Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Journalister
    Original poster 1 posts

I have had a lot of fun with division 1 and 2, especially 2. With a couple of buddies, we almost play daily, doing missions and cps, as well as [censored] about Ubimice. Truth be told, I have been having a very good time with the franchise. But as we all know, everything gets uninteresting and boring after doing it over and over for so long. After playing The Division 2 for about 2 years and 8 months with several months of AFK, I'm starting to get tired of the game and the interface, the graphics, the enemy factions, the menu, etc. Basically, everything about it. I can hardly bring myself to launch the game as often as I used to except to hang out with my gaming buddies in the game.

So Ubisoft, I love the division franchisee. Please hurry up and get on with the sequel if there's one coming. I'm talking about a proper sequel here, not something like heartlands which according to a friend who got to play the game, is........different.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@journalister I wholeheartedly agree. We need something, Massive.

• HonestlyOK1986
    92 posts

Think everyone's ready for a td3 at this point but it's more than likely a good couple of years off based on thdm doing Heartlands, xdefiant and a bit more td2 content.

Ideally they need a td3 next year or 2 will completely die as it seems to be a last legs kinda deal on xbox at the moment. Still people in pve if you reach end game but not many in pvp.

I imagine people will go to battlefield, halo, cod etc in the meantime. I find myself playing less an less at the moment. Ive restarted farcry 5 and dipping in other games in between.

Dont think weve seen the last of the division, just think we'll all be disappointedly waiting a good couple of years for the next game.

• IgotNerfed
    18 posts

@journalister Don't get too excited, with how gaming is going at the moment I don't see how anything is going to be as good as it was, even if there is The Division 3. Most companies want to develop free to play games so they can milk the DLC and Store purchases. Activision are in deep trouble due to their working environment and other things. Ubisoft are going the free to play route too.. which will mean less love given to development and more love to monetisation.
    -
    Some developers sell a game at full price and then you get full content 2 years later, that's not on. Would you go to car dealer and buy a car at full price and then agree to him sending you the wheels and the steering wheel 2 years later? Didn't think so. I'm afraid the internet has killed gaming as we know it and there is nothing we can do about it. before the internet we had complete games that worked on release. Now we get half a game that doesn't work.
    -
    Don't hold your breath on The Division 3 or any other game being as good as it's cinematic reveal.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    75 posts

I have to agree. division games are just awesome. I enjoyed TD1's pvp the most, but TD2 was the best pve experience. Took me a long time to get into division 2 and I did buy it as soon as it came out. I just put it off for so long and in some ways I am glad I did. I played more division 1 and when I decided to go into division 2 everything was fixed for the most part. I wish they would put it in steam. I am a steam user and have been for over 16 years. I enjoy it there and I like taking screenshots and videos linked to my steam account. I use the voice chat from steam with all my friends and I just like it a lot. I know they are not doing this any time soon cause Far Cry 6 is not on steam either. Big mistake. Casue steam community is huge and that would help populate the game even more. EA learned from it's mistakes. Don't let that be you. This will hurt your sales. But, that's another topic in another thread. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to make the division games into mmo. I can see the structure of it, but something it's making it impossible for developers to make the jump. It would be awesome since it would be the only mmo fps out there. It use to be firefall but the Chinese company, the9, destroyed it with their bad decisions.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    75 posts

@richardoshea oh by the way they are working on heartland which is division 3. But, it is kinda weird. One of the things that will let you know they are changing a lot is that you only have 2 weapons and one of them is a melee weapon. I don't like those kinds of changes. But, we'll see. It's also going to be free to play. So it will have a ton of transactions since they have to make money some how. Lets hope they are only cosmetic.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Massive isn't working on Heartland. It's also 100% not The Division 3, but a game "Set in the Division Universe" - supposed to share assets/style, while living in the same post $Flu world, with a different take and likely far less involved systems and size [since it's F2P].

Massive is working on Star Wars [and Avatar]. Hopefully they'll start development on TD3 once they've gotten the base of Star Wars done, but I wouldn't expect TD3 until 2024 if it's coming.

Hopefully this means some more DLC for TD2. We still don't know the size and scope of the coming content this Winter [or Spring if delayed].

• dagrommit
    780 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Red Storm is leading development on Heartland with the help of some other Ubi studios. AFAIK, Massive is only involved via supporting the Snowdrop engine.

