Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 214 posts

As the titles says...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xJdKxZomBiE
    8 posts

Honestly, I've always been a fan of high fire rate weapons, but hated how this game franchise has this propensity to equate high rof with [censored] poor damage, as though the .45 caliber round fired by the Vector and UMP are any different.

I've found the MP5 to be a reasonable middle ground.

• qapnugget
    61 posts

But if I had to choose a middle ground then Sig MPX. Has highest optimal range of all SMGs. It has worst reload time, so I have fast hands talent on it.

• LateNiteDelight
    237 posts

Banshee
    M1928
    Vector 9mm Tac
    Vector .45
    MPX

I'd probably flip a coin between the Banshee or the MPX if we're not counting named items, because the low RPM of the M1928 doesn't jive with my playstyle. Otherwise it's the Dark Winter.

• Sock_Monkey

Yeah, I have an god-rolled 1928 and it does major damage, but it's so slow in it's firing rate.

I like my Cold Relations a lot, but it too has a somewhat slow firing rate, so I had an Mp5 that dropped god rolled, but put Fast Hands on to it to see if I like it better or not.

We shall see...

• N3mB0t
    216 posts

MPX , safety distance named variant , the SMG that turns into an AR after the first kill.

• Imagine_Brata
    115 posts

MP7 with optimist is my favorite, and it has fast reload speed (1.7 sec) compared to MPX (2.2-2.3)

• Sock_Monkey

Any thoughts on The Apartment?

It seems a clever homage to my favorite SMG in Div 1: The House exotic. The talents are similar as well.

I have one but have not yet optimized it. I am trying to decide if I like it enough to "spend" the mats on it.

• N3mB0t
    216 posts

@sock_monkey

between the apartment or the safety distance , and i tryed both extensevely , the safety distance wins hands down , same weapon with the same damage but measured is a bad talent , on the other hand the safety distance talent is great . IMO

• Adrian-11
    474 posts

Thanks to this discussion I managed to somewhat reconcile my fondness of ARs and the strengths of HF for CQB.
    So, now I'm running a build with 4 pieces HF (including backpack), Sokolov or Grupo chest with Obliterate, and Coyote's Mask.
    MPX Safety Distance, and Scorpio (or Tsunami) for backup.

• Sock_Monkey

I have multiples I keep flipping back and forth between, unable to decide what I like better.

My most recent test bed: back to 3-pc HF, all rolled for max armor and CHD, an optimized Ridgeway's chest, and a Sokolov backpack (I think that's the one with primary set bonus of +15% CHD) that has max weapon damage, CHC and CHD, and I rolled Wicked onto it.

At 1.3M armor it's a little squishier, and I don't have the backup from Unbreakable either, but it's interesting getting the bleed going everywhere and the 18% weapon bonus from Wicked as a result.

Still not sure which SMG is ideal for this set though...

• Adrian-11
    474 posts

@sock_monkey

My set is all red, and relying on Kill Armor & Health buffs for survivability. Oh, shield and fixer drone.
    It's all about speed and TTK.

Nice combo Ridgeway and Wicked to restore armor.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 Try defender drone too and see if you like it more or less than fixer drone.

• LateNiteDelight
    237 posts

@n3mb0t Safety Distance is my second favorite named SMG, ++

• Imagine_Brata
    115 posts

@sock_monkey Yes i like The apartment

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight

Safety Distance is my second favorite named SMG

I think I deconstructed all of mine, so would have to wait for another drop.

• Imagine_Brata
    115 posts
    • @sock_monkey any weapon with sadist talent (Deal +20% weapon damage to bleeding enemies. After 4 kills, applies bleed to the next enemy you hit.) as u already get bleed from the chest
  • Sock_Monkey

@imagine_brata Dang, I should have thought of that. I think this build with Ridgeway is too new, which is probably why it didn't occur to me. I could try rolling sadist on the MP5 I am trying out now.

So Sadist should stack on top of Wicked appropriately?

• Imagine_Brata
    115 posts
  • WrecK3rr
    16 posts

@sock_monkey My personal favourites. The Apartment (PVP) & Dark Winter (PVE).

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics