ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AustinTheWitch
    Original poster 5 posts

I took a break when they stated they'll be rerunning the old seasons. Is/has there been official info on any new content being added/created?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@auztinito nope, and it doesn't sound like they'll be saying anything for awhile:

Given what happened with Codename Nightmare, that's probably for the best.

• AustinTheWitch
    Original poster 5 posts

@dagrommit Ooof. Well. I have other games to grind so I'm in no hurry.

• Imagine_Brata
    499 posts

No hurry for me. Has been busy with Outriders 355 hours so far

• Merphee
    71 posts

Given the amount of time and silence, my money is on a map expansion. Probably expanding north, given an in-game map marking the location for a settlement currently not in the game.

• AustinTheWitch
    Original poster 5 posts

@merphee If it is, I hope to see less forests/swamps/muddy areas and more urban area with verticality and alleys.

• AustinTheWitch
    Original poster 5 posts

@imagine_brata Same. I've been enjoying Fortnite, Fallout 76, and FFXIV with Mass Effect LE on the side for myself.

• T0NY.HAYABUSA
    6 posts

I just jumped back into TD2 a week ago. Took a long break from it. I'll play here and there and perhaps fully optimize my gear sets even though it won't matter most likely. Still have 20 exotic caches and a ton of others as well. Been playing and finishing up Wildlands 100% and now I am playing The Ascent.

• Peter8uk
    103 posts

Reinstalled Battlefield 4 in anticipation of the next one coming out in October.

I forgot how insane Rush mode really is and a huge display of team work eager to win at any cost ignoring their KDs.

I would want to hear more about Division Heartland

i.e.

Persistent gear earned and can be used. Diversity is what made Division 2 what it is.
    Clan function
    Team sizes i.e. 4
    Strictly PvPvE only or can opt for PvP or PvE exclusively. Probably not as it would split match making too much.
    etc

• xcel30
    789 posts

@merphee At this point new map expansion for me it's already too much to expect i feel, i expect a weird not survival mode and few exotics and mostly bugfixes and thats it, not even big balance changes for PVE or PVP

• F.i.x.e.r
    46 posts

Might not be everone's cup of tea, but I have picked up Destiny 2 again. I have to say that Bungie knows how to run a video game, just so much to do and constant content developement.

There must be a lot of players that are attracted to that particular genre, because "any" content that requires matchmaking is met with almost an instant full group and you almost never end up doing public events solo.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

Destiny 2 is not a perfect game, but it showcases pretty well what a long-term content roadmap can do for the player base, successfully (arguably).
    Just imagine what The Division could have been with such a roadmap and support... which makes it so disappointing when you look at how Ubi treated TD2 for almost one year. It does feel like an abandoned game, while Ubi is chasing the next Fortnite-ish greedy fever, forgoing all this potential.

As for the next update/DLC... rumor has it it will be just another manhunt/season, few new exotics, new gear-sets and pieces... and a "new" game mode, whatever that means. This from sources close to Ubi, but could be also a pile of BS.

• HonestlyOK1986
    177 posts

@f-i-x-e-r ive really tried to like destiny 2 but the grind is juat too much, the levelling system just takes forever to do, the drops are pretty much entirely random so if you're after specific pieces you're a bit knackered. Im sure they've added in some ways of getting stuff but the missions and quests etc are very time consuming and not very self explanatory. Im sures a ton of youtube clips on how to do what when but its a lot of research then for something that hasnt massively gripped me off the bat in the first place. The pvp is also an absolute shambles so thr end game grind for me seems a bit pointless.

Obviously millions play it an enjoy it etc, its just not a game for me.

• Peter8uk
    103 posts

I would say to all just follow Division 2 twitter. If anything going to hear it there first and would be official announcement.

I can see people putting on pressure to get new content but chasing developers won't get it any faster.

The ground hog day effect burning people out and good to take a break to play other games. New Far Cry and Battlefield around the corner to get stuck in with and perhaps last part of the year come back to Division 2 and see if anything new.

Suggested Topics