1 posts

my horse is not galloping
    I tried a lot of things it didn't work can you help me

• Azymox
    1 posts

@nadooo I'm having the same issue

• GamingOldDude
    6 posts

@inxcognito After resetting the Heidrun Slam skill my shift key works as normal again, thx.

• jepeman
    11 posts

Suggestion to Ubisoft, actually play/test the game with mouse & KB too.
    You broke the cairn controls earlier and now this.

• beterraba2000
    1 posts
    When I mount the horse and press shift, my horse doesn't run, I have to dismount, run on foot and mount the moving horse for him to run.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports about being unable to accelerate when using your mount / ship after equipping Heidrun Slam. I would like to assure you all that the development team have been notified about this issue occuring in-game, and that they are currently investigating further.

I'm happy to share an update from the investigation with you all! The development team have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this fix will be released. As soon as we have any new information regarding the update, we will let you know within this thread and via patch notes shared in the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, we would recommend resetting or unequipping the ability in your skill tree, as we have had reports that this will allow to sprint as normal. Several players have also confirmed in this thread that this workaround has allowed them to sprint as normal again.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • M3KON
    6 posts

@beterraba2000 There is a bug atm with the Heidrun Slam skill from the new patch which stops mounted sprinting and Power Stroke working on the boats. reset that skill and your horse should sprint normal again.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@m3konI wasnt aware of this new bug. When will ve the day they add something without breaking something else.

• M3KON
    6 posts

@garbo3 With games the size of the games today I seriously doubt there will ever be a time with new games with no bugs, I'm just used to it now.

Today's bugs are not a bug they are a feature 🙂

a few bugs in a game this amazing I can handle that. I hope that Ubisoft implements more RPG elements in future AC games though, such as full character customization.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@m3kon Don't want to go off topic,but this game is a whole bunch of game breaking bugs since launch. And more bugs every time they add something new. Never seen such a thing in my whole gaming life. Untested game,unfinished product. 🙄

Thank you for explaining why horses can't sprint,much appreciated!

• M3KON
    6 posts

@garbo3 tbh there is hardly a game that comes out lately especially AAA games, that don't have these bugs, as I said I just learn to except and live with them, gone are the days when a whole game could release without major bugs, we won't even mention one of the most anticipated games to come out in a long time from CDPR, players can complain and tbh they should otherwise these bugs will never get acknowledged but at the end of the day companies are more in it for profit than the love of gaming today.

• skunny25
    1 posts

@m3kon thank god for that, been painful trying to get anywhere in a hurry lately.. fixed the problem although I was enjoying that ability 😞

• M3KON
    6 posts

@skunny25 Me too, also Charged shot interferes with Stun Finisher in the wolf tree lines. both of which I love to use.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@m3kon Thanks for this too,wasn't aware either.

• MECatalyst
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis I have no problem with the skill and sprinting/galloping, when I am using a controller, only when using a keyboard and mouse.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @MECatalyst

Thank you for sharing this with us! Can you please confirm if you're using custom controls by any chance?

Official Response
  • BloodAngel569
    20 posts

Currently I am not able to accelerate my horse to a fast gallop, lunge while swimming or give the boat a boost.
    The only thing the (same) key does is to enable/disable sprinting while on foot.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bloodangel569 it's a problem related to the new ability from the wolf tree,the one you ram your enemy with your knee,sorry can't remember the name. Just remove that ability and you will be able to sprint horse/boat again.
    Hope they fix this soon as that knee kick is pretty cool.

• BloodAngel569
    20 posts

@garbo3 Thank you.
    Well, at least they fixed sabotaging stuff and setting traps with the last update. I guess I'll have to wait for the next patch then ... or the next one.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bloodangel569 check this thread, it's better explained and tells about another issue related with another ability,and got the names of the abilities you need to reset in order not to get this gameplay issues:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102328/sprint-riding-a-horse/9?lang=en-US
    The abilities that mess the gameplay are "Heidrum slam" and "Charged shot".

Suggested Topics