Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MstrTarvos
    Original poster 116 posts

I posted this in the AC player support, but thought I would try here also.

I logged into ACV on my Xbox Series X today and everything was fine until I reached the Title screen, then nothing. I tried to use the sticks to move the cursor to the continue button and nothing happened. I tried both sticks repeatedly, tried every button and the triggers, but nothing happened. I have tried restarting the console (the controller works fine everywhere else on the console), switching to a different controller, and restarting the game several times all to no effect.

I am providing a link to a video to show what happened below -

realmoftarvos.org/Ubisoft/Controllernotworking.mp4

I really hope this is fixed before the festival begins tomorrow.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• luisHer46
    1 posts

@mstrtarvos same problem here. So we need to wait or re download the game?

• MstrTarvos

@luisher46 I have no clue I have tried reinstalling the game, making sure the console and controller are up to date, multiple power cycles, tried different controllers and nothing works. I have tired every thing they have sent me to try and no result. The only thing I have been able to do is use a different profile on the console, but that one is way behind where my main is. Let me know if you hear anything new. BTW when did yours start?

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 922 posts

Hey folks! My apologies for the issues you both have been running into in Valhalla.

@MstrTarvos I am going to use this thread as the main one and move this back over to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla channels. From your last message, you mentioned using another profile. Do the controls work in-game when using another Xbox account or do you receive the same results?

@luisHer46 Is this also happening for you on Xbox Series X or another platform?

For both of you, did this start around the 1.3.0 update or before?

Official Response
  • MstrTarvos

@ubi-smash On the 2nd profile everything works fine. I have also tried the main profile in other games and it works normally so I would say it's something with ACV. Mine started on Wednesday. I had been on Tuesday after the update went live and everything was fine. FYI I have a support ticket on this also #15098965.

• MstrTarvos

@ubi-smash I have a question for you, all of the character progression is backed up on your servers right? If this is right then what would happen if I deleted the saved data for this profile in this game?

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 922 posts

@MstrTarvos I appreciate you sharing your support ticket. I have ensured that this has been reported to our team so they can further review this behavior and also added this is only happening on your primary account. As for player progression, while playing online, this will allow you to store your progression to the Cloud storage, please note this is not meant to be used as a permanent backup solution for your save games. At this time, to prevent losing any save data in the process, I would refrain from deleting any save data on your console. In the meantime, this has been shared with our team along with your Cloud save for their research moving forward. While I don't have any further information to provide at this given moment, please keep an eye out on our public channels along with our page here for further news and announcements. However, I am extremely sorry for the difficulties this causes progression in your main campaign, and thank you for bearing with us as our team continues to look over this.

Official Response
  • MstrTarvos

@ubi-smash I do appreciate everything that you and the folks there are doing to try and take care of this. I won't try deleting the save file, I just want to get back to playing my main character. The only other thing I can add to what I have already said is that shortly before I logged out on Tuesday night I had set the level scaling to nightmarish. I don't know if it means anyth8ing but it's all I have for now.

I'm sorry if it seems I'm being pushy. BTW can you give me any idea if this is a widespread issue or just the 2 of us that have posted here?

• MstrTarvos

Does anyone have any idea if there is any progress on solving this issue? I just really want to have my main character to do the new DLC content with.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 426 posts

@mstrtarvos I do apologize for the frustration that this issue is causing! I can see that your ticket is escalated to the appropriate team so that it can be investigated. Rest assured, this is being looked into. I do recommend keeping an eye out on that ticket for any updates, however!

Official Response
  • KopfSmertZz
    71 posts

@mstrtarvos Maybe you can try the solution I found for my issue with the Xbox controller, see this topic.

Short version : "I booted Valhalla and on the Title screen with "Press A to start" I just hard rebooted the Xbox by keeping the power button pressed. Once rebooted I started Valhalla and behold, joy and happiness, it is working again!"

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @KopfSmertZz,

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Can anyone else confirm if this solution worked for you, by any chance? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • MstrTarvos

@ubi-mark I tried several variations of this and had no luck at all. So the problem still exists.

• KopfSmertZz
    71 posts

Also, you do get into and past the title screen, that is the screen before you get into the main menu. Have you tried, on the title screen to switch users with Y-button and start a new game as another user? If that works you at least know your hardware is functioning properly

• MstrTarvos

@kopfsmertzz I can get to the main menu, but that's where I get stuck.

• MstrTarvos

As of 11:30 a.m. toady August 6th, 2021 I now have no access to the game at all. I was logged in yesterday on my secondary profile, but when I tried to log in today I get the same result as the main profile. Just to clarify everything goes fine until you reach the main menu, then the cursor just sits there and no amount of any button/joystick movement will get it to move. So now it’s happening on both profiles. I have checked and it is happening on both of my controllers (which had fully charged batteries when I checked). I do not have this problem in other games, so I am sure it’s not the hardware. With only 6 days until the DLC drops I would really like to be able to get back to the game I love.

• MstrTarvos

So I still can't get into either of my profiles on ACV. As previously shown in this thread I have tried everything that has been suggested to fix this and have yet to find a solution.

So at this point here's where I stand-

10 days since losing primary access to ACV
    3 days since losing all access to ACV
    3 days until The Siege of Paris DLC drops and no hope of being able to get to it.

• KopfSmertZz
    71 posts

@mstrtarvos Try what I suggested before. Start Valhalla, but do NOT press A in the title screen (the one with the big Valhalla logo). In this title screen hard-stop your Series X by keeping the power button pressed until it shuts down. Reboot your Xbox if it does not on its own, start Valhalla and try to continue from here. If this did not work then do the same from the main menu screen where you controller is not recognized; hard-stop, reboot etc.

My theory is that somehow/sometimes the Xbox seems to forget what controller was connected and is waiting for input from a controller that is not connected, like it is waiting for input from "player 2" which is not there. This information is stored somewhere in a memory table. The hard-stop is to hopefully clear that information to reset it to the controller connected afterwards. If this does not work either you can try a factory reset of your Xbox, but that is up to you of course.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 609 posts

Hey guys!

Thank you for this suggestion @KopfSmertZz !

Have you yet been able to give this a try @MstrTarvos ?

Official Response
  • MstrTarvos

@ubi-theberry Yes I have tried it on both profiles and still no access. So nothing has changed I still can't get into the game.

So at this point here's where I stand-

11 days since losing primary access to ACV
    4 days since losing all access to ACV
    2 days until The Siege of Paris DLC drops and no hope of being able to get to it.

Suggested Topics