Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

After downloading update 1.3.0. I found that Mjolnir's Visual effect is completely gone. I have below two clips showing what happens. Looks like it still works in the loading screen, but not in the game.
    My Platform is Xbox Series X

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1854 posts

@gladi8ordude Thanks for reporting this, I have forwarded it on to the development team.

Official Response
  • WiLei
    4 posts

Interesting "BUG" after Update 1.3.0 i did today on my PC version! Mjonlir shows up with lightning and Thunder effect in the loading screen, but both are dissapearing in game. Effect-wise it became an ordinary hammer! WHY? Also old save-files didn't work. Looks like the effects dissapeared with the latest patch. Damm, i miss it! :((

• rockfede5
    1 posts

Same issue in my game (after patch 1.30), in the loading screen you can see the thunder effect, instead while playing you have just the basic hammer

• D4rKy26
    64 posts

@wilei Try to reskin the mjolnir with another hammer skin then change back to the default one that should fix it i think.

• YazX_
    172 posts

i had this issue when i launched the game after the update, today i launched the game and did some stuff but then i noticed the effect is there, things i did:

1. Changed horse and raven.
    2. Put cloak on/off (hold B button to toggle)
    3. Talked to the mastery challenges woman and opened her shop, maps guy and finally Reda and bought some opal items.

i dont know what triggered it to work again, if you still have this issue, then please try the things i listed one by one until we know what triggered it to work again.

• WiLei
    4 posts

@d4rky26

Thanks. Will check this later at home. It's definitely the latest Patch. I have Valhalla on PS4 PRO too, not Updated. Started it today, no problems with the effects. It really happens on the PC version after installing 1.3.0! 🤕

• WiLei
    4 posts

@yazx_

Thanks. It's definitely the latest Patch. I have Valhalla on PS4 PRO too, not Updated. Started it today, no problems with the effects. It really happens on the PC version after installing 1.3.0! Will try your solutions later!

Cheers! 👍

• RunaldsBand
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • athens_7
    2 posts

Date: 30/7/2021
    Problem: Mjolnir visual lightning effects stopped working after title update 1.3.1.
    Details: Mjolnir when equipped during gameplay (as well as when viewed for details in the inventory menu) has no lightning visual effects shown.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 413 posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you are missing this effect.

Can I check whether the steps YazX_ provided have helped others also?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • JHandibode
    21 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck no its temporary fix with both suggestions above. Mjolnir loses thunder effect if change to another weapon or do raids. I tested a couple times. You get temporary Thunder effect in game but lose effect in menu and load screen. Do raid or change Mjolnir to another weapon and back effect gone permanently. We worked hard for these high level weapons, its stats and effects should be permanent. If lose effect its nothing but regular hammer with good stats. Fix ubisoft. Patch it.

• WiLei
    4 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck

It always happened at every Game-launch with my latest save after Patch 1.3.0! The fix with Gunnar works! Change the look of the weapon at the smithy, change the look back to regular Mjolnir, the effect is back and everythings fine. Save, restart the game? No effect.

I sailed to Ireland (DLC), saved the game there, restart, no problems! Looks like it has something to do with the first launch after the latest Patch (1.3.0)!? Or the location? I will continue to observe it if it happens again.

Cheers!

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

@ubi-keo Thanks some much!

• TheNorfolkian
    529 posts

@gladi8ordude That’s really weird because I recently found that the visual effect was present after ‘hiding’ the hammer. It looked strange that Eivor had crackling of electricity on his belt with no weapon there.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1578 posts

Hello @WiLei

Thank you for sharing!

Please let us know if you encounter this issue again. From our side, I can see that this issue is still being investigated and we're waiting for more details regarding a permanent solution from the development team.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this!

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    Original poster 57 posts

@yazx_ Hey there,
    I have tried your different steps and think I found what made it work. When I got to number 3 and talked to Hildiran and went to her shop. After I back out of the shop the Lighting effect was back! It seems to only be a hotfix and not a permanent fix as I did some more testing. I found that the lighting effect goes away in the loading screens after doing this. Also found after dying to an enemy everything resets and the lighting effect returns in the loading screen and not in-game. @Ubi-Keo @Ubi-Mark @Ubi-WheelyDuck

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

Sorry for posting here because while I am not having this issue, I would like to add some info. which may probably help the dev. team to investigate this bug/glitch.

1. I play on Xbox One, and received the latest patch 1.3.0 of Sigrblot Festival.
    2. My game does not have any paid DLC or Helix store item, and I have not started the Mastery Challenge quest line except for the meteor strike cutscene.
    3. I have not used transmog on any of my equipment at all.
    4. In such a situation, my Mjolnir hammer properly shows its lightning visual effect in both the loading screen and in game.
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1578 posts

Thank you for the update, @imaginaryruins!

I forwarded it to the development team as well 🙂

From our side, I can see that the development team were able to reproduce this issue and currently they're working on it. Once we have more details to share, we will let everyone know through these forums and the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this!

Official Response
  • Adaysete
    3 posts

mjolnir don’t shine with thunders, It looks like a regular hammer.

Suggested Topics