Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TFS-Gunstoo
    1 posts

@virtual-chris I agree. I have only recently started playing again and have played a lot in the past couple of weeks. In a hundred hours I have probably only received a wild exotic drop two or three times. Nearly all my exotics come from caches and most of those are duplicates of the same exotics. Coyote mask, Backfire, Liberty, and Acosta Go Bag over and over and over. It's kind of annoying. There should be some type of duplicate protection like Destiny 2.

• qapnugget
    62 posts

Yup

I mean it sounds great having 2-3 Exotics drop per evening of playing. But to me I just see them as another few exotic components to add to a pile of a 100 in stash.

If it was announced there will be no new exotics in future I'll deconstruct all the exotics in stash to save space and visual OCD cleanup. But hanging onto them for future new exotic rerolls in case.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

@tfs-gunstoo It sounds like we're the only ones not drowning in exotics. I played extensively over the weekend... probably 20 hours doing hard missions and bounties on Challenging... and I got nothing.

• qapnugget
    62 posts

@virtual-chris

Stick to Heroic difficulty main missions, not Hard or Challenging difficulty. Drop rate for exotic increases with difficulty.

Also about directives.

Directives in Main missions = Gives more XP but loot quality does not change.
    Directives in Summit = Gives more XP but also increases chances of targeted loot drop by 3% each

• Noxious81
    487 posts

@TFS-Gunstoo

(...) Coyote mask, Backfire, Liberty, and Acosta Go Bag over and over and over. (...)

Since you have only recently started playing, there are not all possible exotics in your exotic loot pool just yet. Because some exotics need to be "unlocked" by completing a quest first before they are included in your general exotic loot pool. Those are the Chatterbox, the Nemesis, the Dodge City Gunslinger's Holster, the Capacitor, the Liberty, the Diamondback (although I have to admit that I am not completely sure whether the devs moved this rifle to general exotic loot pool because of the overwhelming success of Kenly College), and Ridgeways's Pride. Additionally, I am not sure whether the Pestilence and Sawyer's Kneepads are still DZ-only drops or need to be "unlocked" by extracting them from the DZ or receiving them from an exotic cache at least once.

And four exotics are tied to completing legendary content (the Bighorn) or raids (the Eagle Bearer, the Ravenous, the Regulus) and thus never will drop in any other content.

• BT3241
    98 posts

@noxious81 The Acosta Bag is found in faction boxes its one of the few you can target by opening faction boxes it does get rewarded sometimes its one of the easiest to get in the game. I use it on my skill build for extra ammo and 10 grenades on my MadBomber build. I like to burn the enemy.

• Virtual-Chris

@qapnugget

I'd rather go without Exotics than have to play spongey heroic difficulty. Challenging still has more sponge than I would like but it's tolerable... it's the right blend of difficulty for me. I guess I'll just have to accept that I'm not getting an exotic very often as a result.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

Most definitely you can play without exotic drops, won't get you any benefit beside components for reconfiguration if you already have the respective piece. And reconfiguration is rolling the dice, not worth it to farm for that.
    It sounds like you already have most of the "essential" ones (Memento, Scorpio...)
    Have to look at the other ones you are missing and figure out if they would fit in your play style and give you anything extra. There are the stats/attribute/talents spreadsheets you can consult for that.
    If you find something of interest, farm for that specific piece, provided that possible (some are locked in raids or legendary). Endure Heroic and/or coop till you get that one or two pieces you want, and then never think of exotics or Heroic or coop again...
    And you will still have the projects and caches for the occasional exotic, no matter the difficulty you enjoy.

• Virtual-Chris

@adrian-11

Good point... I need to do some targeted loot farming on Heroic perhaps.

I would like to get the Nemesis, which I understand requires some gathering of parts. Stupidly, one of the first parts to get is at the Tidal Basin which I just did last night but totally forget to grab the parts there. I guess I'll be doing that again.

The other item I think I would like is the Lady Death for my most recent Hunter's Fury build... that should be more of a SMG farming exercise I think.

Maybe the Pestilence LMG but I'm not sure if I would use that much.

The exotics I have now that I like are the Scorpio, the Mantis, and the Coyote mask (and the Momento for the HF build).

Which ones do you like that I should consider?

• Oatiecrumble
    311 posts

@Virtual-Chris farm Marksman Rifiles in a group, the Nemesis can drop for players who have already got the Nemesis and they may drop it for you, it what i done for my son.....saves you waiting for the rotation of parts which can take ages.

