Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 283 posts

@badkarmacreepin So my guess is you say it has the highest sustained because of quick reload times?

• TxDieselKid
    150 posts

In order:

1. Dark Winter
    2. Vector (non-named version obviously)
    3. MPX (non-named version)
    4. Banshee (again, non-named version)
  • badkarmacreepin
    25 posts

@sock_monkey good mix of both, but the bDPS is pretty high. Not Vector high, but good. I also am almost exclusively pvp since I've got my builds sorted.

• Sock_Monkey

@badkarmacreepin How do you mod your Banshee?

I have one and the +20 rounds is nice, but too long to reload. The +10% CHD is powerful, but too small a clip.

Right now I am trying the +10 rounds, one other +CHC and all the rest +CHD.

• LateNiteDelight
    458 posts

That extra CD will give you better bDPS, but worse sDPS. You're only saving yourself .2s on the reload [or .1s if you use the 5%WH Scope]

+20 is the way, if you favor sDPS [not everyone does].

• unknown_merc44
    2 posts

MPX, hands down. Bothered to farm and optimize multiple versions for both of my max level characters. Tried the other SMGs and they are okay but have more obvious downsides compared to the MPX.

• TxDieselKid
    150 posts

@unknown_merc44 MPX is about the closest SMG to an AR as there is in the game. It's a underrated gun I think. Too bad the 2 named versions are such trash.

• Sock_Monkey

@txdieselkid Can the MPX be crafted? I don't have one and don't see the blueprint either.

• Sock_Monkey

@sock_monkey Looks like I never cashed in the MPX reward, so I did, but it's a blue one. Totally useless to me.

I deconstructed, but is there something else I need to do to get the blueprint?

• badkarmacreepin
    25 posts

@sock_monkey Not a Banshee, an MPX, specifically The Apartment. 2x CHD mods, 1x CHC mod, and the +20 mag. Works the best to nuke players and NPCs alike.

• Imagine_Brata
    173 posts

@adrian-11 because it does good damage . upper half 819k lower half 1,224k

• tcarlisle2012
    118 posts

For me, the Sig MPX is the most effective SMG. When I first worked up my HF/Memento/shield build, I used that while waiting for a banshee to drop. While the numbers on the banshee should make it a superior SMG, that isn't what I experienced. Likewise with Dark Winter -- and that was a big let down given as how rare it is outside of the DZ.

Now, what might have caused that is that the sig MPX I was using happened to drop with the "In Sync" talent, so every time I deploy the shield I get a big weapon damage buff.

When I made this determination about effectiveness of these 3 weapons for me, that was back when the Summit launched and before it was nerfed, and you had to do floors on legendary and with directives. It was really not even close, as the banshee and dark winter SMGs juts couldn't get me through that.

But these days, I don't even use an SMG anymore and use Scorpio, and that is a lot more powerful.

• ArcherIXI
    8 posts

I run a shotgun/SMG build for DPS in dark hours LFG's with firewall, Glass Cannon and Versatile, focused into CHD/CHC

My SMG of choice for that build is the Cold Relations. Perfectly Strained is awesome and with the large magazine and slower rate of fire, that gun hits like a truck.

• Sock_Monkey

@archerixi I like Cold Relations a LOT myself. I think it's one of the most underrated guns in the game, and does indeed hit like a truck. People complain that Perfectly Strained only gets you high stacks near the end of the clip, but the simple "trick" is to not count on it for your CHD. My Cold Relations build has 60% CHC and 158% CHD right off the bat - and it only goes up from there as my Perfectly Strained stacks (to over 200%? - not sure if the game has an upper limit).

My only caveat with that statement is if you get caught by a rogue (human) player the slow RPM tends to be a bit of a hindrance, which is why I've been trying to get something that fires a little quicker.

• rickgold1981
    3 posts

Unpopular opnion here but i prefere safety distance.

• Adrian-11
    695 posts

@rickgold1981

Me too.

• ArcherIXI
    8 posts

@sock_monkey

High CHD builds are some of my favorites (I don't dabble in PVP. Never cared for Divisions take on it). There is no cap on CHD, so with some builds you can get to absurdly high numbers. I have a build to max out the Backfire safely, which is well into the 400's for CHD once the bonus tops out.

• N3mB0t
    295 posts

@archerixi

ninja knee pads im guessing?

• Sock_Monkey

@n3mb0t Ninja kneepads are "da bomb" for long reload-rate weapons. I have a survival build that's 4-pcs of True Patriot, crazy-high armor and healer seeker. To compensate for the mostly-blue setup I have a rifle and Sweet Dreams shotgun, which are absurdly powerful but of course take forever to reload - especially Sweet Dreams.

Enter the Ninja kneepads. Just stay in cover, or if running vault over something, and presto! Fully reloaded! 🙂

• LateNiteDelight
    458 posts

@rickgold1981 you should probably read the beginning of the thread, where myself and others ranked it #1 or at least top 5 😁

Suggested Topics