Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Neil1511
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,
    i have recently bought assassins creed odyssey and it has kept crashing at random times, mostly after playing for 5-10 minutes. I have the latest nvidia drivers, updated all my window updates and ran as administrator, deleted assassins creed and reodwnloaded it and all my ubisoft and assassins creed stuff into the same drive and nothing seems to be working. Can someone please help me, I am absolutely stuck. I am not sure it is my pc but I will have the specs underneath
    NVIDIA RTX 2060 6gb
    ryzen 5 3600
    16gb ram
    asrock B550 pro4

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    770 posts

@neil1511 Likely it's the Nvidia drivers .... Sometimes the latest drivers are not the best solution ..... Someone a few weeks ago was having problems and he fixed it by downgrading to an older version but you'll likely need to go back 2 or 3 versions ..... Personally I only upgrade graphics drivers if I actually have a good reason to and I'm still on 466.27 (May) and I have no problems what so ever on with a R7 3700X, RTX 2080 Super, 32 Gb 3600 RAM and a X570 MB ...... I built this computer a year ago and those are only my 3rd graphics drivers and as long as they keep working with the games I have or I buy a new game that needs Game Ready Drivers I'll stick with them ..... If it ain't broke don't try to fix it

Downgrade to either the May or June drivers .... Running DDU before hand would also be a good idea to clean out the registry and stray DLLs that often get left behind after multiple driver upgrades

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

Hello @Neil1511 ! If the suggestion given by @longjohn119 about reverting your drivers doesn't seem to work, I highly recommend giving the steps in this guide a try as well! If the game is still crashing after that, grab some copies of your MsInfo and DxDiag files, and submit them via ticket on our Support Site so that Support Agents can get a better look at what exactly is going on!

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    770 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • longjohn119
    770 posts
    @neil1511 Likely it's the Nvidia drivers .... Sometimes the latest drivers are not the best solution ..... Someone a few weeks ago was having problems and he fixed it by downgrading to an older version but you'll likely need to go back 2 or 3 versions ..... Personally I only upgrade graphics drivers if I actually have a good reason to and I'm still on 466.27 (May) and I have no problems what so ever on with a R7 3700X, RTX 2080 Super, 32 Gb 3600 RAM and a X570 MB ...... I built this computer a year ago and those are only my 3rd graphics drivers and as long as they keep working with the games I have or I buy a new game that needs Game Ready Drivers I'll stick with them ..... If it ain't broke don't try to fix it

Downgrade to either the May or June drivers .... Running DDU before hand would also be a good idea to clean out the registry and stray DLLs that often get left behind after multiple driver upgrades

I found the thread I was talking about and it was just a couple of weeks ago ..... He fixed his problem by downgrading to version 466.77

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100011/super-low-fps-on-decent-pc?lang=en-US

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

@longjohn119 Thank you for providing that thread.

@Neil1511 Were you able to try rolling back the drivers, to see if that helped with the issue?

Official Response
  • d-warrior
    15 posts

This is happening to me as well with the latest Radeon drivers for the RX 590 series gpu.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

@d-warrior Thank you for adding your report.

Are you able to try rolling back the drivers as mentioned by others in this thread?

Official Response
  • Neil1511
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-baron I have tried it and it is still crashing

• Neil1511
    Original poster 3 posts

@longjohn119 I tried doing that and it still keeps crashing

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1038 posts

Hi @neil1511, sorry to hear the fixes provided so far and workarounds have not resolved your crashes.

I have a few suggestions you can try also, to help with these crashing issues, if it was not caused by a recent driver update (after both updating driver and rolling back) -

- Run the game as an administrator via the game's .exe file, right-click on the file, select Properties, select the Security tab, check to make sure the current PC user has Administrator privilege's for this file

- Verify the game's installation files, through the game launcher, to fix any corrupt or missing files that may be causing the crashes -
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Article/000060529

- Install the game to another HDD or SSD drive preferably, if available. Also try installing the game on a separate hard drive as your Windows OS (Make sure to back up any game save files onto your desktop first, just in case)

- Disable all background software in Task Manager and try a clean boot/restart of your PC, in case any software is interfering with the game -
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000063761

- Make sure the game is whitelisted as not a threat in your anti-virus software, in case it prevents the game from launching or connecting online

- Make a backup of the games config/settings file, then delete this file in case a recent change to the settings may be causing the game to crash (Changing the recommended graphics/video/monitor settings in the game, can sometimes prevent the game from launching)

- Delete any temporary files by doing a search for the %TEMP% folder

- Do a System File Check (SFC) for any corrupted system files and a CHKDSK for any corrupted hard drives -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-10-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

This support article should explain how to perform some of these solutions -
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Please let me know if you need any help with the steps above and I will happily explain further.

Official Response

Suggested Topics