Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CrazyCatz_Black
    Original poster 12 posts

OK, gang, I need your help.
    I'm trying to put together an Healer / DPS build.

Here's my first attempt:

THE BUILD
    Specialization: Technician (for the extra Skill Tier)

Mask: Ceska (for the CHC)
    Backpack: Hana-U
    Chest: Fenris (for the AR Damage)
    Gloves: Wyvern (for the Skill Damage)
    Holster: Alps Summit (for the Repair Skills)
    Kneepads: Fox's Prayer

Talents: Combined Arms + Spotter

Primary Weapon: Carbine 7 + Reformaion
    Secondary Weapon: M1A CQB + Reformation

Skills: Assaut Turret + Restorer Hive

THE STATS
    Skill Tier: 6
    CHC (Carbine 7): 58,4%
    CHD (Carbine 7): 105%
    Repair Skill (on mods and attributes): 100%

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    371 posts

Alright, that sounds like a nice project. So here are my thoughts:

Are you aiming for a "healer / DPS" build or a "healer / skill DPS" build? Because currently it seems to me that you kind of want to incorporate both – which I personally wouldn't recommend. I'd focus on one source of damage only.

In our clan we often run several different versions of what we call a "Damage Healer", a DPS build with good heals. Here are some ideas from out approaches:

• some builds use the Future Initiative Gear Set, Alps backpack (usually with Safeguard), and varying vests (sometimes FI and then Fox's Prayer, sometimes Ceska with Obliterate) with 4 red and 2 yellow attributes...
    • ...others rely solely on the healing power of aforementioned Alps backpack, with Repair Skills rolled to it and some Repair Skills gear mods – and Future Proof as the talent on your primary weapon (usually a 5-0-2 build with the Technician Specialization)
    • the most used skill is the Chem Launcher, as it offers the most flexibility for both healing oneself and helping mates across the battlefield
    • generally: you really don't need 6 Skill Tiers to be able to deliver a decent heal with for example the Chem Launcher – with a rather red'ish build you can build up Skill Tiers with kills by using Future Proof, with the named TDI Kard you also can gain one Skill tier (when equipped), with one piece Alps and some mods and maybe some attributes adding to Repair Skills (around +60% is a useful value)
    • also keep in mind that there are a lot of talents that either boost your healing power (Safeguard!) or skill power in general (Kinetic Momentum) or help mates that received a heal from you (Empathic Resolve)

Yes, just some ideas. I guess when it comes to such builds that are rather a niche, there are only little wrongs and rights which are always necessary to consider. So enjoy theorycrafting and playtesting your builds!

• CrazyCatz_Black
    Original poster 12 posts

@noxious81 Very nice! Thanks for the insights... I'll be changing a lot of things on this build... I'll keep you update!

• CrazyCatz_Black
    Original poster 12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CrazyCatz_Black
    Original poster 12 posts

Up to now:

• Noxious81
    371 posts

901k Ally Repair sounds good. How this build feel for you? Concerning heals and damage? How does it work in a 2/3/4 person group?

Some more thoughts:

Are you usually using cover quite frequently? If yes, you might want to consider the talent Overwatch for your vest. There even is a Fenris vest with the perfect version of it. It grants you and all of your allies 12% more Weapon and Skill Damage after remaining in cover for 10 (perfect: 😎 seconds. This is a very useful support talent.

And I personally always try to have Damage to Targets out of Cover as a third attribute on all of my guns. This attribute is so strong that basically every YouTube-meta-super-killer-DPS-build utilizes the Fox's Prayer – so why shouldn't we go for it as our #1 on our guns as well? The reason I prefer it is simply because the most dangerous targets are the ones rushing at you, standing right in front of you, or flanking you. And guess what – they are usually out of cover when doing so. Additionally, Damage to Armor doesn't help against red bars, dogs, and other heavily armored troops (like BT chunga).

• CrazyCatz_Black
    Original poster 12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CrazyCatz_Black
    Original poster 12 posts

@noxious81
    I just got the Fenris Group AB « Ferocious Calm »!!!
    (Perfect Overwatch version.)
    I'm putting it on the build right now!
    Thanks for the tips!

• Noxious81
    371 posts
    (...) I just got the Fenris Group AB « Ferocious Calm »!!!
    (Perfect Overwatch version.) (...)

Yes, great! Although the perfect version only reduces the time needed until the talent's being activated, those seconds can prove to be very useful.

Suggested Topics