And yeah, a "Division 3" is quite a few years away, if it is ever made.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@dagrommit

My hope is fading again... is this update even real?! And if it's real, is it just another season or another WONY? (yeah, I can dream)

But after XDefiant, AC becoming an online service, and this very unpleasant surprise called GR "Flatline", I again have more doubts than hopes.
    Had some secret hope for Heartland too, but not anymore.

It's like Ubi is hellbent on self-destruction... there is always a worse announcement coming.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@adrian-11 if you paid attention to their Investor Calls, you would have seen this coming.

They are expanding their TC Universes. This means F2P games within the same world setting as those franchises. It's an attempt to grab a slice of the F2P pie on the side. Using already created assets makes it cheaper to develop - plus they hope the name cache can convince people to try it. The poor explanation to this has lead to many current fans wrongly assuming they are transitioning the franchises they love over to these F2P variants. They're simply games being shoved into the same Universe. They should be called Heartland [in small print below: a Division Universe game] and Frontline [a Ghost Recon Universe game].

They say they still intend to keep developing their AAA franchise games, but plan to give more time between releases, while exploring new ways to monetize them in between. This clearly means more MTX, but likely also more DLC. I personally look toward Siege to color how I think they'll approach things moving forward. Once they can jettison last gen consoles, they'll put a lot of effort into making a base game that they will then support for years with DLC & MTX on a regular cadence. Most games will get some form of Season/Battle pass, with a paid Cosmetic/XP track.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@latenitedelight

Feels like a lot of effort was put into these "on the side" projects". Quite a few of them.
    My prediction is that they will fail. The audience was formed by and is captive to better run and established platforms, with clear long-term commitments from the publishers and devs. In contrast, Ubi's approach is like a scattershot, throw anything and everything at the wall, maybe, just maybe something will stick. So no, Ubi won't get any of those players and their money, the same way Hyperscape didn't.
    Would the original player base be the hope here? They would try them, I would, out of curiosity and because they are "free". Would they spend time and money (on cosmetics), I don't think so. I know I won't spend one ducking cent on such things.

• dagrommit
    780 posts
    My hope is fading again... is this update even real?! And if it's real, is it just another season or another WONY? (yeah, I can dream)

It's definitely more than just new seasons, though we know those are coming. I suspect it's going to be paid DLC so they can continue monetizing the game, but whether it'll be as big as WoNY is unknown.

Feels like a lot of effort was put into these "on the side" projects". Quite a few of them.

The thing with Battle Royale games is they are relatively cheap to make compared to a regular game. They need a single large map that is largely static. There's no NPC scripting or dialog, no AI scripting, no one-time use locations etc. Many assets can be reused both within the map and from the parent game. There's still work involved in balancing and class design of course, but that would remain true for a regular game.

Ubi's approach is like a scattershot, throw anything and everything at the wall

Agreed. It feels like they're trying too hard to target very specific demographics. Having said that, Heartland sounds like it would pique my interest, so maybe they're right.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@adrian-11 I feel like you're overestimating the costs here, and who they put on these. Think of this like Ubisoft starting a farm system for Devs. They're not handing these games off to their flagship studios.

And the reward if one of these turns into the next Warzone or Apex Legends or Fortnite is astronomical compared to the effort. Plus, if successful, they create stable monthly cash flow that relieves some of the pressure on hitting AAA deadlines, and ensuring they're home runs. That pressure leads to design compromises sometimes, or at worst, shoehorning in dumb ideas in the hopes of expanding appeal, at the risk of offending the fan base. It also leads to buggier launches and giant release day patches.

They will mostly likely fail, but they don't know unless they try, and it's not like Ubi is cash strapped and can't afford these gambles.

As to whether I'll play or pay, I figure I'll try them all since they're free. If it turns out to be fun and I get many hours of enjoyment out of it, I'll gladly spend some money on MTX or a season/battle pass. Guess we'll see once they are released.

• KraziAgent
    27 posts

@richardoshea YES and "LOOKING FOR NEW WAYS OF LEVEING AGANTS/// hears one!!!

gwwt gear, waer it for few level ups, it wears out, get new gear, few levels get new gear? Id hate it myself but its just an idea!

BUT IM READY FOR DIVISION 3 WITH e3 2013 GAME PLAY with a mix of Division 1 + 2 and that = Division 3 HAH!!

• xcel30
    404 posts

I mean if they want to make a actual game meant to last years, give it more though than almost nothing as how to finish the plotline of the previous game and leave it after fixing most of the bugs and having the necessary qol updates, currently div 2 is a wreck in that aspect and jumping into Div 3 would not make me hopeful

Suggested Topics