ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 458 posts

Rather than follow the normal meta builds, I kinda pieced this one together on my own, thinking about my particular play style.

All three green pieces are HF, rolled for max 170k armor and max 12% CHD for the attribute. All gear mods are CHD mods between 11-12% or the one CHC at 6% in the chest.

You can see the chest, backpack and holster stats below, and my build stats at bottom. With the Cold Relations I am running almost 54% CHC and 148% CHD, and with the Scorpio 43% and 138%, respectively.

All pieces (including weapons) are fully optimized with the sole exception of the backpack, which is a recent addition (and I ran out of optimization mats). Once it's done I'll have another 1.4% CHC on all weapons and 2M armor.

I am not certain about the Opportunistic talent. It works on shotgun-only kills but the 5 seconds is nearly half over by the time I swap to another weapon. Still, it slays for up-close kills.

I also have fully optimized Lady Death and The Mop to swap out on the two primary weapons. I go back and forth trying to decide which I like better.

Oh, skills are Defender drone and shield, of course. With 0 skill tier both are incredibly weak though...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

You're missing out on the 4-piece bonus from Hunters Fury, which is really useful on smaller landmarks or in a crowd. Try swapping in a HF backpack to increase the radius of the disorient effect.

Oh, skills are Defender drone and shield, of course. With 0 skill tier both are incredibly weak though...

Blue (and yellow) cores count towards your shield tier.

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit Agreed, and I have said backpack already optimized and configured, but I put it together this way around the thought I might get "cornered" by a rogue (which certainly happens a lot), and from what I've seen talents and skills have little use in PvP.

Do you disagree?

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@sock_monkey shields are commonly used in the DZ, and most talents are as useful in there as they are in the LZ. Unbreakable is an exception as the armor % restored is less than in the LZ.

My comment assumed you were more focused on farming landmarks, as per the title.

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit And your assumption was correct. That is my primary interest, and I never go looking for a fight either, but if cornered I do fight back. 🙂

This leads me to make builds that might be described more as "hybrid."

• Oatiecrumble
    447 posts

I myself would go for:

4 x Hunters Fury
    1 x Badger Tuff (Perfect Unbreakable)
    1 x Sokolov (Talent of your choice)

And aim for 1.3m armor rather than 1.9m......If they can take that 1.3m armor down quick then 1.9m armor ain't going to be much harder.

If it's for PVP/PVE then Artificer Hive/Crusader Shield is nice (Technician Spec)

Scorpio and Dark Winter (or Vector with a different talent) is also a nice combo.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@sock_monkey - sorry to say I can't provide any build advice, but I love the snorkel and mask... LMAO! Made me think I should dig out my snorkel and mask next time I go to the supermarket - undoubtedly a good alternative to a surgical mask in the current pandemic 😄

• LateNiteDelight
    988 posts

Why the Improvised Holster instead of a Ceska and it's +10 CHC?

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@virtual-chris

Others beat you to it. March 2020. 😁

Coronavirus: Can we still live sustainably? | Environment| All topics from  climate change to conservation | DW | 06.04.2020

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

@adrian-11 LMAO!

• Sock_Monkey

@Virtual-Chris LOL!

Funny (but true) story: my son had the idea of a background story for my agent where he was vacationing in the Bahamas, snorkeling around the reefs when "the call" came in and his watch turned orange.

Being the ultra-dedicated agent he is, he threw on the shorts and sandals laying on his beach towel and hopped the nearest plane to deploy; too busy to even notice his mask and snorkel is still on, or that he's still clothed in beachwear.

Hence, you'll notice the entire outfit geared to match that idea. 🙂

• Sock_Monkey
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight Because the Improvised Holster has three attributes plus a mod slot. Ceska loses the slot.

In the end, even if I rolled a Ceska the same I'd gain some CHC but lose CHD.

• LateNiteDelight
    988 posts
    @latenitedelight Because the Improvised Holster has three attributes plus a mod slot. Ceska loses the slot.

In the end, even if I rolled a Ceska the same I'd gain some CHC but lose CHD.

😕

Swapping Ceska gives you +10 CHC [brand bonus], and you drop the CHC Mod [put the Holster CD mod on the Chest]. You now have the same CD, but with +4CHC.

Plus, if you cared more about maxing CD, a Grupo piece gives you +15CD [brand bonus] vs the Mod Slot that is capped at +12CD.. so you'd be same CHC, but +3CD.

Regardless, you can always do a quick calc when debating between adding CHC or CD up to the CHC cap - overly general rule of thumb is trying to maintain 1CHC:2CD ratio until you cap CHC.

For example: .54*148 = 79.9, but .60*136 [swapping a CD for CHC] = 81.6 😀

• blueray789
    14 posts

I'd go 4 HF and a couple of red cores, 2 to 4, so you can clear out mobs faster.

Adrenaline Rush and Intimidate are other viable talents.

Lots of options.

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight Thanks for the tips. Maybe my "process" is outdated, but I think I am still carrying over ideas from the days of Div 1, where I'd try to get a "sweet spot" for CHC between 45 - 55 (pretty good for high-RPM weapons), then maxing CHD as high as you can from there.

I get the math you're saying, but my thinking (in-game) is that a lower 40% CHC with super-high CHD (say 180%, for example) would be preferable to the 1:2 you're describing. That's an extreme example just to make a point, but I am sure you get my drift.

Not sure if my thinking is way off or not...

• Sock_Monkey

@blueray789 After several folks telling me same I did swap in HF backpack, so now I have 4-pc HF set bonus.

I do like the stagger it gives, but it seems very, very short-lived in the DZ. The NPCs only seem to falter a second or two, which makes me think DZ normalization affects set bonuses also.

• LateNiteDelight
    988 posts

@sock_monkey 1:2 was an overgeneralization .. probably closer to 1:2.5? I could probably figure out an exact ratio if I felt so inclined - but I always just do two quick calcs when deciding between which to boost next.

.40*180 = 72
    .46*168 = 77
    .52*156 = 81
    .58*144 = 83.5
    .60*142 = 85

• WalkinTarget1
    31 posts

The issue with a hybrid build in the DZ is you are sacrificing something to try and deal with both the landmark enemies and the occasional rogue, and you will not win out against a rogue as a hybrid. You either accept your fate or change to another DZ (where more rogues await). Best to expect the worst, get what you can out of the DZ, and toughen your skin against the eventual insults hurled your way after a rogue downs you. I have a fair amount of DZ time invested, and I solo it with the rare rogue encounter, but I guarantee they will not find me an easy target.

I use a 1/0/5 skills 'squad of 3' build to power through DZ LMs, but I maintain several 'rogue avoidance' builds as well, including a 4pc System Corruption using the named Nightwatcher mask, with a shield and scanner pulse to see anyone out to 105m that is heading my way. Comes in very handy at extraction time since I can pulse every 9s with that mask.

Suggested Topics