Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 882 posts

It's been long time since I last played River Raids. I noticed new black axes icons with a ✔, which imply the location was raided.
    But it doesn't add up. First few locations were marked correctly (the first one - Keat's Farm - was marked done already). In the summary it can be seen I raided 8 locations which is somewhat true (maybe it was 9, but one big chest was rations so I don't think it added up).
    And yeah, why are there rations in those chests? It misleading. In the legend the barrel is for cargo.
    Moreover, can you confirm Level Scaling is working here? I was playing on Nightmarish but didn't see any red enemies, only thing I notices the stealth is like nightmare - enemies can spot me from really big distance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ashelsu
    42 posts

@bielik01 Raided locations not showing black axes is a visual glitch. I raided all of river Severn, except for small villages, and only 4 locations were shown with black axes. However, I decided to investigate this and raid Severn again. This time map shown correct icons. It is very confusing, especially when raiding lots of locations.
    Is is said Level Scaling doesn't work in special cases: Mastery Challenges, River Raids, Reda's quests etc.

• bielik01

@ashelsu I know Mastery Challenges have their own difficulty settings, but I couldn't find any info on River Raids, hence this question.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1839 posts

@bielik01 It mentions the level scaling in the patch notes. It says 'Boss encounters and game modes will not be impacted by this as they have their own intended difficulty settings.'

Can you try raiding on the River Exe again and confirm if the issue persists or if it updates like Ashelsu mentioned.

With regards to the rations you collected, have you already purchased everything from Vagn and fully upgraded your Jomsviking Hall? If so you will no longer earn foreign supplies from river raids and you will earn materials instead. You can also collect rations for yourself and your Jomsvking's.

Official Response
  • bielik01

@Ubi-Keo I just entered River Exe Raid second time in a row, the locations I raided before are displaying correctly and the one I just raided (Escanceaster Monastery).

I am getting Foreign Supplies:

I guess it got turned on, because something might be planned for the release of Siege of Paris' River Raids, and yeah, I purchased everything at Vagn's.

• Ashelsu
    42 posts

@ubi-keo I checked other rivers and it is the same story. I made sure that raid is completed correctly (everything looted, all enemies are killed, Eivor said back to the ship). Again, only 4 locations are marked with black axes. But the final raid results correctly say that 8 locations were raided.

• bielik01

@ashelsu I just came across a chest with rations probably, ended raid (in Village of Dumonia), and the location is not blacked out.
    Did you have anything like this in your playthrough? I guess that's the problem here.
    Previously if I had 6 rations I couldn't open such chest (there would be an appropriate message displayed), now I can open it and nothing happens @Ubi-Keo.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1839 posts

@Ashelsu Thanks for the video. Can you return to the River Exe again and confirm if the raid icons update and turn black.

@bielik01 Thanks for the update. Can you provide an example of you opening a chest that should contain rations and also confirm if the raid icons are not blacked out if the last chest opened contains rations.

Official Response
  • Ashelsu
    42 posts

@bielik01 I'm not sure about looting chests with provisions. Sometimes it doesn't let you loot the chest when you already have 6 rations, sometimes it does. Maybe they are added to jomsvikings inventory now. Patch notes say they fixed "Rations not healing the proper amount of health for Jomsviking." Well, at least they don't drop like flies on drengr difficulty anymore.
    One more thing. After raiding river Dee, I also got only 4 black icons, while completing 10 locations. When I raided Dee again, almost all of them were black, as they should. And they were ruined, couldn't raid them. But 2 icons were still red, and I could raid them again, including huge fortress in the end. I don't know what caused this. Maybe there was some enemy that wandered too far or got under textures, this happens sometimes. All I know, raid is officially completed when Eivor says "Off to the ship, we are done here".

• Ashelsu
    42 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ashelsu
    42 posts

@ubi-keo So I raided 10 locations. Raid results said 8 locations. Next time 2 of the locations I raided were still red.

• bielik01

@ubi-keo after my second time in River Exe Raid:

I don't know why it only counted three locations to be raided (maybe because I got Foreign Supplies in only those three locations: Escanceaster Monastery, Small Camp, and Fortress on the Exe).
    Here is the video from Village of Dumonia where I got nothing from the chest (probably it was rations, but I had 6 already).
    And here is the video from Fortress on the Exe. You can see I got Foreign Supplies (only in the first chest, and 60 of them, because of the heavy river defenses), and in the other two iron, leather, some runes, and even some tungsten ingot.

I am left with 640 Foreign Supplies in total from two raids on River Exe, what an odd number...

• Ashelsu
    42 posts

@bielik01 Villages and Farms never give you foreign supplies, only provisions from the big chests and resources from small chests. Some of them only have provision. On River Exe I only bother with Simonsbath, it has 2 small chests with resources.

• bielik01

@Ubi-Keo and here is the video of my third attempt at River Exe (only the last part of it... it took me more than 15 minutes, so I couldn't get it on one video).
    This time Keats Farm was available (red) to raid (completed when I received rations from the chest - turned black), as well as north-eastern Small Camp, and Fortress on the Exe.
    I'm no longer getting Foreign Supplies and that's probably why the latter two don't turn black. And this also may be the reason they were red this time, because I couldn't get Foreign Supplies last time.

• bielik01

I take back the part with rations chest.
    I just got this message:

so that should mean the chest in this video was actually empty.

@Ubi-Keo from my observations, blacking out the locations works until I find such chest. And later locations won't be marked as completed in the current iteration.

In this video can be seen the beginning of my fourth attempt in River Exe Raid. Some locations were reset (because they were completed three iterations ago). I no longer receive Foreign Supplies but the location was marked as complete.
    In the end of that video a strange bug can be seen, where my longship sails away without me.

In the video of my third attempt some bugs may be seen:

• starting 07:48 - Eivor pretending to be dead on the stairs
    • starting 12:16 - no Eivor sounds when he makes any movement
    • starting 13:18 - unability to open unlocked doors
  • Ashelsu
    42 posts

@Ubi-Keo @bielik01
    Now we have another problem. Since we cannot get foreign supplies anymore, because RR map is shown as exausted, there is no way to finish Sigblot festival quest (War Preparations?), where one of conditions is to get some foreign supplies.

• bielik01

@ashelsu that's why I started whole new thread for it.

• bielik01

@ubi-keo today I was doing River Severn... and there's no documentation from me. I'm not doing your job, if I am then pay me. I'm tired even of thinking about bugs.
    This time I stumbled upon empty chests, locations not being marked as complete (then only one was blacked out, and after that it stopped working again), still no Foreign Supplies.
    I'm not even disappointed, I'm just sad... I guess I test better my own code before deployment to production.

• thegardener25
    128 posts

@ashelsu Yeah, it was a bad idea to cancel foreign supplies. I guess we'll have to wait until they add the new RR's, Hopefully we get an update before the Summer's a Bummer Festival ends.

• Hawke0325
    29 posts

@thegardener25 the thing is they canceled this WAY before the festival so they SHOULD have had planned for this s*** they are being real damn lazy and it shows

Suggested Topics