Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 212 posts

So now that I am farming the DZ a lot I've noticed a trend: guys that hide and do nothing while you clear Heroic landmarks, then when you're killing the named boss at the end and are at your most vulnerable (and most distracted) they turn rogue and shoot you in the back, then finish what little is left of the boss.

OK, the kill I don't care about, but what steams me is that after all that "work" you lose all of the rewarded mats, and he gets them for doing next to nothing (but being cowardly).

I realize this is barking at the moon and will change nothing, but whomever made the decision: this is a really, really stupid idea. What were you thinking?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    463 posts

@sock_monkey

I said this many times, this is probably the most frustrating aspect of the DZ (outside cheating).
    The solution at hand is to implement a choice (SHD or Rogue) system when you enter DZ, and stay like that for a longer period of time (>20 min), or until you are down.
    But the moon is a harsh mistress and does not care.

• dagrommit
    417 posts

The dark zone was advertised as a "anything goes" area. Don't want people messing with you? Don't go in there.

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit As I said (and my thread title did too), I don't care about people "messing" with me. It's the fact that you lose the optimization mats as a result.

This has nothing to do with player choice or behavior - it's the devs and devs alone.

• N3mB0t
    216 posts

@sock_monkey

well i also dislike the concept and as so i rarely step inside a DZ , but isnt getting robbed of those materials part of the messing with you? that comes with the "anything goes" song we keep hearing , so if you say you dont mind people messing with you you are also saying you dont mind being robbed, see the contradiction?

• Sock_Monkey

@n3mb0t Apparently the devs agree with you, but my point is that I don't.

It's a conscious decision they made, but I think that part was a poor one.

• Adrian-11
    463 posts

@dagrommit

I don't mind people "messing" with me, but not like that.
    If it's as simple as "everything-goes" then they should call it Everything-Goes Zone, don't even bother with lore, story, etc. Just drop some assets and some loot in there and it's fine. Don't even bother with Rogue status, just shoot who and when you feel like it. It would be the same as this status flip-flopping and no immersion that is the DZ now when people decide to do that dance. It is a poor design decision breaking story and immersion big time.

I don't mind a person who decides to enter the DZ as Rogue and stays Rogue, waits for me in the shadows, ready to pounce and get me, I actually welcome it; but I mind immensely with someone is strolling casually by me and shoots me in the back in the next second.

Now I know that Ubi can do any wrong or mistake by you (there is always a justification), but understand for others some things don't make a lot of sense and good be better (all subjective, of course).

• N3mB0t
    216 posts

@sock_monkey

listen i agree with you , the way it runs in the DZ is just plain stupid , having people win by cooperating in there for the benefit of the whole group without going on ganking inocents like you were ganked would be a win IMO , and i know what you mean , but you cant say you dont mind people messing with you but then be upset because they stole your stuff , its an integral part of the messing if you ask me.

TLDR , if you mind being robbed then you mind getting messed with.

• Virtual-Chris
    341 posts

If you can’t beat em… join em. 😛

I now have a new tactic to try in the DZ LOL.

• Adrian-11
    463 posts

@virtual-chris Hmm, that's an interesting idea...
    Could we change the SHD status when attacked to match the flip-flopper status? That would deny the flop 😀

• xcel30
    234 posts

Nothing you can do or complain thats what people love about the DZ yet i just hate it

• dagrommit
    417 posts

@sock_monkey in which case, don't go in there. Field recon data is available from control points in the LZ, so it's not as if you have to go into the DZ for them.

And yes, clearing a DZ landmark is often quicker, but at the greater risk of failure.

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit Please, there is no need to state the obvious, which is also in this case the "template" response to any and every negative comments about the DZ. "If you don't like it then don't go in there."

We've all heard it a million times, but as paying customers we're also free to express disappointment, concern, whatever you want to call it, about the choices the devs have made.

It's a game. A product. It's not perfect. If you don't agree with my comment you are free to say so, but please stop with the "if you don't like it don't go in there." It reminds me of the old joke where the guy is at his doctor's office, holds his arm over his head and says "Doc, it hurts when I do this. What should I do?"

So his doctor gives him the sage advice of "Stop doing that!"

• dagrommit
    417 posts

@sock_monkey my bad, didn't realize that you wanted an echo chamber.

The reality is that the DZ has been this way since the first game, and was immensely popular amongst the regulars in there. I'm not a big PvP player, but I recognize that much at least.

Still, it's amusing how you ignored the comment about not having to go in there 😑

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit

my bad, didn't realize that you wanted an echo chamber

Is it a reading comprehension issue? Is English not your native language? Or do you just get off trying to "tweak" everyone? Maybe a more pertinent question: how old are you?

Two threads in a row you accuse me of something totally contrary to what I just said, so either it's not registering for you, or you don't care and are looking to put everyone down you don't agree with.

If you have an attitude about conversations in here, I suggest you don't contribute to them. (See, that advice goes both ways).

Meanwhile, the rest of us can converse like adults, agree, disagree or otherwise.

• dagrommit
    417 posts
    Maybe a more pertinent question: how old are you?

Given your evident upset about how the DZ has functioned since the first game, the same question could be asked of you 👀

The reality is that it is not designed for you. That you still choose to go in there, despite there being no reason to is your problem, not the games. I've explained as much multiple times, so do with that knowledge as you will.

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit Sooo, let's see if I am reading you correct: the forums are only for people that think every aspect of the game is perfect. We should only come here to praise the game, and/or (worst case) discuss playing, gear or weapon strategies. Anything and everything else is unacceptable "thinking it should have been designed for me" whining and should be panned, insulted or promptly removed.

Did I read you correct? There's no room for improvement, so suggestions for same are clearly just ranting from sore losers, right?

P.S. You clearly don't know me if you think anything about any video game "upsets" me. LOL! Sometimes I am more "chatty" than other times, but I have way too good of a life to be upset about anything here (read my thread about "Funny DZ story").

• dagrommit
    417 posts
    Sooo, let's see if I am reading you correct: the forums are only for people that think every aspect of the game is perfect. We should only come here to praise the game, and/or (worst case) discuss playing, gear or weapon strategies

*sigh* pointing out the fault in your reasoning (i.e. there is no reason for you to go in there) is not censorship, or defending the game. Neither is highlighting the popularity of the DZ design amongst its regulars.

Not every part of the game is for everyone. Skill builds are not for people who like to go pew pew. Raids are designed for people who want to team up (how successful they are is a separate question). The LZ is designed for solo play or small groups. Conflict is designed for straight up PvP. Similarly, the DZ is evidently not for you.

• Sock_Monkey

@dagrommit

*sigh* pointing out the fault in your reasoning (i.e. there is no reason for you to go in there) is not censorship, or defending the game

Correct, which is why I said (earlier) that "you are welcome to disagree." And you are.

But the template response "if you don't like it then don't go in there" is not pointing out any fault, or even disagreeing. It's a deliberate attempt to dismiss someone (at best), or tweak them (at worst).

I won't speculate your motive...

• dagrommit
    417 posts

@sock_monkey if you're that easily "tweaked" by someone pointing out "the obvious", then definitely don't go in the DZ 😑

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics