Well, if it's scripted trolling, you can't really kill them, they will just go "puff" no matter what, like Kajika half-way through that mission (oh, how I hate that BS).

On a similar topic, I watched about 15 min of that video re. how to find/trigger the hunters, and I am definitely not doing any of that. More than happy to come along and assist with the pew-pew, but I won't memorize those silly steps and sequences. I just don't have that kind of patience.
    Hunters in TD1 were really hunters, but I guess they were replaced by AI rogue agents in TD2, while the "hunters" are now just trolls with masks.

• Adrian-11
    800 posts
    If you just need a hunter for the Ridgeways Pride project, the manhunt version of Coney Island amusement park is the easiest way

Care to elaborate on this? Thanks

• Rodnaz
    70 posts

@adrian-11 I haven't seen a manhunt version of coney island yet. Maybe it comes around or the last floor or two in the sunmmit works for me as well. No rush on the holster

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@rodnaz

Part of the season 6 (or 3 re-run) rewards track is the unlock-all manhunt final missions. I think Coney Island is actually the final mission of the current manhunt (Bardon Schaeffer).
    I hope there are some hunters in there that we can farm without the BS, for the Ridgeway chest piece.
    I haven't tried yet to see if I can skip directly to it...

• the_Kettle
    150 posts
    If you just need a hunter for the Ridgeways Pride project, the manhunt version of Coney Island amusement park is the easiest way

Care to elaborate on this? Thanks

Open the settings for Coney Island Amusement Park, toggle mission mode to the Schaeffer Manhunt version, run the mission. It will become clear along the way.

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@the_kettle

So hunter(s) included in the mission? Nice 😀
    That would explain the earlier trolling during Dusk bounty.

• Rodnaz
    70 posts

@the_kettle Sounds good, thanks. I may be wrong but I think I need two Hunters in the summit. It been a while -

• Rodnaz
    70 posts

@adrian-11 Yeah the BS is right & especially so for the summit. Hoping for two hunters @ Coney

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 761 posts
    Speaking of hunters...
    I did the Dusk bounty last nigh, and one hunter appeared before Dusk. Got him cornered and almost finished when he dropped something like a smoke grenade, and puff! he disappeared in the thin air. Tried the 2nd time, for the exact same effect.
    Did anyone get that hunter, or the game is just trolling us?

I did the Dusk manhunt tonight and it must be scripted in, because I also ran into a hunter on that mission. At first I though that was Dusk, but then realized he was attacking all the other enemies in the courtyard and had no name. I tagged him with ND and started working on the rest of them. After taking considerable damage, poof! Gone. Fortunately, the Hunter actually helped me - he never attacked me. 🙂

I then wiped trying to take Dusk… she’s like a hunter! I generally don’t carry a revive hive, so when I got back to the location to try it the 2nd time, the Hunter appeared again, but this time in the underground parking area. I laid into him with the nade launcher and after 6 nades, I thought he was dead, but when the smoke cleared, he was gone. 😞

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@virtual-chris

Yep, apparently, it's just scripted trolling, signaling that some hunter(s) will be involved in the final manhunt mission.

Btw, when someone stops by in-game to say "Hi!", it's customary to say "Hi" back, then the players can go their separate ways. Being kicked out without one word is kind of disappointing... no biggie tho.

• Virtual-Chris

@adrian-11 Yeah, sorry about that. I really didn’t know how to handle it.

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

@virtual-chris

I thought so, hence no biggie.
    It would be good for me (and others connected with you) to know if you are playing exclusively solo, so we don't interfere or interrupt.

• Virtual-Chris

@adrian-11 Yeah, I prefer to play solo... but that's no reason to be rude 🙂

• Virtual-Chris

On the topic of difficulty... is it me or do sponge and your fragility change from night to night even on the same difficulty setting? Here's what I noticed...

Last week, the Capitol Building mission had ND for targeted loot so I did that mission a few times on Challenging to see what I could get. It was tough but I didn't go down.

Last night I did the Capitol Building mission as a requirement for the season manhunt. I did it on Challenging and went down a few times. It seems like I was taking more damage but I was using the same kit as always.

Maybe I just wasn't on the top of my game? Or can enemy sponge and damage you take change from time to time for some reason, other than difficulty setting?

• Oatiecrumble
    314 posts
    Maybe I just wasn't on the top of my game? Or can enemy sponge and damage you take change from time to time for some reason, other than difficulty setting?

This happens to me, most of the time i am on top of my game but when i ain't it's bad 🤣

• Oatiecrumble
    314 posts

@Virtual-Chris

If you want a real easy time in heroic try aiming for this build, very easy to get too......enemies will NOT feel spongy with this build...trust me 😃

3 x Hunters Fury rolled with Weapon Damage + CHC
    1 x Hunters Fury rolled with Armor + CHD
    1 x Backpack: Memento
    1 x Chest: Badger Tuff rolled with Armor + CHC + CHD with Perfect Unbreakable
    2 x CHD Mod on gear
    1 x CHC Mod on gear

1 x Scorpio (Main)
    1 x Dark Winter (Rarely used)

Technician Spec with Artificer Hive & Crusader Shield

All of the above it pretty easy to get, the chest is slightly harder.

• Virtual-Chris

@oatiecrumble

I doubt I can really beat the minimal sponge I already have with Perfect Glass Cannon and an all red build. I'm actually very happy with the build. The only time I run into trouble, is if I'm having an off night or not sticking to cover as much as I should... then I get punished brutally. Which is the way I want it. I want them to die quick and me to die quick when I make a mistake.

Overall, I'm trying to minimize the number of "magic" items I use in regular play and keep it as realistic as possible so perfect glass cannon and an all-red build serves me well in that regard. I can rationalize Negotiator's Dilemma as I assume those other enemies I've hit are bleeding out or suffering from the earlier injuries I inflected.

Some aspects of the game are really not designed for a perfect glass cannon red build so I do need to equip a bit of blue from time to time to survive some crazy boss missions, hunters, or when I go into the DZ. In those situations, I'm basically choosing to cheese them so anything goes.. a "Zero F's" with Perfectly Unbreakable and the Scorpio for the win! 🙂

• BT3241
    98 posts

They have defiantly adjusted the AI I don't think they seem more aggressive they are more aggressive - I like it the game is a little more challenging. Anyone else notice the slight increase in aggression?

• Virtual-Chris

@bt3241 That’s not how I would describe it. It seems like the sponge level of enemies increased and the damage I take increased but I could be just imagining it.

Suggested Topics