ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SthreeP
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello, Hi! Been playing Watch Dogs Legion for almost 40 hours and really loving the experience but there has been a snag that honestly been getting on my nerves. it's regarding save file that's keep missing for two or three times now. I was wondering if there's a any way to back up the save file myself manually.

Why not use cloud saving?
    Well, on my first playthrough I played something like 7 hours of the game on offline mode since I don't have cable internet yet and is still using mobile data. I need to reserve my data usage, but then one time ubisoft connect requires me to log in again before playing. I was like, sure, I'll log in. punch in the ID and password and then, when I got back into the game, it loads older save file maybe from the cloud. so thats annoying, I disabled the cloud saving feature shortly after

but now my progress would just gone without any back up and It's been happening again twice both marking in 9 and 11 hours mark. one time I roll a good operative and it really stings that my progress is just gone without me knowing anything about it.

I am not sure if there's any patch or fix for this and honestly I'm not patient enough to just leave the problem unattended while waiting for a patch that would or would not work, all I ask is can I back up my own save manually, where that save file is located, and if manually backing up save would work or not.

thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 432 posts

@sthreep Hey,

I am sorry to hear that you've been encountering issues with your save. Can you confirm when your last progress loss was and how much progress was lost?

Have you opened a ticket on our website for this?

Official Response
  • SthreeP
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-swaggins it's today. happened after ubisoft connect updated I believe. not sure if that what's caused it though.
    I haven't opened a ticket to this, don't know how how or even know that's a thing to be honest

I think I lost like 9hours of progress. story wise I haven't really gone anywhere I just play to recruit people

• Shifter-2
    15 posts

To backup your save files on PC you need to copy the files located in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames[user ID]\3353

There will be some sub folders there which you can ignore, as well as 1 to 4 files called:

"1.Save" (ignore this, it is the file used for saving real time data)

"2.Save" (this is the save file for the first/top slot in the save menu)

"3.Save" (this is the save file for the second/middle slot)

"4.Save" (this is the save file for the third/bottom slot)

After backing up those files, if you want to reload an old save file, replace the file (e.g. 2.Save with 2.Save) then select Load Game from the title screen (in this example load the top slot for 2.Save).

I started backing up my save files every couple of days, more frequently if I'm recording content ever since one of my save files became corrupted a few months ago... and I am glad I did because another save file became corrupted recently and if I hadn't backed them up I would have seriously given up playing the game altogether.

• SthreeP
    Original poster 3 posts

@shifter-2

oh bless you
    I will play the game again and start backing up my saves

Suggested Topics