ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• the_Kettle
    Original poster 232 posts

As there's at least some slim hope (in my mind at least) of some QoL improvements in the announced end-of-year update, I'd like to address a regular bugbear of mine: 'new item' type notifications (the orange exclamation points that show you there's something new to look at). If a kindly mod could possibly pass these on to the devs, I'd be a happy man.

While these are generally a hugely useful thing, there are a number of places in the game where they show up erroneously and annoyingly, so I'll list the ones that I most regularly encounter:

1. New Project: this has been reported a few times before, but I'll add it here for completeness: If you have WONY but NOT the season pass for the current season, there is a PERMANENT 'new project' notification on the projects tab, tied apparently to the fact that you can't 'see' the daily mission added by the season pass.

2. New Collectible: happens most often with audio log collectibles, but I have seen it happen with other ones (eg art collectibles): Literally every time I shepherd someone to complete a mission for the first time I then have to clear a whole set of 'new' flags on audio logs. It's usually faction related but doesn't seem directly tied to the specific audio logs included in the mission (eg I'll run one True Sons misson with someone and it'll reflag every audio log in the 'Anton Ridgeway' subset as new). Possibly happens when they get their first collectible from that specific subset? Doesn't seem to happen with the ECHO collectibles, though.

3. New Commendation (Raid commendations): This happens less often, but a few times I've seen all the raid commendations that I haven't already completed get reflagged as new. I suspect this occurs if I help someone with the Capitol Building stronghold (as that opens up endgame, including raids, for the first time for them).

4. New Clan information: It seems there isn't any normal way to flag clan info as 'read', so looking at the message feed will clear the 'new' flag for that game session, but then they'll keep reflagging as 'new' again for a few days after they appear. Slightly unrelated, but since I changed clans I'm also getting a 'Welcome to your clan' popup message in the clan menu each session when I've been a member for over a month now.

I suspect there are others (eg I think all my DZ perks reflagged as new when I shepherded someone into the DZ for the first time), but the ones listed above are my main gripes.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics