Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

Not sure where to post on the forums so let me know if I'm in the wrong section.

While playing games using Ubisoft Connect (so far the AC Chronicle games anyway), the game loses keyboard/input focus after just under 5 minutes from original boot up.
    Using Windows Focus Logger the focus seems to go to 'explorer'. This persists even after shutting down the game before it occurs, and it will just take away focus from what ever I'm doing instead.

This only happens with games on Ubisoft Connect though, games from Steam don't have this problem.

Anyone know whats going on and how to stop this? Tried google and most I see is to 'uninstall the offending program' which is not an option with 'explorer'.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Redbeard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 10 posts

Hey @MegaDarkKebab

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you confirm if running the Ubisoft Connect client and any games affected with admin rights?

A guide to doing this can be found here.

Official Response
  • MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-redbeard I've just tried setting 'UbisoftConnect' 'UbisoftGameLauncher' and 'UbisoftGameLauncher64' to run as admin, I have been unable to find an actual executable file of the games in their installation folders so can't set those aswell. With 'UbisoftGameLauncher' set to run as admin the games just don't boot up at all, I get their loading screen but nothing happens almost as if its waiting for a UAC prompt which never shows (turning off such pompts also did not help), not even after several minutes (the circle bottom right does move but that is all that happens).

After turning run as admin on 'UbisoftGameLauncher' off again, the games boot up, but the focus loss still persists after just short of 5 minutes since boot up.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 343 posts

@megadarkkebab Thanks for this update. Are you only receiving this issue when trying to launch old/legacy games of ours? Or is it also happening in recent games?

Official Response
  • MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubikoreanbbq I'm not sure what is considered Legacy or more recent, but I don't buy a lot of games on the Ubisoft store front.
    I'll show a screenshot of my full game list and you can tell me if I have a non-legacy game to try.

(Uploading it as a single file was too large)
    Last time I played games when it was still Uplay I had no issues at all.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 310 posts

@megadarkkebab Thanks for the screenshots showing your current library. Most of those games would be considered legacy titles, but would you try launching Watch Dogs 2 and seeing if the issue persists with that one?

Official Response
  • MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubistorm I've just downloaded and tested Watchdogs 2, and the loss of focus does not seem to happen with this game. I also tested this with Prince of Persia the Sands of Time the other day, and there it also does not happen. So far it's only happened on all 3 Assassins Creed Chronicle games.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

Hey @megadarkkebab
    Out of curiosity, does this happen with Assassin's Creed 1?

Official Response
  • MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-ginge Just tested Assassins Creed and again no loss of focus detected. I understand trying to pinpoint which games do and which games don't have this problem but I'm not planning on downloading my complete library for the sake of checking 😅

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 343 posts

@megadarkkebab No worries! We were not going to ask you to do that. We wanted to see if the issue was occurring on an older game as well as the newer game. Since it seems to be only the Assassin's Creed Chronicles games giving this issue, it's already helping pinpoint. Can you let me know what modes you're launching the games as: Windowed, Windowed Borderless, Fullscreen?

Official Response
  • MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubikoreanbbq Since I'm 1 screen only I always go for 'Fullscreen', the games them self don't seem to have a borderless fullscreen option in settings anyway. The other tested games were proper Fullscreen too for as far as I know.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 310 posts

@megadarkkebab Thanks for confirming that for us. At this point, I recommend grabbing your MsInfo and DxDiag files and submitting them via a ticket on our Support Site. This way, we can get a better look at your system and continue to pinpoint what exactly can be causing this issue.

Official Response
  • MegaDarkKebab
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubistorm I'm trying to post a support ticket but as soon as I select a category after selecting the game, the option 'submit case' disapears and only the unavailable chat remains which at this time is not selectable. With no 'available' times listed and no 'other support method' availabe I can't seem to post a ticket.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

Hey @megadarkkebab 🙂
    I've set up a case on your account on your behalf.
    Can you log in to our support site and upload the files to your case. Your case number is 15131464

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics