ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KiloAlphaLima
    Original poster 5 posts

One thing that I personally feel it needs to come back is the talent core requirement to be activated. Why? Because everyone builds with a role in mind, but I feel like it needs to happen to balance PvP. Probably a lot of PvPers here are gonna flip tables that their broken builds are gonna be destroyed, but they are very well aware its broken.

Honestly, this is my opinion and everyone is welcomed to have their professional opinion as well below, but here is what I think needs to happen with the "PvP Outlier Talents".

1. Lady Death needs to be reworked where the amped dmg is valued by your red cores... meaning, if you want 75% amped dmg... gotta have 6 red cores. Each red core is 12.5% amped dmg.

2. Adrenaline Rush and Intimidate need to be locked needing 6 "Armor Core".

3. In Synch is a skill build support offensive talent so it needs to locked for 6 skill tiered SP builds.

With this method, it will also avoid exploiting using the Memento bag to try and activate all talents, meaning with this adjustments YOU have to choose a role.

Vile mask needs to be deactivated for DZ, and Conflict. Its OP even when the "spell caster" is dead, and theres no "swap plates" to mitigate the talent. This also needs to apply to Pestilence talent when it comes to mitigating the talent from "On Person".

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    One thing that I personally feel it needs to come back is the talent core requirement to be activated.

No, we really don't. Removing talent requirements was a massive improvement and reduced the impacts of RNG on the vast majority of players.

I won't comment on the rest, but it does read like a list of "things I don't like need to be nerfed".

• KiloAlphaLima
    Original poster 5 posts

@dagrommit so basically your PoV everything is fine as is? Meta hasnt changed in over a year, and like to have OP items because you believe thats how having an edge on a PvP player should be?

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@kiloalphalima no, my POV is that changing the gear system again because of PvP complaints is a waste of time, and will have negative effects on the vast majority of the player base.

• LateNiteDelight
    977 posts

I will quit The Division if they murder build diversity by bringing back Pip-gating. I was about to quit, but then they announced Gear 2.0.

I don't PvP. Just nerf Intimidate in PvP like they do Unbreakable- also nerf LD, nerf In-Sync, and make the Crusader Shield take longer to deploy/store while giving hipfire accuracy. Problem solved.

Stop ruining PvE for dumb PvP crap!

• N3mB0t
    795 posts

i do respect other people choices , and if someone wants to play PVP in this game i say go ahead , but its a fact that it sucks balls no matter if you like it or not , it should just cease to exist and im pretty sure that would bring more good than harm to the game.

• TxDieselKid
    268 posts
    @dagrommit No, we really don't. Removing talent requirements was a massive improvement and reduced the impacts of RNG on the vast majority of players.
    @LateNiteDelight I will quit The Division if they murder build diversity by bringing back Pip-gating. I was about to quit, but then they announced Gear 2.0.

Agree with these people 100% and play almost 100% DZ only these days.

• xcel30
    640 posts

Oh god no, it would be horrible the entire point of some of those changes WAS to get rid of that since talents are now more limited to backpacks and chespieces

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

I'd buy the game again if you gave me the day one build. I think they got it right first time but the community did it's thing and it got butchered. They gave it just a year then changed everything. It took almost a year to farm some of these builds up (skill mods in particular) so I really do not think it was given a fair crack at the whip.

Sure it had issues, bugs, stuff that simply didn't work, but the core design was spot on imho. Going from 15-17 talents down to 5 isn't just simplifying something, more gutting it.

• badkarmacreepin
    32 posts

@latenitedelight +1 to this. While I wouldn't mind gating talents and scaling dmg to amt of cores, this here is an easier fix.

• TxDieselKid
    268 posts

Outriders did it right. Every gear piece has 2 talents, and you can even have it be part of a gear set that will activate it's own talent. I love having that many talents, as it really explodes build diversity (yes, there is still a meta). Lowering the number of talents takes away from the diversity and really makes players hone in on one path for a build (DPS, healer, tank, skill, sniper, etc).

• KiloAlphaLima
    Original poster 5 posts

@txdieselkid which how its supposed to be in Division, you cant be a jack of all traits which is what Gear 2.0 made it be. I never had problems with vanilla launch Div2 build quality (still prefer it over what we have). I remembered all the shifts we had from the LMG meta, 3/11/7 Spotter/On The Ropes, TP (longest), and now Intimidate/AdrRush.

I prefer more a true path of a role than a jack of all traits which is what The memento bag was supposed to become, the jack of all traits, but how things are currently, it can become too OP.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

The number of talents is a separate issue from the requirements to activate them. You could increase the number of talents without adding stupid requirements. If too many talents are considered OP, then the talents could be nerfed.

However, the point is that another gear change of this nature would break everyone's builds, regardless of what content they play.

• badkarmacreepin
    32 posts

@kiloalphalima I always ran around with a 7-3-7, full DPS and a deadly seeker. Was glorious.

• xcel30
    640 posts

@kiloalphalima It honestly still suffers from the same issue we have now, most talents are just not that good, whats the point of making more requirement if those are still the only good talents? I mean they could explore other options in making talents scale more but let's not make PVP the main reason for this change, adding requirements won't save useless ralents such as protected reload or Reassigned

• TxDieselKid
    268 posts

@dagrommit Agree.

At most I use 8 vest/backpack talents in total. That's it. Literally. Even one of them is only for a healer build, and the other is ONLY to kite Boomer (which I have successfully used Glass Canon for before on accident - lol).

I can't speak to gear 1.0 as I wasn't here, but the number of talents available on a hexo build in D1 makes me sad. So does the lack of Classified gear sets, but that's a different conversation. 😉

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@txdieselkid I enjoying running around with my classified nomad set, but can't see them adding those into Div 2. Any set that focuses on a specific playstyle would have to be really good to justify the grind. At which point the cries for it to be nerfed would inevitably arise.

• LateNiteDelight
    977 posts

They also moved a decent amount of the passive talents into the attributes or mod pool [and flipped DtE to PfE], and introduced new Brands with bonuses that also mitigated the loss. While also boosting the Core power to offset the loss of extra talents as well - we hit harder in 2.0 [>#ofTalents, does not equal >Power necessarily]. Armor is still lower than it should be, due to PvP balancing.

I wouldn't say no to a return of some of the passive and holstered talents to a piece of gear though - some were nice to have.

• HonestlyOK1986
    143 posts

Personally i think they should look at level 30 pvp an bring that to level 40 as its so much more enjoyable. If it was me, id make it the cover to cover its advertised as being as a game type and reduce armour down to what it was pre gear 2.0 where 550k was practically max and 400k was average, make it an actual cover game...its all personal preference bemut i prefered it prior to gear 2.0

• KiloAlphaLima
    Original poster 5 posts

@txdieselkid Gear 1.0 had weapons with an active (Optimist, Obliterate (it was a gun talent originally), etc, Passive (accurate, Fast Hands (originally a gun talent as well) and holstered talents as in (primary on hand) your secondary stowed, the holstered talent activates giving you a global buff.

For gear pieces, masks had an active talent, backpack (depending on brand set it had an active and passive talent), vest [may come with active and passive], gloves, kneepads and holster all had passive talents.

Comparing Gear 1.0 to Gear 2.0... yeah is 1000% easier to farm.

Not gonna lie, I miss the talent "On The Ropes" (when all skills are on cooldown, you get an X % weapon dmg bonus).

Suggested Topics