• Oatiecrumble
    311 posts

I have all Exotics except the raid ones and the only ones i use out of all of them are:

Capacitor
    Scorpio
    Memento
    Ridgeway's Pride
    Waveform (sometimes)
    Sawyer’s Kneepads

Don't use the Vile mask as i don't really like yellow status effect builds.

• Virtual-Chris

@oatiecrumble What do you use the Sawyer's Kneepads for? Almost every one of my builds benefits from the Coyote mask except the HF build with Momento I just put together meaning there's really no room for another exotic gear item in my kit.

• Oatiecrumble
    311 posts

@Virtual-Chris I mainly swap Fox's Kneepads with Sawyer’s Kneepads when i'm doing a very open area CP or in a Group with my Rifle build.....CQC i mainly use my Fox's Kneepads with my Rifle Build.

p.s I use my Rifle build 75% of the time, all my other builds take up the rest of the 25%.

• Noxious81
    487 posts

@Virtual-Chris

(...) Which ones do you like that I should consider?

Well, the Memento, the Capacitor, and the Scorpio are possibly the most op ones, so of course you will want them.

I personally like to use Ridgeway's Pride on a 3-3-0 Sadist-bleed-build. The Chameleon is a great AR for CQB with also a bit tankier builds. Coyote's mask also is a good choice for damage builds, especially when playing in a group (keep in mind to not have "too much" base-CHC when using this mask). All my status builds incorporate the Vile mask. And I have a rather wicked 2-3-1 hybrid build with the Waveform. My healer builds (which I basically only use for the Iron Horse Raid) all use the BTSU Datagloves. And the Tardigrade Armor System is a nice addition to a TP-shotgun-support-tank. I also have one Striker build using the Bullet King, one SMG-build using the Lady Death, and one 3pcs-Striker with Braced and the Bighorn... but those are not my usual "go-to" builds.

Exotics I never use are the Diamondback, Liberty, Merciless, Dodge City Gunslinger's Holster, Imperial Dynasty, Acosta's Go Bag, Ninja Bike Messenger Kneepads, Mantis, Nemesis, Backfire, and the Chatterbox.

Although that doesn't mean that I thing that all of them are rubbish – some of them are really good exotics and perform very well in more or less tricky builds. It's just that I e. g. personally don't like to play as a sniper or with the Liberty-shield-build.

Oh and concerning the raid exotics – I only use them as secondary weapons in some builds, but for my liking especially the Ravenous and the Eagle Bearer are easily being outperformed by HE ARs and rifles.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

If you want the Nemesis, there is a very good chance to drop in Coney Island missions, and today one of them has MMR as targeted loot.
    But, if you didn't craft it yet, won't drop for you, so you need to do it in a group (I know, not your cup of tea) with people that have it (almost anyone SHD 500+, I would say).

• Virtual-Chris

@noxious81

Thanks for sharing this!

I realize that I've been wasting the CHC from the Coyote on a couple of red builds... I need to factor that in and recalibrate some CHC to CHD.

I've got a build that I really like using the Mantis with Chainkiller and the decoy skill that is a lot of fun - head shot after head shot. 🙂

I think the Capacitor and Vile mask would be a nice compliment to my Eclipse Skill Build but I also like the Scorpio (which I have) so I'm in no rush to find the Capacitor.

I tried the Chameleon and had a tough time trying to get it be really effective. But maybe I just haven't found the right role for it.

You didn't mention the Pestilence which I think would be fun.

• N3mB0t
    368 posts

@virtual-chris

glad to see you abandoned your once firm decision not to use "magical" stuff , you wouldnt have fun for long thinking like that in this game , im happy for you.

• Virtual-Chris

@n3mb0t LOL... yeah, you guys wore me down! But seriously... some of the situations the game puts you in, simply demand the use of magic items to avoid being frustrated beyond belief - some of the boss battles for sure. And also, my previous belief system was preventing me from trying some of the more interesting builds which can be a lot of fun. However, I still enjoy the intensity and minimal sponge of an all red glass cannon build using skills as little as possible.

• N3mB0t
    368 posts

@virtual-chris
    and you are still to discover the joy of the middle grounds , which is in my opinion the less frustrating of all the builds , the ones that let you keep your head up straight and walking towards your enemies with no fear while shooting them down with a barrage of bullets to the head at point blank distance.

PFE (protection form elites) is a good start to be exploring these , advise you keep that one in mind for a future build project , its god mode.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

A wise man once said any technology advanced far enough will look like magic to people not used to it (or something that that effect).
    I choose the think it's advanced technology 🤡

And the NPCs are using it too, so it's fair game.

Suggested Topics