Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

@adrian-11 RIP my LWM4 with Deadly, Destructive, and Ferocious as the free talent.

• x0NEMANARMYx
    16 posts

@adrian-11 Man how I wish they would still have the LVOA-C. Even if it was not the best in the game. Still miss that and the Light weight M4. The way they did the the gear, attributes and talents in Div 2 is just not the same. Building your agent is just so bland now.

• LateNiteDelight
    454 posts
    @adrian-11 The way they did the the gear, attributes and talents in Div 2 is just not the same. Building your agent is just so bland now.

As someone who spent an hour working on Div1 builds yesterday, after finally getting some Skulls, I couldn't disagree more that Div1 had better builds. They're child's play compared to Div2 as far as viable options and permutations go. Boring and uninspired are the first two words that come to mind.

We now have the Famas, CTAR, and F2000 to replace the M4 & Lvoa-C. The only thing I miss is being able to have >60 round mag.

• x0NEMANARMYx
    16 posts

@latenitedelight you really think div 2 has better variety of builds? then div 1? I want whatever you're smoking

• LateNiteDelight
    454 posts

@x0nemanarmyx 100%

The Div1 HE Gear talents are worthless for the most part. The weapon talents have only a handful that are worth using. Plus they gate those talents, which I abhor. There are only a couple of attributes that have any real impact on the game.

The sponge is so bad, you're essentially pigeon holed into a handful of viable options. My Div1 spreadsheet has 12 builds [most of those are Gearsets]. My Div2 spreadsheet has 48.

The only thing I miss is Damage to Elites, and being able to have more Damage to Armor.

• xcel30
    330 posts

@x0nemanarmyx Dic 1 build variety became Classifieds>>>>> everything else, there is pretty much just competitive classified gear sets as good builds (people don't even touch most exotic armor in that game). Div 2 actually lets people mix and match thigns a bit better since brands give a boost overall to high end gear compared to the first game and gear sets are a bit weakers in div 2 but some are still viable and very competitive

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 692 posts

@latenitedelight

For me D1 carries a lot of nostalgia (hence some bias), yet I think that subjectively there are a few aspects that D1 did better: atmosphere and environment, Underground, Survival, DZ, hunters implementation. For anything else , D2 is the superior game by far, including the gear and weapons design which has much more logic in it in terms of matching and synergies. D1 only had a bunch of talents that were mostly stats in disguise, not the mention the gating.

Now, specific to LVOA-C, my complaint is biased again, because I know and I like the LVOA-C in the real world, and the implementation in D1 had same semblance of the real world thing. Making it stupid (i.e. semi only) in D2... I did not appreciate that, and I don't understand why make such a move. And it's not just LVOA-C, they are all over the place... Take Carbine 7, that is based on BraceBuilt MC7, which is a precision semi rifle. Basically, they inversed the attributes for no good reason. I can go one by one and get very annoyed in the process 😬
    Bullpups you mentioned... not that good in real life, FAMAS was discontinued years ago because was so bad.
    Not sure why we even have a full range of "rifles" (read semi only) when people only use M1A, Baker's or CQB variants, the rest just don't exist (except for one or two named that work well with very specific builds). Too bad for SIG 712 (CQB variant I like a lot) has such a puny damage. Actually the new SIG716i variant has been recognized as the best AR-10 rifle for the year 2020 by some knowledgeable people.

I'm also bugged by guns with snakes on them, or WW2 era SMGs. I rather see some modern weapons based on prototype guns in testing or development these days, especially for exotics.

Oh well, it's a fantasy game, so you can make up anything, even if it's silly and unwarranted like that.

• xcel30
    330 posts

@adrian-11 Correct me if i am wrong but the devs did mention that LVOA-C was turned into semi auto since it was based actually on the civilian version of it, same with Lightweight M4 so that mistery is solved in that front, but yeah i find the C7 a weird choice considering it uses a slighty bigger and heavier ammunition as a test for better performance in an AR plataform, similarly the lack of more burst fire weapons in the rifle category when some others are possible of that such as the UMP that has an unique 2 round burst that could be fun to play around with but we are stuck with only M16.

But for exotics they are mixed bags, weird weapons make for good exotics such as the Big Horn being also an AUG but very different from the regular one that drops, and Div 1 did go later that route with having unique weapons being exotics, such as showstopper being the only AA-12 in that game, House the only MPX, Urban MDR as.... Urban MDR, Big alejandro an MG3 and so on... Here it feels a bit mixed up and i think they should go back to making exotics both unique weapons AND have their crazy talent

• LateNiteDelight
    454 posts

@adrian-11 I learned long ago to never try to 1:1 real world guns and video game guns, otherwise I'm just getting annoyed for no good reason - you should see the Breakpoint forum if you really want to jump into gunsmith nitpickers. I can understand why the category jump from Div1 to Div2 annoys many though.

As for Rifles - I use the UrbanMDR more than any other rifle. They nerfed the M1A Classic to the middle of the pack with 10.1. The ACR SS, LWM4, M1A QCB, and Lvoa-C are all as good or better than it as an all around rifle - the Artists Tool is also great. There are still builds where the M1A remains the best option, but you're no longer disadvantaging yourself by using other rifles.

• Virtual-Chris
    627 posts
    I learned long ago to never try to 1:1 real world guns and video game guns, otherwise I'm just getting annoyed for no good reason - you should see the Breakpoint forum if you really want to jump into gunsmith nitpickers.

Ha! Yeah, don’t get me started. There are so many oddities with the guns and optics and mods. It’s best to just look at them as abstract entities in this game.

I use the LVOA and 716 CQB (Artists Tool) because they are not bad performers and the the best looking rifles. I detest guns from ages past especially in a game as high-tech as this, so don’t use the M1A even though it’s among the best.

It’s a shame the real-world LVOA is no longer being made (I believe Warsport is out of business now) although it was a controversial firearm. Some say it was an over priced Gucci gun, but you can’t argue it was ugly. 🙂

• Adrian-11

@virtual-chris

War Sport was acquired by ZRODelta, which continue to sell something labeled "LVOA" with the same wire mesh handguard, but not sure the rest is the same, seems like a bastardized version for the sake of looks. At least now is half of the original price.
    And yes, LVOAC was a good AR15, but the only special thing about it was that nice looking handguard, while asking for double or triple the price of a similar class AR15. Also a bit on the heavy side. There were better AR15s out there at lower prices. There was a high premium on the looks.
    As for automatic vs semi only... that's a long and complex discussion on gun control, and ain't going that rabbit hole.
    No matter what tho, the original LVOA-C is becoming a bit of a collector's item, especially the automatic ones.

Back to the game... I do play LVOA-C and SIG 716 CQB too on lower difficulties (for the looks 😁) , but they struggle on Heroic compared to other options. Somehow, older guns are more powerful than the modern ones, which doesn't make sense.

• LateNiteDelight
    454 posts

@adrian-11 The M1A Classic is more an MMR with Crit Damage. It's pretty close to the SVD besides that distinction, plus it's categorization that allows it to work with the Crusader Shield.

They should move it over to be lumped with the SVD, G28, and MK-20.

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

@latenitedelight the classic M1A gives an additional benefit to wearing Foxes though, so I don't disagree with moving it to the MMR class for reasons you mentioned, but would rather it stay for that fact alone.

RIP my LWM4 with Deadly, Destructive, and Ferocious as the free talent.

I would even take it without the normal "AR DTH" secondary or third Attribute, just those 3 talents on the gun would make me happy with the 60 round mag, the CQBSS scope, and of course I think it needs the red rail grip, ...cause nostalgia. 😉

• LateNiteDelight
    454 posts

@txdieselkid Swap Deadly for Brutal or Sustained, and then you're talking 👊

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the return of some limited Damage to Elites or ability to have higher Damage to Armor ..

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

@latenitedelight As a console guy, I prefer Deadly over Brutal, or Predatory over Sustained. But yeah, I miss my LWM4.

• LateNiteDelight
    454 posts

@txdieselkid I refuse to reach the gate for Predatory, hence Sustained [because I also refuse to hit the gate for Ferocious, so it is mandatory for 3rd slot] 😬

But yeah, I'm sure my preference for Brutal is related to being on PC..

• TxDieselKid
    149 posts

@latenitedelight 6K Stam on Striker was what I used to run Lego's since they hit so hard. I did 9K FA Striker, and mannnn..... That hit bit I couldn't stay up in things like Resistance, or Lego's.

Only reason I mentioned Fercious, was the pure damage numbers, and no gate to hit in D2!!! #thankgod!!

• LurchUSA
    4 posts
    Like @xcel30, I found the stacks fell off too quickly for it to be worthwhile. Admittedly, part of that is my poor aim, so you might do better.

If the Devs just dropped that loose 2 stacks on miss, Strikers would go from one of the worst to the absolute BEST gear set for DPS.

• N3mB0t
    295 posts
    Like @xcel30, I found the stacks fell off too quickly for it to be worthwhile. Admittedly, part of that is my poor aim, so you might do better.

If the Devs just dropped that loose 2 stacks on miss, Strikers would go from one of the worst to the absolute BEST gear set for DPS.

while they would be at it also make the backfire stacks decay with time after ten seconds instead of plain be gone and we would have one hell of a run and gun build!

• Adrian-11

@lurchusa

Hey, hey now... it's not the worst! 😁

Suggested Topics