ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xaviermw
    1 posts

@adorablewombat I literally cannot sprint on horseback. I came back after a month or so of not playing and this stupid bug is here. TRIED EVERYTHING to get sprinting while riding to work and what happened to the so called permanent fix!? CMON UBI

• Dan0r73
    1 posts

Hi, so I recently bought the Siege of Paris dlc and i've had lots of areas where my horse is unable to run and only gallop, even when pressing shift or activating follow road.
    This issue gets progressively more annoying when enemies are attacking me and I can't run away.
    Will this be fixed?

• MK_2014
    14 posts

@dan0r73 same happened to me on PS5 .. I feel like it's intended for some reason and yes it's annoying especially when animals or enemies attacking you.

it's like respecting when you go near cities that you have to gallop not sprint or run .. I almost broke the L3 on for my PS5 controller ..

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5788 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still unable to sprint following the release of TU 1.3.1. Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us within this thread.

The investigation into this issue has been reopened and the development team are taking a closer look at what could potentially be causing this issue to persist in-game. If you have encountered this issue in-game, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • Your skill tree, showing if you have unlocked Heidrun Slam or not.
    • That you are unable to sprint using your mount / ship in-game.

I'd recommend uploading these videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then forward these reports to the development team for further investigation.

@adorablewombat & @xaviermw - If you're still unable to sprint in-game, would you be able to provide us with a video with the above information?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • zedug
    1 posts

TU 1.4.1.2 on Win10 here
    Heidrun Slam unlocked (but toggling it makes no difference)

Trouble did start when I installed the Season Pass

Funny how the mount runs for about 5 seconds but then reverts to slow walk

link to screen capture below

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @zedug! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble sprinting in-game. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for including a video. I've now forwarded this to the dedicated teams as part of the ongoing investigation.

If we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will be sure to post these within this thread once they are available. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ManuelEnrico
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hey there!

I am experiencing the same issue for 2 months now, and I am really starting to lose interest in the game - it's very sad that such a stupid bug is responsible for it.

I can't say exactly whether I've had the error since "Heidrun Slam" or whether it started with the start of the Paris expansion - because the error appeared suddenly in Paris. As can be seen in the video, the horse (even without me) can no longer sprint. When I mount and want to sprint, all I hear is Eivor's "prompt" and the puffing horse. Not more. I can sprint normally on foot. Disabling "Heidrun Slam" does not fix the error.

The game and PlayStation 4 are up to date.

I hope that there will be a solution soon, because I can't and don't want to continue playing the game like this.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ManuelEnrico! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that this issue has impacted on your gaming experience.

I've now shared your report and video with the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this as part of the ongoing investigation. I've also specified that this issue first began for you during your adventures in Francia, as this could be useful information for the investigation.

If we require any additional information from your experience, we will contact you within this thread. In the meantime, any updates from the investigation will be posted within this thread once they are available. Additionally, any future updates will also be published in the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Leeevus92
    1 posts

@manuelenrico hey I am playing on PC and had the same issue since Paris. I too tried the previous advice to reset the skill and it still did not work. On a hunch from that I reset all skills and tediously selected all of my skills again. It didn't work inmediately as I was already on my horse but after going on foot a while I called my horse and sprint is now working again.

• Ubi-Ciel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 482 posts

Hey there @Leeevus92 and welcome to the Ubisoft Discussions !

Thank you for sharing this possible solution for this bug on our forum to help other players 😊

Official Response
  • ShastaMknazty
    1 posts

Horses still rarely sprint since Paris update. How is this not fixed yet??? Nearly impossible to finish time sensitive missions without a horse that sprints...

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2194 posts

Hey there @shastamknazty, thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. I understand that it becomes very limiting not being able to sprint on your horse. I have just checked into it from my end and our teams are still hard at work on the issue. We are continually monitoring the issue and as soon as further information can be shared, we will post below and update here.

Official Response
  • St0n022
    1 posts

I have reset the Heidrum Slam Skill and my mount still stops sprinting. The removal of the skill did not work. I see most of these posts are from 2021 are there still others having the same issue?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @St0n022! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when trying to sprint on your mount. The dedicated teams have been notified of this issue still occuring in game following the release of TU 1.3.1, and they're still looking into this further. I've now forwarded your report to the team so it can be used in the reopened investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation at this time. Once we have any new details available, they will be posted within this thread. Any future updates will also be published via patch notes posted within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics