ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

If you're going in there solo then I'd recommend running a pulse scanner with good duration as it helps keep you informed about your surroundings. The devs decided to give everyone 50 pulse resist for some weird reason so you'll need a build that considers that too. You can break contact at any point in a battle to check your flanks and rear; you should be the one controlling the battle. When going into the DZ PvP is always a possibility regardless of your own personal choices so a DZ build needs to consider that too.

You can hunt them down after if you like. Hell, you can spend how ever long you want making them your sole mission for they day in order that they regret choosing you as a target. Or you can just not go in there.

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 487 posts

@dagrommit

if you're that easily "tweaked" by someone pointing out "the obvious", then definitely don't go in the DZ

LOL, clearly another attempt to tweak me (since I just said otherwise...again). You definitely like to drop little bait traps like my kids sometimes tried to do when they were teenagers, which makes me pretty sure of your age.

One last reply, but then I'm done going around with you.

Let's reverse roles for one second and pretend you wrote the OP and I disagreed. Here's my response:

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. The devs said from the start that the DZ is "high risk for high reward," and in this case the higher number of mats is a high reward, so the risk should be commensurately higher.

See how that works? it's called disagreeing like an adult. I even argued against my own complaint (we can do that in mature debate).

The opposite of that is not disagreeing, it's the derogatory equivalent of "git gud."

P.S. Sheesh, your parents should have taught you this.

• Sock_Monkey

@richardoshea I thought about this. I suck enough in response rate that I tried to build everything towards damage and survivability, but I have accumulated the proper gear, talents, mods,etc. to add a pulse and have been reconsidering" my approach.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@sock_monkey There's a Gila Guard named mask with 100% pulse haste on it that'll let any build have an always up pulse. I think it's called Nightwatcher. Maybe check that out as it can go in most builds and give you a functional pulse.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    LOL, clearly another attempt to tweak me (since I just said otherwise...again).

Nope, it's pointing out "the obvious".

The devs said from the start that the DZ is "high risk for high reward," and in this case the higher number of mats is a high reward, so the risk should be commensurately higher.

This is incorrect. A heroic landmark gives the same amount of FRD as a heroic CP. Instead, the tradeoff is a slightly quicker clear vs the risk of being messed with - as I stated on the first page.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@dagrommit

The clearing is a lot quicker than a CP at level 4 or even 3. Cuts the time in half or less for me.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@adrian-11 sure, it's going to vary for everyone. However, the OP is using a 6 blue build, so I suspect it's taking them a lot longer than you. Doesn't change the reality that the rewards are the same.

• Sock_Monkey
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit

This is incorrect. A heroic landmark gives the same amount of FRD as a heroic CP. Instead,

It was an example - just as I was over-the-top in formality, only to make an example.

Nope, it's pointing out "the obvious".

Sure, which is another way of saying something like "Yes, I called you an idiot, but I am not insulting you, I am just 'pointing out the obvious.'" Trying to justify the action doesn't change what it was.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@sock_monkey the hypocrisy is breathtaking, especially after your comments about age and parenting.

You're obviously new to the DZ (otherwise you'd have used a different example), so stating the obvious is reasonable. Having said that, I don't care if you continue to go in there, despite your experiences - you at least do so with open eyes. It's just amusing to see someone do something they ostensibly dislike, especially when there's no reason to do so. Have fun 🕶

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit

You're obviously new to the DZ

Guess you're pretty poor at judging what is obvious and what is not, since I spent a LOT of time in the Div 1 DZ going back 5 years.

But it's OK. I'll concede that you're at least very consistent in your mischaracterization, misunderstanding (deliberate or not), and misrepresentation of any comments you disagree with, so misjudgement of others does align well (and makes perfect sense).

Have a fabulous weekend!

• Jman0045
    4 posts

@dagrommit it’s “anything goes” until you use a skill or riot foam a chicken dancer and then you get hate mail telling you that you can’t do that. Lol

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey

@jman0045 Yeah, and I guess there is (sometimes) a flip side to it.

It was a strange evening where there seemed to be some rogue activity, but not a lot. Most were farming left and right, while I ran around solo, occasionally joining in on clearing a landmark near(er) the end. No one turned rogue, but even joining in later and helping them finish off I got the mats. This doesn't happen too often so I forgot that you can join late as a friendly and also get mats, even if the other group did most of the work.

Like I said, it seemed strange how there were so many non-grouped agents being friendly, so I played on a little longer than I planned and racked up tons of mats, even from some landmarks I joined nearer the end.

I guess that more than makes up for the solo loss to a sneaky rogue. Maybe I should take the word "stupid" out of the thread title? 🙂

• tcarlisle2012
    181 posts

Ah, the "anything goes" excuse for poor sportsmanship. To be fair, if anything goes, then why do we see so many threads ranting about cheaters in the DZ? Anything goes, right?

Except no, anything doesn't go. Most of us would agree cheating is unacceptable and way over the line. It just happens that too many of us, ganking and what is described by sock monkey, is also way out of line.

If the DZ community would like to see the DZ more active, my suggestion would be to hold yourselves to higher standard. When I used to play GTA Online, my personal rule was that I would never go on the offensive against any other player -- especially lower level players -- but I would not hesitate to go on the offensive once attacked. And 99% of the time, after going after a player that rattled the big dogs cage, they would leave the session.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Ah, the "anything goes" excuse for poor sportsmanship.

The DZ is designed to encourage player interactions - most which are going to be toxic. Getting killed or having loot taken from you generates a desire for revenge in some people. And thus the loop is established. The devs effectively admitted as much on a SOTG (i.e. "why would you disable chat in the DZ") when they enabled VOIP by default. Similarly, the grey rogue mechanic was removed because of complaints about people going in there to "shop" instead of PvP.

To be fair, if anything goes, then why do we see so many threads ranting about cheaters in the DZ? Anything goes, right?

Sure, cheaters are another reason not to go in there. But that's not the OP's complaint.

Instead, it's that he doesn't get the reward if he dies. This is no different than in the LZ. I don't get any FRD if I die (i.e. the civilians doesn't rez me) while taking over a CP. Similarly, I get nothing if I manage to down one rogue NPC, but the other kills me.

• Sock_Monkey

@tcarlisle2012 Unfortunately this is a byproduct of remote connections, where the person at the other end is as anonymous to you as you are to them, so just like on social media they feel the freedom to do or say things they'd never even consider saying to my face. As Mike Tyson was once quoted: "Social media has got y'all used to being disrespectful without getting punched in the face for it."

In some ways it kinda makes me pine for the "old days" in PC gaming, before broadband was prevelant, and we'd pack up our PCs and go to a friend's house and have a LAN party. The young `uns on here probably don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but they guy you were playing against would be in the same room with you, possibly even across the table, so behavior like is common now was unheard of.

Probably been 20+ years since I was last at one of those, and with a 1-Gig connection at home (which is becoming more and more common) I think they'll remain a relic of the past - just like respectful behavior or good sportsmanship.

Too bad anonymity has brought out the worst in human behavior.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@dagrommit

Well, the interactions I saw last night sucked big time.
    Quite a few players, but all "play" was reduced to watching closely the others to see when they hit the Rogue flip button. So we spent most of the time waiting or running into a circle, trying to not have anyone behind us.
    I just don't have the patience or time for that crap.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 Yeah, I sometimes like to hang around for a little bit just to see what happens, but it does get boring fast.

I pinged and asked if you wanted to FT to another DZ and do some farming, but not sure you saw it. I ened up doing it solo, but ran into LOTS of other friendly players, and managed to accumulate so many mats I finished optimizing my (current favorite) DZ build (described in my other thread).

I have a pretty packed day today but may be on much later this evening, if you want to do some DZ farming. Anyone is welcome to join!

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@sock_monkey

Oh, sorry, I didn't see it.

Suggested Topics