ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 4 Likes/6 Replies/147 Views
    Yuggle1
    Original poster 3 posts

Recently with the US speed tour update we got some quality of life improvements. Which was great to see. What we got was awesome, especially the Parts Quick Swap. Yet since its so rare that we get these changes theres still alot more needed in game. I could make a whole list, but right now theres just one very minor thing that needs to be changed. Its been a thing for over 2 years now, its been mentioned before and also included on the community player feedback surveys.

And its not even an addition. In fact its the complete opposite. Its the eradication of a completely useless step/screen/menu that is essentially completely unnecessary.

As stated in the title of this topic, the Quality of Life change in question is: Please Remove the Summit Vehicle Selection screen that appears upon restarting a Summit event.

Obviously the screen is needed when you first click on the event and select your vehicle, but after that is literally useless and is backwards game design. The whole point of the Summit is for players to get the best score/time in events. Wether its newer players trying to get into platinum or top players fighting for the best scores, Summit events involve alot of restarting for most players. And theres zero reason why we cant restart immdiately like in regular PVE events outside the summit.

Just to fully simplify what i am asking for: When I restart a Summit Event, it should be exactly the same as a PVE non Summit Event. Retry --> Load Screen --> Event Starts Straight into 3,2,1. There should NOT be a screen asking me to select my vehicle again.

The vehicle selection screen simply shouldnt exist for a number of reasons. Ill go over these reasons now.

1. The Summit Vehicle Selection screen directly conflicts with the way this whole game works and was designed in regards to progression, car upgrades, ect.

What i mean by that is, essentially every single event in this game requires specific parts, aka a specific legendary set and affixes to get the best score. Wether it be NC Pure/Pump for races, Drift sets, Score Sets for MT and AB, Drag Sets, Specific event sets like Muddy or Tricky ect. Any summit event requires a car to have a specific set, or at least parts with desired affixes on it on it. Which is fine. The summit gave us a reason to get all these sets and maximise them to use. Thats ok.

But the fact this is part of the game, and the parts we have on our cars are so very important, completely removes the reason for having a vehicles select screen interupt our gameplay upon restart.

The only thing this screen does is allow us to choose vehicles. We cant swap parts or anything. So why would we want to change to a different vehicle that doesnt have the parts we need on it? On the low chance a player wanted to change vehicles (which is basically NEVER the case regardless, but ill get to that later) , the vehicle they wanted to change to wont have the parts they need on it anyway. So they will have to back out of the Summit to equip them. And then re enter to use a different vehicle. This alone is enough to warrant the removal of this screen.

Theres simply no reason to want to change vehicles purely from a parts perspective. The correct parts and affixes literally make or break your summit score to the point that players with all the sets they need basically dont have to try and can get plat easy. Vs those without the sets struggling even with it being a heck of a lot easier now.

Parts are far too important in this game to warrant having screen to change vehicles and as a result lose those parts.

2. Parts aside, 99% of the time there is zero reason to change vehicle. And doing so would be detrimental.

Simple fact is, no matter what event or discipline it is, one vehicle will be the best. Even if others are close, theres one that the majority will stick to.

Players will select that vehicle (and as said, put all the right parts on it) and that is what they are using.

Its very very unlikely they will elect to change to slower vehicle and want to use this screen to do so.

If for whatever reason they do decide to change, as there are some occasions that multiple vehicles can be useful, they still have to leave the summit, tune it, and swap their parts over. So again, WHY have a screen to select the vehicle, EVERY time we restart the event.

3. Changing vehicle resets players feel for event.

Its not just the fact that swapping to a different car would be likely slower. Also, over time redoing an event players get used to the vehicle, how it handles, the event itself and how to drive it on that event. Swapping to another vehicle would completely reset that and waste alot of time. When we contiunally restart an event we get better an better an learn braking zones, how to take corners, when to use nitro ect. However this is all different for every vehicle. So changing to a new one geta rid of that mental muscle memory. Theres very small reason to do it.

4. Specific Summit Events where its more of an annoyance then others.

Whilst the screen itself is completely useless and annoying as it is, theres two occasions in Summits where its extra frustrating. These are: When the Summit Event Literally has a 1 vehicle restriction so you can only use one car, and Live Extrem Events.

Its common that summit events have vehicle restrictions in place. Which is great. I personally love when this is the case it makes it much more interesting than just using the fastest cars all the time.

Yet even when we literally only have one single choice of vehicle and its impossible to select anything else, we still get a screen asking us to "select" a vehicle when we restart an event. Why?? Whats the point. Even when vehicle swapping is allowed as ive explained theres no reason for it, but when its literally impossible to change vehicle we still have a vehicle select screen. Even when we dont even own the vehicle eg: its given us the Summit Platinum reward to use for the event. We still have the "Select" it every time we restart.

In addition to this we have Live Extreme Events. Which exacerbates the annoyance of this screen significantly. I think having Live Xtreme Events in The Summit is great. Having to master multiple disciplines in 1 race is a great way to push competition. But the fact we have to Reselect all 3 vehicles every time we restart is very frustrating. Again, we arent gonna randomly decide to change vehicles. And it also moves the select to the start of the list every time so even with filters on we still have to move to our car and select it. Its just a very tedious process to do every single time we restart. And its not needed at all. Im 99.5% sure this doesnt happen outside of the Summit and the game simply remembers our vehicles. Why not in Summits?

Long story short. This screen is completely unnessecary. It shouldn't be in the game.

Obviously not everyone will agree with me, despite the fact im confident most players will. I understand there may be some newer players that maybe don't have all the best sets and cars and like to experiment with different vehicles. So if this were ever to get removed i'd obviously be fully satisfied with the OPTION to disable it, for the players (what i beleive to be the minority) that use this screen to change their vehicle.

If you agree with this change please respond below with your thoughts. If you have any other reasons why this screen is a bad thing to have please share. For me it just has zero place. The game is designed in a way that directly conflicts with its existence.

To conclude. To reiterate what i want clearly. Summit events should immedtiately restart if we select retry, and we should not have to select our vehicle every time we do.

I know this was kinda long but i wanted to give proper reason and explain why such a simple thing is quite significant. Thanks.

-Yuggle

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OBu42
    246 posts

@yuggle1

You are addressing some very valid points - but sometimes I like the screen especially if I want to check out which car works on which track, or especially if I want to compare vehicle performances in a deterministic setting (no weather changes, no traffic) which can not be done in the regular mode (which is a major issue of its own). The best solution would be to have both options: Restart and restart with the vehicle change option. I would prefer the same for the regular races.

It should definitely be removed in all cases in which no selection is available, namely the events which have pre-determined vehicles. There the screen should definitely be removed and I would consider it as a usability bug that it exists.

• Anykeyer
    204 posts

This was suggested a lot of times, but most feedback falls on deaf ears, Ivory Tower sure lives to its name.
    Another suggestion I personally support is giving the ability to change vehicles pro settings from this screen.

• streetblazer
    2 posts

@yuggle1 yes great idea

• Trueflights
    2 posts

I actually like having the option to try different vehicles without having to exit out back to the Summit main screen and then reload the event. It's a 2 second click to pick your car and not that big of a deal.

• AdventureFlama
    14 posts

Personally it shouldn't show up when the event requires only one car, because that would be nonsense

Suggested Topics