ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hs187
    Original poster 3 posts

2 years I created this thread about the missing subtitles:

I got a weird bug, I just installed Assassin's Creed Origins and started new character, I cant even see any subtitles when speaking side quest NPC. In first hour play it was no problem but suddenly I couldnt see subtitles except when its main story. Its my second playthrough. On my first playthrough 1 year ago it I had no problem with subtitles. The side-quest NPCs doesnt even open mouth during cutscreens.

Theres any fix?

uninstalled game after. Today 2 years later I gave this game another try. Still no subtitles and it seems the ubisoft forum have been moved. So any idea why I aint see any subtitles in side quests? Playing on PC.

edit: funny this forum flagged my link to my thread on old ubisoft forum as a spam even its their own old forum but can be found as first result when googling "Assassins Creed Origins Side Quests subtitles not working"

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hs187
    Original poster 3 posts

@hs187

Reinstalled game, changed other languages (french and spanish) and still not working...

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1501 posts

Hey @hs187, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issue you ran into there, as it's certainly an odd one.

Taking into consideration that it was all working fine initially however with your second play-through, this particular issue came up, for testing purposes, would you be able to see if problem continues to persist if you were to start a new game?

Let us know and we will take it from there!

Official Response
  • Laplant53
    2 posts
    Banned

Assassin’s Creed Origins is one of the most sprawling games I’ve ever played, and that’s saying something when every other new release is some huge open world these days, but it manages to remain interesting thanks to its core gameplay and unique objectives.

• hs187
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-karl

Hello. Thank you for response. Didnt notice your post because I uninstalled the game.

After I created this thread I did reinstalled AC:Origins, even changed sound and subtitles to different languages (to France and Spainsh) but still no subtitles. I dont remember what I changed between first and second play-throughs since it was long ago (3 years ago when the subtitles issue happened) only thing I havent tried is reinstallning Windows but the problem is that I got free Windows 10 upgrade from my old Windows 7 in a limited-time offer from Microsoft some years ago, If I reinstall my Windows it would mean I lose my Windows 10 and Im not going pay $150 for new Windows 10 Home which I already "own" for just subtitles in a game.

Been playing assassin's creed Odyssey last month and subtitles worked perfect in Odyssey and I enjoy every minutes.

Thanks for your time responding but no need to resolve subtitles issue since I uninstalled AC:Origins but might try again in future when I reinstalled new Windows but thanks very much for your response.

• Laplant53
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 793 posts

@hs187 Thanks for getting back to us, apologies for our delayed response.

Glad to hear you've been enjoying Odyssey, if you install the game again in the future and run into issues don't hesitate to get back to us.

Official Response

Suggested Topics