ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

Hey Guys,

My game won't load past 9% on the second loading screen. I've tried leaving it for ages but it just gets stuck like that.

I've read this is a common issue but I can't find a fix for it?

I've tried deleting and reinstalling but still the same.

Many Thanks for any help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Hi @clinchy01, welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that your second loading screen is stuck at 9%. I recommend first giving the steps in this troubleshooting guide a try, and reaching back out to me here if the issue persists after the guide has been completed. Thank you so much!

Official Response
  • clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-mercury Sorry for the slow reply (new born at home)

So since this issue I have reinstalled the PS4 OS from an USB stick, reinstalled the game several times, port forwarded my router, rebuilt the database several times.

I have managed to play manning zoo once after joining someone else's session, but the other times I've tried this I get so far and the audio drops out and enemies don't render but still attack.

I setup a brand new account and started the game from the begging, I got to the theatre to meet Odessa and when I got to the top of the stairs I had rendering issues, no audio, my character would only walk slowly, couldn't meet Odessa as the orange marker disappeared. When this happen I can't access the map or any other menu's so I have to close the application.

I then tried a new character on my normal account and got the same thing.

When I try my normal character it now won't load in past the 50%ish area.

I just find it a bit odd that I didn't play for a bit and now I'm having all these issues, the game used run flawlessly.

I hope all that made sense.

Many Thanks,

Luke.

• clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

EDIT*

I've been playing around a bit, so with my new character if I don't go the theatre I can go all the way down to the monument CP and across to the metro ruins CP and everything renders in properly, music is playing ect, enemies render and the music gets up beat as normal. Obviously I die but I can call back up and people can join my session. Then it spawns me back at the theatre and all the problems reoccur.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

No worries, thanks for the update and this information @clinchy01! To clarify, were you able to restore your licenses as well? This may be able to resolve some of these issues as well.

Official Response
  • TK105
    63 posts

@ubi-mercury
    - A fatal problem where loading stops for a while at 9%.
    - A fatal problem that isn't rendered for a while and can't be seen right after the enemy spawns. 

The same phenomenon is occurring on the PC for these two abnormalities.
    This is not a problem that has begun to occur recently, but a problem that has been occurring for months.
    The environment on the user side does not matter. Most likely there is a problem on the server side or in the game client data.

" Abnormality report from one person = Problems occurring in hundreds of people”
    UBI staff must be aware of this and be careful about how they respond.  Many users don't report every single time.
    Moderators should always report to the development team any reports of abnormal behavior from users. 
    Modern UBI moderators have too many template answers.

• clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-mercury Restored the licenses and still won't load past the second loading screen, stuck on 66%.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@clinchy01 All right. Thanks for adding all of that additional information. I just wanted to confirm, if you don't go to the theatre, everything seems to work, but if you either go to the theatre or spawn at the theatre, that's when everything seems to go all weird? Would it be possible to get a short video clip of this happening so that I can get a better look at this? That way, I can also get this sent to the game team since all basic troubleshooting didn't seem to help at all.

@TK105 I do apologize if we all sound similar. I would like to get this reported once I have a video clip and have additional information! Are you experiencing this issue as well, by chance?

Official Response
  • clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubistorm I have a couple a couple of clips of my issue but I did manage to get to Odessa in the end but then the mission after that (Wasington Hotel?) it went back to not spawning enemies, menu's not working ect.

Next load I jumped straight to Newyork, got 90% of the way through it with hardly any issues and then on my way back to Haven after Pathway it all died again.

The clips I have are from the pier mission but these are the symptoms I'm getting all the time on every mission now or just free roaming, how or where do I upload them to for you to see?

I've also got hold of my ISP and upgraded to a static IP so I'm now NAT2 but still no better

• clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubistorm

That's the better clip.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1502 posts

@clinchy01 Thank you for sharing this video with us.

The video and your report has been forwarded to our game team, so that they can investigate. We'll be sure to get back to you once we have more information to share.

Please feel free to reach back out if you encounter any other bugs, or if this one changes or affects your game in other ways.
    Thanks again!

Official Response
  • clinchy01
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-nacho I've tried getting past the Pier several times and it always fails to load correctly on that last section.

The only way I seem to be able to play is by joining someone else's session.

I still can't load my original character.

The game is basically unplayable as it always fails to load at some point which is really annoying when get to the end of a long mission and then you loose your progression.

I can't imagine I'm the only person to be having these problems?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2289 posts

@clinchy01 You're not the only one, no. We have found some other reports of this too and it's being investigated at the moment. I apologise for the inconvenience caused from it.

Official Response

Suggested Topics