ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 805 posts

I’m currently collecting all the hunter masks which has got me wondering… how did the first players discover these hunters? And how to trigger them?

I mean, now, it’s all in a 10min YouTube video, but I imagine early players had nothing to go on… are there clues to the hunter locations and how to trigger them in the game?

I’m guessing that would have been a fascinating, tedious, but rewarding thing to focus on in the early days.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    832 posts

People found encrypted messages then started community effort to decypher then and investigate anything related to them. I mean BF easter eggs are pretty similar that takes multiple people investgating switches over giant maps and so on.

https://imgur.com/a/w03p1Ml

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 805 posts

I did some more reading on the topic. What a fascinating aspect to the game. Crypto messages scattered around the world in graffiti each being a vague riddle on where and how to trigger a Hunter. Amazing stuff. It must have been so intriguing in the early days of the game to be figuring this stuff out. In some ways, I wish I had just tried to find the riddles, decipher them, and figure them out. But without crowd-sourcing that would likely take more effort and time than I can afford. So I’ll settle for following the steps in a YouTube video. 🙂

I am going to see if I can find the graffiti in the game with the crypto messages. Should be fun.

• TxDieselKid
    328 posts

There’s some hunters that I refuse to believe were completely found out by the community without some help from the Dev team. In particular the year to ones. There’s simply too many steps involved and getting some of them to Spond in New York.

• Sock_Monkey
    532 posts

Speaking of Hunters: has anyone had one arbitrarily show up and attack in the middle of some other OW activity?

Just last week I was doing a bounty, and was in the last "wave" of the bounty, which took place in an underground garage. Suddenly my HUD goes all crazy "static-y" and I wasn't exactly sure why, but because it was a Heroic bounty I was a little too busy to pay it much attention.

It turns out the Hunter was one of the many NPCs that I was killing as part of the bounty. He was right among them, running around and shooting at me just like any other bounty target member. He was so well "integrated" into the pack that I wasn't even fully aware it was a Hunter until I burned him a second time as part of a group (I was using my Status/EP build so many were burning at once) and just as he was near death he did the swooshing smoke/cloud thing and vanished, then all the HUD static went away.

That was weird, and was a first for me.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@sock_monkey

Yes, we talked about that instance in another thread.
    Apparently, the hunter makes a scripted appearance in Dusk's bounty, either in that garage or the final courtyard with Dusk. He is shooting not just at you, but at everybody. You can't kill it, he just disappears in smoke.
    It seems to be a preface for the real thing that will happen when you go after Bardon S, Coney Island Amusement Park.

• N3mB0t
    983 posts

@adrian-11
    I have killed it a couple of times shepperding on hard or normal,doesnt drop anything though.

Suggested Topics