Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

I have been having this bug for a couple of months, but for some reason Depth of Filed does not work properly sometimes. I am not sure what determents the bug, but it does seem to happen in certain instances like in current boss fights. I have encountered this bug throwout the entirety of the game. Below is two different clips of me in Jötunheimr. One shows' Depth of Filed working properly and the other does not.

My platform is Xbox Seris X

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

Hey @gladi8ordude
    Have you been experiencing this since starting the game, or is this something that started after a particular patch?

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

@ubi-ginge I have been experiencing this issue around the lunch of the game back in November/February time frame. I am not sure the exact time frame, but it was early on in the lunch of the game. I believe it was working fine at lunch, but a little while later after one of the earlier patches was installed it started not working all the time and will only work sometimes. I also found if I shut down the game and start it back up. The Depth of Filed option in the Photo mode starts working again for a short time in some instances.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Thanks for providing this additional information and apologies for the slight delay responding to this query. Just to clarify you are advising the longer you get into a specific play session the less likely the depth of field is likely to be applied correctly in photo mode? If this is the case would you have a rough idea how long it would take for this to occur in game and whether this is generally fixed by restarting your game client or if this appears to be more or an erratic occurrence?

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

@ubi-litten Hey there! Yes, the longer I play within one season the more likely the Depth of Field features seems to stop working. I have running some current play sessions and it seems that it takes anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to come into effect. And I have quit out of the game to the start menu and log back into my game and the feature starts working again, but for the said period of time. Below is a more accurate look at the Depth of field bug and it acts. It seems like it gets inverted or only a portion of the screen toward the bottom gets blurred out.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

@gladi8ordude Update: As I have been playing the new Segie of Paris DLC. The Depth of Features seems to last a lot longer anywhere from 2 to 3 hours long. In some play sessions in Frankia, the problem never occurred, but anytime I synchronize at any location in Frankia the feature seemed to bug out again and again.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Hello there @GLADI8ORDUDE!

Thanks for providing us with an update following the release of Siege of Paris, as well as an additional video and more information on when the depth of field seems to stop working.

I've shared your report with the development team so they can take a closer look at this. If they require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

@ubi-borealis Ok, thanks so much!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

You're welcome, @GLADI8ORDUDE!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics