Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• yamo26000
    1 posts

I just wanted to chime in and say that issues similar to these are why I did not buy Valhalla. After I finished Odyssey, it felt clear to me that Ubisoft has no intention of catering to those, like me, who actually really enjoy stealth mechanics in games. Yes, the mechanic is still there, but, in Odyssey at least, it just felt like it was more effort than it was worth.

• Isaac02444
    Original poster 11 posts

@Ubi-WheelyDuck @UbiStorm sorry to pester you, did anyone in support get a chance to have a look at this? 😊

• JBonUpla
    2 posts
  • Isaac02444
    Original poster 11 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer @Ubi-WheelyDuck @UbiStorm Apologies for the spam (and for also dragging you into it Borealis, Woofer, I've just seen you guys quite active around the player support section and hoping the more people invovled the better!), but has anyone had a chance to look at this, or at least forward it to the developers to look into?

I'm afraid I'm probably going to be a pain and keep chasing this every few days as there are a lot of people who agree, see this post on reddit and ignoring the problem will only cause friction in the community. Any feedback or update would be appreciated, we all just want to make the game better, because this definitely cannot be the way it's intended to work!

• laurens2207
    1 posts

Great work on both videos. I dont have Valhalla yet, but am doubting if I should buy the game. I have been reading all the comments on reddit for a couple of weeks now and I dont see any commitment to improve stealth from Ubisoft.

I had a blast with Origins and Odyssey, 100% completed everything and even the DLC. Really excited about diving into Valhalla, but these stealth issues cause me to doubt whether Valhalla will give me enjoyment like the other games.

Posting this comment to support the players who bought the game and are showing their concerns, but also to give a voice to people like me who are having serious doubts if they should buy the game.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@isaac02444 We'll all make a storm about it together. I've tried in the past to get these stealth issues addressed, and have suggested keeping our cloaks up in combat and it hardly seemed to get addressed. We as a community need to keep pushing.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4185 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for the tag, @Isaac02444! I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to share their feedback and suggestions regarding the stealth mechanics in-game. I'd like to assure you all that we have already forwarded the reports that have been shared with us regarding high enemy detection, keeping hoods on during combat and being able to use the hidden blade to perform double assassinations, amongst other suggestions to the stealth mechanics. I've forwarded the additional feedback that you have all shared within this thread so far about the issues as well.

I've also passed on the videos that @Isaac02444 & @JBonUpla have shared within this thread as well for the development team to take a look at. If you would like to share videos of your own experience, please feel free to post these within the forums and we will endure to pass these along to the development team for further investigation.

Any changes or updates made to the stealth mechanics will be shared within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so I recommend checking this place out regularly for the most up-to-date information. In the meantime, please feel welcome to continue sharing your thoughts and feedback regarding the stealth mechanics within the forums.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Isaac02444
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-borealis this is great news, thanks so much for keeping us updated!

Will the development team comment on them at all, even if they don't have any plans to change the mechanics themselves? I think people would just like to know whether the current iteration really is how it's intended to work. At least then we could try and work with them, rather than writing them off as bugs all together.

Thanks a lot! 😊

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks so much for confirming that these issues and suggestions have been passed along. I can't tell you how good it feels to be heard and please know that we appreciate everything you folks do. I really do hope it makes a difference.

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @Isaac02444 & @jmalkin177!

Please note that the development team don't post within the forums. Any changes or updates to the game will be communicated in the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, or on our official website in Dev Blogs. There are also some times when we may deliver statements from the development team on their behalf. Rest assured, any plans to change the stealth mechanics will be communicated within the forums.

You are also welcome to reach out to us at any time if you do have any further questions or concerns, whether this is about the stealth mechanics or any other feature of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • IceKingof74
    10 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck We should get a refund if these stealth issues are not resolved. The stealth in this game is completely broken

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @IceKingof74!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble with stealth in-game. Would you be able to provide us with some more information about the issues you've personally experienced? I'm aware the development team is currently investigating quite a few reports to do with the stealth mechanics in-game. If we can collect more information about the trouble you've encountered, we can collect some additional information to forward to the development team for the use in the ongoing investigations.

If you have any videos that demonstrate the issues you've encountered whilst in stealth, these will also be helpful for further investigation and we can pass them along to the development team for a closer look. I'd recommend uploading the videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • veico_cm
    27 posts

@ubi-borealis everyone pretty much has the same issues and a video detailing most of them has already been posted in this thread

What good will posting more do? Beyond stalling for time and frustrating the playerbase of course. There have been zero updates on this issue and it has not even made it on the known issues list, would you please just tell us if anything is being done about this? Don't tell us "the devs are investigating", it's a yes or no question, will this be fixed?

Suggested Topics