Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mandecklord
    Original poster 1 posts

i try running this on windows 11 ( all other games work) and i have well above the recommended hardware i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling nothing works
    It is currently installed on a harddrive if i need to move it to an ssd or my c drive let me know.
    windows 11 Home
    I5-9600k
    RTX2060 super 8gb
    32GB DDR4 Ram
    4TB Space 2SSD 2HDD
    asus h310m-ER2

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 997 posts

Hey @mandecklord, thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the forums! Moving the thread over to our support channel so it can be viewed better. If you're still encountering trouble with launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla at this time, I would recommend trying installing it to your c drive to test if you encounter the same results. If you have already tried this along with exhausting all steps from our PC Troubleshooting Guide here, please create a support ticket with your MSINFO and DxDiag attached so we can take a closer look over this with you.

Official Response
  • swineosaurus
    2 posts

@mandecklord Same issue here, mine is on my C drive which is a 2TB SSD

Ryzen 3800X
    2070 Super
    16GB DDR4 3600
    I've reinstalled C++ redist and set the .exe to Run as Admin, nothing works.

• YazX_
    174 posts

win11 is not officially released, so if the game doesnt work on it then i'm sorry to say to not expect any support for it right now.

• swineosaurus
    2 posts

@yazx_ It's just a fancily dressed Windows 10 with higher security requirements... but thanks for the meaningful and useful reply!

I did testing, the issue it seems with their Cloud servers(as if it fails to connect and the game drops out), Origins and Odyssey do the same thing, Black flag launches fine. Must be the new security features mucking with something.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2374 posts

@swineosaurus As YazX_ mentioned Windows 11 is not officially released yet and is only available as a preview build.

We can only offer troubleshooting steps to try, however if that does not resolve the issue then we would be unable to investigate further until Windows 11 officially releases.

Official Response
  • sushi714
    1 posts

@swineosaurus I'm not sure if this will help for your issue, but I'm also using Windows 11 and couldn't even sign into Ubisoft Connect after upgrading to it!

To resolve my problem, I had to adjust settings under Firewall & network protection section of the Windows Security settings app. Click "Allow an app through firewall" which will open a another window. Look for Ubisoft Connect in the list -- mine had the checkbox under Public unchecked. I normally wouldn't look to check this box, but I skimmed the rest of the list and it seemed like my other game launchers had a duplicate instance of the same launcher in the list, but each only had either Private or Public checked, which I assume is the same as checking both boxes for the same app. I have no idea why Ubisoft Connect doesn't create a duplicate instance on the list with one or the other checked like the other launchers, but all I know is it allowed me to sign into Connect without encountering the error again.

FYI I also reinstalled the current version of Ubisoft Connect prior to making the following changes, since I had an "A Ubisoft service is not available at the moment" error when I initially ran whatever version of Connect I had installed prior to upgrading to Windows 11, but I believe the issue is with whatever the default Windows Firewall settings Ubisoft Connect requests that Windows 11 either resets or changes when upgrading (not Connect). Also, I made sure to check service status at the time and there were no server/connection issues with Ubisoft Connect, in general.

• EpicDeadPeople
    1 posts

I tested with latest Windows 11 today and Assasins Creed Valhalla launches now through Ubisoft connect without any problems.

• Ubi-Keo

@sushi714 I'm pleased you were able to resolve your issue with Ubisoft Connect on Windows 11, thanks for your detailed post.

@EpicDeadPeople Thanks for you post and confirming that Assassin's Creed Valhalla launches without any issues on Windows 11.

Official Response
  • HesitateYou
    5 posts

My assassins creed valhalla can not running in win11 too.It's stop in axe logo and not continue.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @hesitateyou I'm sorry to hear that Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not launching on Windows 11 for you.

Can you go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here then try again.

However if the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket and attach your system files, dxdiag and msinfo and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you. 

Official Response
  • HesitateYou
    5 posts

@ubi-keo I found i can use the Nvidia GeForce Expreience to get in the Vahalla in normal. But use Ubisoft Connect still have the same problem that click start play button will crash after appear the axe logo of valhalla.

• Rhyagell
    5 posts

I've been running it on Windows 11 fine, however, I immediately adjusted security so that I could install "side load" applications. If those who are still experiencing issues haven't already tried, you should try to adjust your security settings and what is allowed to be installed as applications.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @hesitateyou thanks for the update.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues launching the game in Windows 11. If the troubleshooting steps did not help then please submit a support ticket and attach a copy of your system files so that our Customer Support team can investigate further.

Official Response
  • benji5775
    1 posts

i can't launch the game after update to windows 11 version 21H2(OS Build 22000.258)
    any solution to help?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hey there @benji5775 - welcome to Discussions! I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling to launch Assassin's Creed Valhalla on your Windows 11 PC.

Have you already run through our PC troubleshooting, including ensuring that the game is running with administrator permissions and there are no interfering background applications running?

Can you also please clarify for me if the game hangs on the loading window in Ubisoft Connect, or if it does not open at all in any capacity? Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • j0hnIV
    1 posts

Me to i cant launch the game in Windows 11 version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.282)

• Megwildwalker
    1 posts

@swineosaurus I have the same issue and I'm still running Windows 10. However the DCH driver upgrade processed just before I ran into this issue. Valhalla, Odyssey, and Origins will start, get to the synchronization with the Cloud then drop. Black flag runs fine.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 979 posts

Hey guys @j0hnIV , @Megwildwalker !

Thank you for reaching out, sorry to see you're having issues.

Have you yet attempted any of the steps posted by @Ubi-Woofer ?

If not, please give them a try and let us know if there's any changes.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • jamoin
    2 posts

Windows 11 upgrade, no issues. Since the ACV upgrade to v 1.4.0 I can no longer play. Ubisoft connect is fine, the game loads to the title screen, when I 'continue' the game, the loading sequence starts, then it crashes.

Suggested Topics