Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    647 posts

@adrian-11 sure, and it's another reason to avoid the DZ, especially as a solo player. Having said that, I understand the appeal of not knowing what's going to happen next for many people. Less predictability can be fun. Heck, that's why I like the rogue NPC's (and Hunters in Div 1). You never know when they're going to show up, or what skills they will deploy.

• Adrian-11
    689 posts

@dagrommit

The fact that you are dealing with humans gives a lot of unpredictability.
    Again, and for the last time, the only part that is a turn-off for me is the mechanic of flip-flopping the Rogue status. I would be okay with a longer timer for the status (something >20 min), and making that choice when you enter the DZ (maybe different entry points for Rogues and SHD, to avoid camping).
    Otherwise, we get this circus with the associated clowns.

Hell, Ubi could keep the current mechanic, and create a new DZ mode, and you can play whichever, the same way you can switch some missions (original, invaded, manhunt).

• dagrommit
    647 posts
    Again, and for the last time, the only part that is a turn-off for me is the mechanic of flip-flopping the Rogue status. I would be okay with a longer timer for the status (something >20 min), and making that choice when you enter the DZ (maybe different entry points for Rogues and SHD, to avoid camping).

It might work for you, but it wouldn't address the OP's complaint. It would just result in a near permanent rogue alert in the DZ. Of course, that might discourage people who want to farm from entering, thus turning the DZ into a pure PvP area 😰

• komplikCZ
    1 posts

Kill guys doing nothing first, then kill boss, problem solved.

I really do not like DZ player environment.. mixed PvE with PvP, i fixed it easily, I do not touch DZ except intro missions and few hrs. after Division 2 release to explore area. I missing those parts of maps, those are really nice.

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 282 posts

@adrian-11 I agree, and as I said from the start: I am not opposed to the rogue thing. In fact, the tension from when you call an extraction till you safely get your stuff out is part of the appeal to me. The LZ has nothing that compares to that, and I wouldn't want to change it.

I also get it that people will be people, even more so with zero repercussions, so I don't blame schmucks for turning rogue and shooting me in the back when I am at my most vulnerable. Heck, (and I am NOT bragging here because I am old, slow and suck) but the few times I later caught someone who did that out in the open, and took them on 1v1 fair and square I killed them easily. So, as much as I suck, they clearly suck worse, so I get their motivation for "kicking me when I'm down."

My only beef is with the way the devs (in some ways) rewards the behavior. Not always, but this is a case where they do. I don't think it was intentional, but rather lazy. As I pointed out in another thread I can join clearing a landmark after another player(s) did most of the work, finish off the last few guys and get rewards too - without going rogue. I think so long as you engage the landmark before the last NPC is killed, you get full rewards.

In the case of the schmuck, shooting me in the back to see if I am carrying anything of value is just a bonus.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit They tried pretty hard to make it just that though. They forced us into populated servers just to make us targets; altered the flagging system to advantage going rogue; nerfed anything they were asked to without much thought; Nerfed NPCs because they were too hard for PvPers to handle in addition to shooting you in the back. They even got the weather nerfed in there because by all accounts PvPers lose all ability to aim in any environment other than clear blue skies.

Short of lining us up on a conveyer belt to be used as target practice they have bent over backwards to accommodate that squeeling minority. They just keep squeeling though.

• dagrommit
    647 posts

@richardoshea Huh? I've seen dust storms, fog and rain in the Div 2 DZ - just as I did in the LZ. Similarly, there was no flagging rogue in the original occupied DZ as friendly fire was enabled. If anything, removing friendly fire and requiring flagging benefits farmers.

Regardless, the point is that the DZ is clearly designed to encourage PvP, consensual or otherwise. Complaining about it doesn't change that.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit I've not seen a drop of rain or sand or lightning or anything else really in a long long time and that started after they were in here moaning about the weather and after it was noted as a complaint by devs. Maybe they didn't but I don't see bad weather in there anymore. I don't think it benefits farmers at all and preferred the original way. I don't complain about PvP at all, I just get on with it. I'm usually replying to other people's complaining. Which means I do a lot of replying, naturally.

• dagrommit
    647 posts
    I've not seen a drop of rain or sand or lightning or anything else really in a long long time

I haven't spent much time in there recently, but have definitely seen bad weather in both the DZ and LZ since TU12.

I don't think it benefits farmers at all and preferred the original way.

The non-occupied DZ always required that rogues flag. As does the Div 1 DZ. I'd rather have a warning than start taking damage immediately.

I'm usually replying to other people's complaining. Which means I do a lot of replying, naturally.

I resemble that remark 😉

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit You could very well be right and I could very well be mistaken about the weather. I'll let you know if I see any. The amount of change didn't help though; how flagging happened, build environment etc etc. The way flagging works now doesn't really provide any meaningful notification imho as it's simply toggle and you're off and that action doesn't take long so if caught unaware it amounts to very little. They did some work with ISAC notifications if I recall and I found them to provide a better warning. That's my perspective though and I get that some people like it one way and others another way.

• T.H.U.D.D.
    43 posts

@Sock_Monkey, any time you want to go into the DZ, send me a message and I'll back you up as best I can. I'd be happy to help!

• D-Y-N-4-M-0
    23 posts

I don't know if this has been said because I haven't read the whole thread but my advice would be to farm the landmarks with the Memento backpack. The trophies you pick up from each kill will boost your armour and weapon damage to the point where someone trying to shoot you in the back after you've done all the work shouldn't stand a chance against you.

• Sock_Monkey

@d-y-n-4-m-o Probably not a bad idea, but I'd have to re-think my whole build right now.

Not saying I am opposed to that, but it'll take me a bit of time.

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

@d-y-n-4-m-o Yeah, Memento is a great idea for farming, and I like to leave as many trophy's on the ground in case someone pops up and flags up. I simply run to grab a couple trophy's laying on the ground if I need them, and boom, threat usually eliminated. I do make it a point to get the hell out of there, as most will come back seeking revenge. I generally run the same 3-4 landmarks, and leave trophy's laying on the ground at each for this reason. If I don't actually need the armor from the trophy, I leave it laying there if possible. Often times I don't even pick up the boss loot as I'm just there for XP/resources, etc.

• HonestlyOK1986
    85 posts

Move so you can see the boss and the player and manage the situation.

The end.

• Sock_Monkey

@honestlyok1986 That usually doesn't work when the boss is way in front of you and the player is way behind you.

Don't forget also that most of these conflict areas are narrow alleys or rooms, so it's not like you have the space to go way around the back of the boss - especially considering the times I am talking about you're not usually aware the player is there.

• StuckindaDz
    7 posts
    Move so you can see the boss and the player and manage the situation.

The end.

But every time I see you in the dark zone you just gank someone from behind lol. OP if you see his name he’ll go rogue so just get ready to kill him lol.

• Sock_Monkey

@stuckindadz That's why he says it like it's so simple. 🙂

• StuckindaDz
    7 posts

@sock_monkey Exactly. Clear a dark zone drop and this guy will turn rogue on you as your skills / health are depleted.

I understand your argument and I only play in the dark zone - lost interest in the Light zone a long time ago. I know the risks but I also know the players that won’t gank me in the back the minute they see me.

Suggested Topics