Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TK105
    Original poster 24 posts

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2336251-Boring-Yam-Error-Code

Boring-Yam. Your company has taken no action and continues to ignore this error problem.
    Do you know how many days have passed since the online mode was implemented?
    Users are giving feedback on error reports, but no results have been achieved no matter how many months have passed.
    I have to say that your company is incompetent.

UBI, please send this thread an estimate of future workarounds, plans, and patch releases to resolve this issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Redbeard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 10 posts

@tk105 - thanks for creating a thread for this issue on our new discussions.

While this issue is under investigation, could you please verify your game files via the Ubisoft Connect client?

Please let me know if this helps.

Official Response
  • TK105
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-redbeard Well, such a rudimentary thing has already been tried since the online mode was released.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2336251-Boring-Yam-Error-CodeBoring-Yam
    Read all the replies in this past thread. You're giving such a misguided reply because you haven't read them.

UBI, please send this thread an estimate of future workarounds, plans, and patch releases to resolve this issue.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 918 posts

Hey @tk105, I'm extremely sorry to hear the steps @Ubi-Redbeard previously provided did not help remedy this issue. Please know that we have received similar reports of players receiving the error code have been able to resolve this by verifying the game files for Watch Dogs Legion. To help gather some further information for our team to further review moving forward, could you please answer the following:

• Can you connect to the online mode using the account but on a different connection (Wifi, hotspot, hardwire connection)?
    • Does rebooting both the router and modem result in the same error message?
    • Have the BattleEye files been altered in any way?

Official Response
  • TK105
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-smash I haven't solved it yet, but when will it be fixed? Can't you fix it?

The three types of trial proposals have already been verified. I have been complaining about the same thing for more than half a year because it has not been resolved.
    All the users who have this trouble cannot solve it no matter what they do.
    It's not a user issue. There is a high possibility that the cause is an abnormality in the program on the server side or client data side, or an abnormality on the Ubisoft Connect side. Everyone has reported many times. 

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2336251-Boring-Yam-Error-CodeBoring-Yam
    Please read and speak through all comments from the beginning to the end of this thread.
    Please be sure to read all the comments. Please read everything up to the last comment.

Take immediate action on this error.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 609 posts

Hello @TK105

Thank you for getting back to us.

As noted previously by Redbeard, this issue, along with the thread you've linked have already been raised to the team, however it proved difficult for them to reproduce.

For us to be able to efficiently assist, we kindly ask you attempt / confirm the steps we suggest to you as it's important information for us to note.

Could you please confirm;

• That you've attempted connecting using a: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Mobile Hotspot connection?
    • You've rebooted the router, modem and PC?
    • Have the BattlEye files for the game been altered in any way (including being moved)

Thank you.

Official Response
  • TK105
    Original poster 24 posts

Q. That you've attempted connecting using a: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Mobile Hotspot connection?
    A. I haven't used any of them.

Rather, I changed the Wifi settings of Windows to on and tried it in Watch Dogs legion Online mode, but the same error always occurs in about 30 seconds.Occurs with 100% probability.
    It is the same even if Wi-fi etc. are turned off again. The error always occurs in about 30 seconds.
    As you know, if you get an error, you will always be forced back to the Watch Dogs legion top menu screen. You cannot play in online mode. You can barely play for about 30 seconds.

Q. You've rebooted the router, modem and PC?
    A. It's hard to understand why such a proposal is coming out now, but of course I'm trying it. This is one of the basics of troubleshooting in online games.
    Even if I try all such basic things, it doesn't help, so I've been giving feedback like this for 7 months, 8 months, and 10 months ago.
    Many reports of similar errors have been posted on SNS such as Twitter and YouTube. It's not just my own problem, it's happening in countries other than Japanese.
    Support staff who cannot solve this trouble error. How many other bugs and fatal problems does the development team have? There are a huge number of problems that have not been solved. 

Q. Have the BattlEye files for the game been altered in any way (including being moved)
    A. I haven't tried anything other than what the users suggested on the previous forums before the relocation. 
    Uninstall the game. Confirm that the installed directory folder has been deleted. I installed the game again.
    How many times have you tried this? I've tried countless times.In other words, Watch Dogs Legion's Battl Eye is left as the default, and the game starts in its original state.
    Even so, the same error is displayed in about 30 seconds, and the menu screen is forcibly returned.
    Of course, I also tried re-installing BattlEye using Uninstall_BattlEye.bat and Install_BattlEye.bat without moving the directory at all, but that doesn't work.
    This result is not surprising, as the error is occurring in the default state.
    Your suggestions from the support team are completely meaningless. Does not solve.

* The image when I was checking if it was solved in the previous version.

I have made the latest update as of now.I get the same error when I launch the game with the latest version.
    The incidence is 100%.I tried many times, started it, and confirmed it. It hasn't improved at all.

"Error Code - Boring-Yam"
    What exactly is this error?

If all the developers who made this game "do not know the cause", I think the only alternative is to change the process after this error occurs so that it does not return to the menu screen and switch to another behavior.

There are several other UBI games that use BattlEye, but I only use one PC to play various games.
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands.
    You will never be returned to the startup screen in about 30 seconds after logging in to them.
    This is an error problem only for Watch Dogs Legion. why?
    Wouldn't it be a problem if you had a problem with the program design of the Watch Dogs Legion development team, that is, the engineer employees didn't have the ability to find bugs or anomalies?
    It should have been released with almost no debug confirmation, operation confirmation, and almost before the release.

Don't you forget how it was released without discovering the unusual problem that auto-save did not work properly immediately after its release and the play data that was played for hours was wiped to the beginning every time?
    This WatchDogs Legion started with an unprecedented incomplete product release.
    After all, auto save did not work properly, and the development team implemented a save button. 
    It took more than half a year to solve the save problem, didn't it?

How will you deal with this error problem this time? 
    How many months have passed since feedback on this error began in previous forums? 9 months? Left for 10 months?

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 609 posts

Thank you for getting back to us with this @tk105 and sorry for our delay in getting back to you!

As a first point, you note you have not yet attempted any other connections, may we please know why? As this is an important step in helping us rule out an issue with the connection being used.

If you could please also try;

• Connecting to Online using your account but a different connection (such as via a Mobile Hotspot)
    • If possible have another account try to connect to Online using your affected Wi-Fi connection

We appreciate not being able to connect is very frustrating but please understand we need to exhaust all possibilities of it being something local causing the issue for us to be able to effectively investigate further.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • TK105
    Original poster 24 posts

The environment on this side is general, nothing special is done, and there is no particular problem on the PC terminal side.
    I have more than 100 online games on UBI, other online games, and Steam, but I have never had such an error.
    Only Watch Dogs Legion has such an anomaly that it is forced to return to the start screen.

It is nonsense to ask the user's environment for problems.
    As with all support teams in each of the other UBI game forums, most of your support teams prioritize problems with the user's environment.
    Regarding the matter that is obvious that there is a problem on the program data side of the game, the idea of doubting the environment on the user side will need to be changed.

As I have told you many times, please change the behavior after detecting as "Error Code --Boring-Yam" to another behavior. Redesign to continue gameplay instead of returning to the start screen. Or eliminate the "Error Code --Boring-Yam" error itself. 
    Please openly request and instruct the development staff and program engineers.

It's not a dimensional problem that can be solved between the support team and the user.
    The fact that an error occurs only in this game, while no error occurs in other games, is proof that it is a design mistake of an error programming engineer.
    Regarding this matter, the programmer who designed it needs to improve and fix it and release a patch. Problems that programmers and engineers deal with.
    Hundreds of people other than me are waiting for this error to improve. For a long period of time, for several months.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 481 posts

@tk105 Hello there.

Thank you for following up from our previous response.

This issue is one that the game team have been made aware of. The QA team have requested that all possible troubleshooting has been carried out to ensure there are as few variables as possible between player reports.

If you could confirm if you have;

• Connecting to Online using your account but a different connection (such as via a Mobile Hotspot)
    • If possible have another account try to connect to Online using your affected Wi-Fi connection

As commented by Ubi-TheBerry.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We aim to ensure our reporting is as accurate as possible, and understand that these steps take time.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics