Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 707 posts

@n3mb0t

Dunno what to tell you man, it just works for me. I can't remember when I played on Hard, my world is set on Heroic with some directives, has been like that for a while.
    Tonight I killed Keener with RnR, in a group of four. Also had a Rogue encounter on the damn boat, and two of them were finished with the same RnR.
    Perhaps we just have very diff expectations. Prefer automatic weapons and this is the only shotgun that I truly like. I know the damage per shot is low compared to most of the others, but... I know and appreciate the damage from the others, I just don't like them (I despise Scorpio, yet I'm glad to have a Scorpio fan in my group, to play the "paralyzer" role).
    And for me the recoil is not that bad when you are face to face.

• Adrian-11

@as1r0nimo

Yep, Chameleon seems to be the best pair for Striker. Also swapped Grupo chest for Fenris (still with Obliterate) and there is a lot of synergy in building up the stacks and damage, quite visible and powerful in dealing with the yellows. I'm still to test it with Unstoppable Force at some point.
    The only issue remaining is the short optimal range, which makes this build a mediocre match for my open world combined with my play style.

• Adrian-11

This is bad, I developed an addiction to higher RoF and handling 😁

I find myself playing Striker 80% of the time. I use a top AR with Killer (sometimes with Steady Handed if there is a lot of open space. i.e. most areas in Tidal Basin), secondary alternating between MPX with Optimist and Dark Winter. 3-pieces Striker, Fenris chest with Obliterate, Memento and 1 Grupo.
    On the face of it, it's not the most effective build, BUT when hits are coming quicker due to higher RoF and more accurate due to Handling, Killer (+40% CHD) combines with Obliterate and CHD from Grupo, and this WIPES everything. All I need is to make sure CHC is close to 60%.

It does not have the synergy of HF +Adrenaline + Intimidate, but it's still a lot of fun (at least for me).

• TxDieselKid
    155 posts
    It does not have the synergy of HF +Adrenaline + Intimidate, but it's still a lot of fun (at least for me).

4pc Striker + Memento + Intimidate is pretty dang tough man. May want to give it a shot.

• TxDieselKid
    155 posts

+ Dark Winter....
    Forgot that.

• Adrian-11

@txdieselkid

I did and still do swap that Grupo for a 4th Striker piece, mostly for the missions. But you lose those stacks quite fast in less predictable situations.
    I just find the permanent 15% CHD and the 3rd red attribute more useful and stable than the Striker's stacks.

• Virtual-Chris
    653 posts

@adrian-11

I will try this out. I tried a Strikers build earlier this week for use with Pestilence and was underwhelmed. Regular brand gear focused on weapon damage and handling was best - and works very well with the Vector as well. I was surprised that weapon handling could actually do so well in TTK vs CHC/CHD. The benefit of getting more shots on target should not be underestimated.

When you use a gear set, you’re giving up 8 attributes (4 brand and 4 more on the gear) so the gear set better offer some dang good benefits.

• Adrian-11

@virtual-chris

I had hopes for Striker + LMGs too, but it turned out to be very ineffective with any LMG.

ARs and SMGs with Killer + Obliterate seems to be the best combo for damage for my play style.

And yes, I agree, Handling definitely gets you more shots on the target, which translates directly in more weapon damage and more CHD... and the extra RoF delivers them faster.
    Slap an ACOG on a good AR with Steady Handed, and you have a long range, fast, laser beam, if you prefer to keep the distance.

With gear sets there is always a trade off, that's why I find Striker 3-piece + 1 Grupo most effective for me. Permanent 15 CHD Grupo brand + third attribute more than make up for the 4-piece Striker's stacks that can only reach 25% WD max (unlikely because they get lost so fast)

• N3mB0t
    296 posts

@adrian-11

try the named MG5 "sleipner" ,after reload from empty you can discharge 100 bullets with above 1000 RPM and 30%+ aditional WD in 5 seconds , it melts anything in front of you.

with 3 piece striker of course , and the weapon can only be crafted .

• LateNiteDelight
    479 posts

@virtual-chris ROF is huge! It's why the normal AUG sucks so hard, because the Invisible Hand's ROF boost pushes it up equal to the Eagle Bearer for DPS. It just has crappier weapon handling and lacks Tenacity + the 60 round mag.

Guess I'm trying to put together a Striker's build tonight if the clan isn't running an Incursion...

• LateNiteDelight
    479 posts

@n3mb0t Frenzy is highly underrated. Only reason I shy away from it, is my long standing behavior of reloading before empty outside of sustained fights. Great for Chunga parties or Hunter's though.

Well, that and my addiction to other weapons..

• Adrian-11

@n3mb0t

Thanks, I will give a try. I have somewhere, got the blueprint from Gunner spec and crafted it.

Btw and off topic - would Jammer Pulse work to remove Basilisk's armor? Just thinking of the other day Legendary experiment...

@LateNiteDelight - I have a similar issue, reloading after almost every kill or burst from cover.

• N3mB0t
    296 posts

@adrian-11

yes it would , but it would take too long , you are better off running that mission on hard kitting him and using the xplosive seeker until it breaks all the armour , or any explosives for the matter , explosive damage always gets divided by the armour (heavies health) plates equaly.

btw if you are on later . ill teach you a new trick 😉

• x0NEMANARMYx
    16 posts

@adrian-11 I run this exact build all the time. I also wanted to see if I could kind of make a true Stiker set and Rolled Armor regen on all the pieces. 4 striker, Momento and 1 Belstone. Its fun fun for sure. You can definitely run and gun through heroic. I rolled 3 of them with armor so 4 total with the momento. Not the best but not bad if you use showstopper and keep those stacks up

• Adrian-11

@n3mb0t

I'll be in around 9pm est.
    Very curious about the new trick 😳

• Adrian-11

@x0nemanarmyx

I have two blues plus Memento, and I'm thinking to drop to one, but not for run and gun, rather for medium range.

• N3mB0t
    296 posts

@adrian-11

i only had sucess running striker as a cover build , 6 reds , i mean the increase in ROF and handling cries cover gear set , i think people are too stuck on the DIV1 striker which was a run and gun one and dont realize this was done to be the exact oposite , same as all other famous items from 1 that got carried into 2.

• Adrian-11

@n3mb0t

I still mourn the LVOA-C. 😢

• x0NEMANARMYx
    16 posts

@adrian-11 You should try a famas with measured on it. Its a lot of fun.

• Adrian-11

@x0nemanarmyx Just got one, I will surely try it.

Other than that, my Striker met the BT last night and it did well.

Suggested Topics