Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 29 posts

I'm at 400 and I've done this mission many times before in heroic with others. I have done it in challenging alone and I tried today and I saw something I've never seen before. I shot keener down so much. But, when he lost half of his armor it would not go lower anymore. He was just sitting in a corner deploying everything he had and I destroyed it all until he stopped spawning anything. I shot him a million times it felt and I can do up to 3.5 mill dps with my gear. The health and armor took zero damage and for a long while since I was shooting with my bulletking which requires no reload. I stopped shooting cause he looked glitched out and he turns and kills me. I've done this part of the mission 5 times today and I gave up. This mission is either glitched out right now or it was for me or it's just too ridiculously difficult. Who was the guy that thought oh yeah lets give him everything and with no cooldown almost. Let's make him more difficult than any human player. . . sure cause that's what everyone wants. . . Just a godmode to annoy our player base so they leave. Seriously, why the entire missions felt so easy and the end it's impossible? Not one mission is like this. I don't know what was the thought process. Just make it difficult cause we can. That's lazy thinking and that's what it fells to me. You want people to finish the missions and feel they want to do more. Not leave frustrated. Not sure if this mission got updated or bugged. Cause I've done it before. Ehh what ever. . .

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• BT3241
    79 posts

Its hard to see the drone sometimes but if he's invincible not taking damage there has to be a drone flying. He cannot be invincible unless a drone is helping him. If there was no drone then I would say its a glitch. That is the tactic to beating him shoot the drones and then shoot him. You would need a video to prove there was no drone protecting and reviving him.

• BT3241
    79 posts

One way of beating him is right after the rocket is disabled instead of running up to hide race for the building he's coming out and you can hit him with a foam grenade as he jumps down and if everyone is prepared he never gets a drone up and dies pretty quickly.You have a few seconds before he jumps down to get there in time. It can go south on you though - its worth a try to end it quickly.

• tcarlisle2012
    72 posts

@bt3241 Not the first time I've seen this "hint". Are you sure this is still current and applicable? Because these days there is a shockwave sent out which ties you up for quite some time. It holds you for a good 30 seconds or so, which is going to be long enough for Keener to escape the foam. Seems to me like they added that to specifically nullify tactics like this.

But regarding the OP's question, it was broken for a long time where sometimes Keener would be immune and no drone visible. I thought they fixed it, but it is certainly a possibility that it wasn'tr completely resolved or it was re-induced by later changes.

• Adrian-11
    463 posts

@tcarlisle2012

Rushing Keener still works, did about 3 weeks ago.
    Yeah, that shockwave is still problematic and lasts a long time, but if he is surrounded by 4 players with shields up, 2 high DPS, 1 Scorpio, 1 foamer, he's toast within the minute.

• BT3241
    79 posts

One of the problems running this mission is the refusal of players to change their skills to passive skills - the one mission where being a shooter counts and they want to rely on skills. Most of the time half the team is killed by their own skills almost right away then you end up trying to kill their skill that turned on them and have to pick them up which does not help the mission. I carry a load out specifically for this mission if it comes up. Its a passive skill build using the shield and pulse which cannot be turned on me and I can run at him right away.Its almost like they have no idea what is coming.

• IgotNerfed
    18 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll If I remember correctly there was a bug about a year ago (maybe even longer) that made Keener invincible there were a lot of complaints about it and apparently it was supposed to have been fixed but I stopped playing so I can't confirm. Keener also has a drone, if it's up the drone makes him invincible too, check for a drone in the air. I was lucky enough to complete the DLC before the bug hit.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics