ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Evel_Knerval
    Original poster 2 posts

Today I started Ubisoft Connect and it updated itself. That itself worked fine.
    But:

• after the update I was asked for the thousandth time again to give my phone number and for the thousandth time I refused to do so, because I don't want to give my phone number to you; I have allready secured my account with two-factor-authentication
    • despite my user defined settings, the language was set back to english
    • despite my user defined settings the default installation path was set back to my systems disk and not where I have installed my games
    • despite my user defined settings the download settings were set back to ubi crap wishings

And then I went into the same old hustle to get my games updated. I allready complained about that in april and your response was ridiculous.

As a reminder, I repeat my complaint: I can remember earlier times that pending updates started automatically when you started Uplay. Later came the function that you could adjust the download bandwidth according to your needs.
    So far so good.

For some time now, a game has only been updated when you try to start it. However, it only starts when it is updated. Due to a design decision that I cannot understand, I have to accept waiting times in terms of functionality, which can be avoided.

Why is Ubisoft still calling this "automatic update" when it only starts when I want to start the game? It's not automatic, it's manual. Without a click, there will be no update, let alone a download.

Please change that! The current implementation is bad. I don't see any comfort there. Your competition solved that better.

And to top it all off, you cannot start any other game from Ubi Connect, because the update process that has just been initiated manually must be followed by the start of the game.

This is how it looks to me. This is now my routine with Ubi Connect:
    - Start Ubi Connect
    - Search games where updates are available (can only be seen if you call up the game and want to start it - [censored]?)
    - start a game
    - Wait for the download
    - Quit the game because there are still other updates to load
    - and again from the beginning until everything has been processed

With the competition from Steam, Gog, Origin and Epic, I start the associated client and immediately see where updates are pending, they really start automatically and if I want to play something else, I can do that.

What did you think at Ubisoft when you screwed up Connect like that?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics