ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OlmerGrey
    Original poster 63 posts

Yep, they did it again.
    Even after half year of constant reports that resizing some (all) of weapons looks absolutely ridiculous. 
    Previously mostly hammers suffered from this problem, now we got THIS...

I mean, in hand short sword looks perfectly fine, not too big, not too small (which is rare for this game), but as soon as we put it in the sheath (which are invisible of course) - here we go again, short sword magically turn into baby toy the size of a standard dagger/seax. WHY?

Don't know how you guys are feeling about it but I'm very disappointed and this whole long-awaited sword-update is ruined.
    If you sharing this feeling with me, I would suggest to raise a petition or something, so that Ubisoft consider the possibility of correcting this nonsense decision...
    but situation seems almost hopeless at this point 😞

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@olmergrey Seems like a legit complaint. Tbh, I am more bothered that I take it to my master blacksmith, spend my precious ingots on it, and its still chipped and filthy. Doesn't Eivor know proper blade care?!

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1524 posts

Hey folks!

I completely understand the annoyance this causes when trying to view the weapon sheathed versus in-hand. Our team has been made aware of this and is still investigating moving forward. I don't have further information to say at this time, however, but please know we will keep everyone posted in our news and announcements once we have any further updates.

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    554 posts

The sword looks like a toy weapon...

It isnt enogh that it looks like a broken useles weapon...it also has to look like a toy when sheated. Also why the hell didnt Ubisoft made a proper animation where Eivor puts the sword back with his right hand to his left side. They just reused the beard-axe animation. I am currently playing Nioh 2 and that game had amazing unsheat animations. Earlier AC titles also had those animations but now we just can press the attack or block button and the weapon suddenly appears in Eivors hand.

• pesto.
    261 posts

What? Eivor is just happy to see you…

Suggested Topics