Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

One of my biggest critiques of the game were raids. In particular, it seemed boring and managing your crew/hiring other players Vikings seemed pointless.

I am pleasantly surprised to see River Raiding enjoyable- I'm having to think carefully about each raid tactically, protect my crew, and keep an eye on how many rations I have to save my Raiders. What's more, with the changes to scaling- I have it on constant- The raids felt progressively harder to the point where I felt challenged towards the end. Just a few pikemen are kicking my Raiding parties [censored], and it's got me thinking how to progress while also leveling up my raiders.

Just some minor things that would help:

Raiding for foreign supplies isn't fun, particularly when you know all you're going to get out of it is a tattoo, haircut, or some sort of ship cosmetic. Raiding needs to be about FINDING GEAR. Loot!!! The good stuff!!!! I realize that Valhalla has scaled back loot significantly from Odyssey, but the excitiment as a viking raiding villages, pillaging and looting is taken away when you realize all you're going to get is... foreign suppies. For cosmetic crap. Not exciting!

River defenses: I like the idea of enemies setting up traps on the river, particularly when the meter has gone up to full red and the defenders are on high alert. Unfortunately it never feels very challenging. You might have a couple guys shooting bows, but it's so easy to pick them off. You'd think at that high alert, the English would be setting up full on ambushes. There are skills for boat combat in particular and I feel as if they are never needed.

Overall though, THANK YOU for improving Raiding. It's much more interesting trying to keep your Vikings alive and thinking about Risk vs Reward!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• teh_greg
    17 posts

Raiding would be fun if there was an incentive to play after getting all the rewards you can purchase from the raid vendor.

I have acquired all unique items from the raids and there's no reason for me to go raiding again. We should be able to exchange the foreign supplies for money/rare resources or great runes to make it worth doing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics