Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

So i encountered a bug where you fast travel to Ireland ( specifically Dublin) and wanted to make it known the solution for the problem for anyone that has had this problem. I quickly made a video on it not very long hope it helps !!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    803 posts

@deathcrow thanks, I need to test it out. I managed to see Reda, but as soon as I finished talking to him Eivor started falling asleep.
    I wonder if the same thing is gonna happen with Azar. If yes, goodbye to Irish trade goods... until it's fixed.

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

@bielik01 oh interesting i didnt know it effected with NPCs as well in Dublin. everything else seems to work in ireland for me thou.

• Stickman-.
    6 posts

Just amazing. Ubisoft comes out with an update. So, I travel to Ireland and what do i get but a continuous loop of going to bed, waking up and going back to bed.

What a bunch of incompetency at Ubisoft!

• Stickman-.
    6 posts

@bielik01 Thanks for the video, I will try it out again, but the first time I tried I think I missed the timing. I just traveled to Norway from England and that worked OK. Now I'm gonna travel from Norway to Ireland and see what I get. I didn't try your pause solution when I traveled to Ireland and got into the sleep loop again. So, I'm gonna exit to the Title Screen, load the game and be back in England at my last save. Then I'll try your solution, hoping I can get the timing down. I'm spending lot of time fat traveling to distant lands and loading this game.

The Assassins Creed series has been my favorite game for years, I've played them all. But the frustration with all the undiscovered bugs and glitches in the last couple games has me so discouraged that I doubt I will ever again buy a Ubisoft game.

• bielik01
    803 posts

@deathcrow this actually works! thank you very much 😁 but as I was afraid, checking up on the chest at Azar's triggers Eivor falling asleep 😕

• Stickman-.
    6 posts

@deathcrow

Your solution worked. From the pause map I had to fast travel to another location and when I got there I did not get sent to bed!

Thank you for the work around. Oh, yea, the bugged opal in UiNeill cave is fixed and can now be collected.

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

@stickman glad to help, i only found the bug shortly after i updated the game and tried to go to ireland. Saw the dock as i was loading so i figured trying the pause button might do the trick. glad it does. For me the bug isnt huge as i can still get to Ireland. it was the Custom button mapping that drove me nuts i couldnt play properly. Just glad to help anyone if theres a better solution thou im all ears.

• axterAXTER
    1 posts

Did not work. Each return to Dublin you end up in a sleeping loop.

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

@axteraxter the solution it to get you to ireland not to get into Dublin

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

Update found the border of the affected loop took a few reloads to find. this is what i found yellow circle on the shown picture is where you cant go without the loop. everything else seems to be fair.

• Stickman-.
    6 posts

@deathcrow I'm getting the "go to bed" glitch elsewhere around Dublin. I'm collecting Iron Ore and when I'm west of the river about parallel to the Trader's stand there is an A frame house with three Iron Ore rocks nearby . When I enter the property the screen goes black and then I'm sent to bed. I've also tried to get to the Trader's stand and have been unsuccessful so far, I can only get so close, then off to bed with me.

I like the area around Dublin for collecting iron ore. I can make a counter clockwise circle around the city and in about 15 minutes collect 680 Iron Ore. Gotta get all my gear upgraded! I'm gonna try one more time to get to the trader, the chest is full, and if I get sent to bed again I'm not going to try another route until I find out the glitch is fixed. It takes a lot of time, Xbox one, to load everything,

For anybody else reading, this remember to do a manual save before, and then regularly, if you are going to go to Ireland.

• mishymoo84
    1 posts

@deathcrow I was already in Ireland. Went to Dublin to collect from my stores and it put me to sleep. That circle you've added is definitely a no-go area for me as well. All I did was load a previous save from before I went to that circle to stop the loop. Otherwise there was no point for me to click to bring up the map, I tried multiple times. They better find a fix cuz I got a quest to speak to Azar which I can't do now.

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

@mishymoo84 id say by tomorrow or thursday when the festival is suppose to start is when we might see a fix but thats just guessing. and yeah as for trying to get the pause menu its really quick you have to be on top of it almost immediately.

• Stickman-.
    6 posts

@deathcrow

What is the custom button mapping? i was not aware that it was possible to map any buttons. I play on an Xbox one, does that make a difference?

• thegardener25
    110 posts

@deathcrow Your solution to break out, or prevent the sleep cycle works fine. But only if you have other stuff to do in Ireland! I do the Reda quests daily at Ravensthorpe, & each day I travel to Ireland, with the sole purpose of emptying the chest! While I'm there, I collect some nearby loot, smash a few vases. Then I head back to Ravensthorpe & log out. So I did as you suggested, & FT'd to the nearest port, sailed to Dublin, then just as I got within touching distance of the chest, Eivor lays down for a snooze! So your solution is great workaround for players that haven't completed all the 'WotD' content, or enjoy the dove coop challenges. But a fix is needed for all players, including those that simply want to reap the 'rewards' for their labour.

• Deathcrow
    Original poster 9 posts

@thegardener25 i understand that and as someone who hasnt finished wrath of the druids this does help for now. i dont expect this to work for everyone but i do hope it helps those that need it thus why i shared it. I also think that it should be fixed within the next few days so for now this is the best we can do sure it sucks to not get the chest in Dublin.

• Stickman-.
    6 posts

@thegardener25

I like to go to Ireland to empty the chest too. Easy silver! But when I am there I always make a counter clockwise run around the outskirts of Dublin collecting Iron Ore. I.ve learned all the locations so it's just a matter of jumping on and off the horse. I can collect around 680 iron Ore in about 15 minutes. This run can be done without crossing the line that sends you to bed, except for a spot across the river at an A frame house. Enter the yard and you're sent to bed. Not bad, unless you know of a better place to do a iron Ore run, in that case please let me know where it is. I'm slowly trying to collect enough materials to upgrade all my weapons and gear. it takes a lot!

that this game has presented I've got into the habit of doing manual saves every so often.With all the unexpected glitches and bugs that still appear in this game, I've got into the habit of doing manual saves quite often. I rotate with three of them overwriting the oldest. This work better than the autosaves because my experience has been that the one I would need was long overwritten when I needed to go back

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics