Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 572 posts

Now, I know that Striker's Battlegear (SB) is not very popular in TD2 in general and stands in great contrast with what it was in TD1.
    But, I have a bunch of god-rolled pieces and I wanted to give it a go.
    The build is pretty basic (see below). It's made for automatic weapons, but can be used with Rifles or Shotguns (not sure is very good for MMRs).
    This configuration is best for ARs and SMGs. Goes well with Carbine 7 modded for CHC, or any other AR with reasonable accuracy. SMGs for CQB... Dark Winter is a beast.
    I would keep only 3 SB pieces for LMGs (accuracy is not great and you lose lots of SB stacks) and add Contractor's Gloves for that scenario. Imagine Bullet King with +15% handling and ROF, it's fun!
    Speaking of which, this is not meant to be "the best" of anything, just a fun build.
    Let me know what you think.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11

Wow! No love for Striker's?!
    Or is everybody busy fighting over the shortcomings of the DZ mechanic? 😅

• LateNiteDelight
    341 posts

@adrian-11 I always thought about trying it, but always got distracted.. curious to see how you find it in action

• xcel30
    267 posts

i have run similar build in the past, as people mentioned the shortcoming of strikers comes when you actually play it mostly due two things: how fast you lose stacks, server not counting all the hits. I have run few tests by just aiming at the middle of a riker heavy with the ballistic shield the result from point blank aimed fire where his shield was covering the whole reticle went from me getting in between 30-42 stacks in a vector that hold 45 bullets... even with big targets you are not assured to hold a good amount stacks and another issue common is that people overshoot enemies so you will always lose a few stacks by shooting a corpse when using an automatic weapon.

Where i have seen working great is against really big targets (so pretty much heavies and robots) or bosses, get anything to stun them and will you melt them pretty fast, i switch to a gunner spec bulletking striker build whenever i do pentagon missions just because its that useful against the dogs and flying helicopters. Personal suggestion would be to just add a small buff to the 4 piece talent that after a kill you won't lose stacks for the next 5 seconds even if you miss.

• dagrommit
    508 posts
    Or is everybody busy fighting over the shortcomings of the DZ mechanic?

Heh - it's fine to discuss and disagree, so long as it doesn't devolve to questioning someone's upbringing and education 👶

Like @xcel30, I found the stacks fell off too quickly for it to be worthwhile. Admittedly, part of that is my poor aim, so you might do better.

• As1r0nimo
    90 posts

The idea of Striker gear set is NOT to have 90% stacks 100% uptime. But to burst the target.
    My build is similar, i'm using Chameleon. I don't need those stacks, unless i find a named enemy or a Tank. Then i simply burst them down, my stacks go skyhigh in a second. 1035 RPM with 700k+ crits is not a joke.

• Adrian-11

@as1r0nimo

Agree with everything you said.

I tried the build last night and it came with a few surprises.

1. This is not a useful build for medium to long-range play style. Chances are you won't accumulate any meaningful stacks to make a difference due to missed shots or losing stacks in between shots if you take your time to better aim. Without the stacks, the damage is mediocre. It starts with low damage, so not great to deal with reds or lower difficulties. Works very well from short-range, bursting the stronger targets with automatic fire (as noted above).
    2. ARs - surprised to find that high ROFs don't work very well, due to overshot and missed shots on moving targets. Still effective for slow or/and big targets, but there aren't that many of those, so not great on average. Works better with low ROFs, higher damage per shot (AKMs with Strained, for example) from close range, I find these reduce the overshot and missed shots.
    3. SMGs - work even better as long as you use one with reasonable stability/accuracy, and strangely, high ROFs work well here. Dark Winter is awesome. Lower ROFs do well if equipped with a damage-enhancing talent. Take Cold Relations, spells disaster for Chungas and Dogs, elites and yellows caught out of cover at close range.
    4. LMGs - I had high hopes, but LMGs gave me the weakest result, due to lost stacks. Bullet King did very poorly, had to swap it for something else mid-battle. So, a big NO for LMGs with Striker.
    5. The Striker's chest and backpack don't do much. You are better of with other options with better attributes and talents.

All in all, it's not the best, not the worst. Depends on your playstyle. My preferred style, medium to long-range, does not work very well with Striker, no matter the weapon. If you like to play CQB with an SMG, or a hard-hitting AR, this might be a viable option. I meant to try it with Rock n' Roll, but I forgot :))

• LateNiteDelight
    341 posts

I was tempted to try it with a Railsplitter for mid range, then Rock'N'Roll for boss melting - definitely a shorter engagement distance Gearset.

I was also thinking about rolling all my Striker pieces with WH. Figured I'd go Memento on the bag, wasn't sure what chest to run. I'd also have to suck it up and go Crusader Shield most likely.

• As1r0nimo
    90 posts

@latenitedelight For chest - specific piece for your gun with Obliterate for addtional up to 25% total weapon damage.

• LateNiteDelight
    341 posts
    @latenitedelight For chest - specific piece for your gun with Obliterate for addtional up to 25% total weapon damage.

That was my first thought, but I might go Spotter since I'm probably going to favor WH over Crit [or if Strikers boost is strong, then Unbreakable]. Thinking a Fal with In-Sync might be a strong option here.

• Adrian-11

@latenitedelight

Holy! Rock n' Roll is my new favorite toy!
    Put that in a HF build and go to town!

• Noxious81
    305 posts

Especially on consoles I still feel that Striker doesn't really works concerning building up the stacks of the 4pcs bonus.

Buuuuuuut 3pcs with Braced (+ 45% Weapon Handling) is really something that's worth considering. When in a group, add Vigilance for some extra damage. When solo, I'd prefer Composure. Works well with the Bulletking, the Railsplitter, any other AR, or even with the Bighorn.

• TxDieselKid
    146 posts

4pc Striker with Addy Rush/Intimidate is pretty dang strong. I use to use this on the Hunters on floor 100, along with a Rock and Roll and it would rip them apart. Yes, it is very underwhelming in general, but there are times it's still fun to run and an "ok at best" build can be made with it.

• LateNiteDelight
    341 posts
    @latenitedelight

Holy! Rock n' Roll is my new favorite toy!
    Put that in a HF build and go to town!

I also use it on my PfE build, paired with EB 😀

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

@adrian-11

i tryed this sort of shotguns in the past and i was disapointed , sure its fun to hold the trigger and go boom boom boom until the mag ends , but the damage is so low its feels very underwhelming compared to anything else.

and its only "fun" up to hard , even challenging already felt like a chore to kill them with that.

• LateNiteDelight
    341 posts

@n3mb0t My Rock'N'Roll can one mag a Rogue Agent on Heroic with my PfE build if my Memento is stacked. Can one mag a Rogue Agent on Challenging without the stacks. I find the Tsunami fits you're description though - which is why I only use it on my HF Speed Run build.

It has better DPS than the Vector 👩‍🏫

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

@latenitedelight

but isnt the rock roll mag size 30? when you end up that rogue with that one mag where is your mouse ? fallen of the table trying to compensate for the recoil?😁

and yes i do find the tsunami or its normal version type of shotgun much more viable , still i only end up using the 5 mag size ones and one shot everything , HH FTW.

• TxDieselKid
    146 posts

Wish there was still a way to get the Enforcer. Sucks for those of us who missed out and had never even played any Division prior.

• LateNiteDelight
    341 posts

@n3mb0t thanks to PfE, I'm usually face to face unloading, where recoil doesn't matter 👩‍🎤

But I also came to TD2 from R6S, if you want to talk about real recoil management 😵

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

@latenitedelight

i know R6 siege very well , played it as my main for 4 years since launch , stopped playing it end of last year when it got way too noob friendly 🙄

was sick of the overcompetitive sweatness of the PVP games too ,and that is what atracted most in the division , the no pressure feeling where a game is back to being just fun to play.

but i digress , glad you are having fun with that then , i tryed it and thought it took too long to kill anything at the level i usualy play so i stashed it and its been there since then , part of the collection.

Suggested Topics