Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oatiecrumble
    310 posts

@Virtual-Chris are you getting the keys for every third floor cache? doing 40 floors and not getting any parts is very rare, the only thing i can think of is you aint opening the caches on every third floor (cache is normally very close to the elevator, in a room or right next to it)

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

Then yeah, you have to go back. Look for the bright yellow keys scattered around. There is a summit chest every 3rd floor, so the key is somewhere on those 3 floors, before you reach the chest.
    I need the flag patch. It seems I somehow managed to skip floors 60 to 80 every time, or I missed the most important key within those floors. 🤷

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

I'm betting I've missed some keys and chests... that's likely my issue. I wasn't really aware they were on every 3rd floor nor was I looking for keys. So many things about this game you need to learn the hard way.

• Oatiecrumble
    310 posts
    I'm betting I've missed some keys and chests... that's likely my issue. I wasn't really aware they were on every 3rd floor nor was I looking for keys. So many things about this game you need to learn the hard way.

We have all been there 😳

• Oatiecrumble
    310 posts

@Virtual-Chris

You could always just blitz through the floors on normal difficulty for the parts you missed then swap back to a different difficulty when you have catched up to parts you ain't reached yet.

• Noxious81
    475 posts

As mentioned before, difficulty doesn't play a role in acquiring the parts for Ridgeway's Pride. So you can rather quickly run through "normal" or "hard" floors while looking for the key.

Speaking of which:
    The Summit chest always wait's for us after a set of three floors. While farming those chests for my last Summit commendation I noticed, that the key never spawned on the first floor of the aforementioned set of three floors. So there never was a key on floors 1, 4, 7, 11, 14, 17, 21, 24, 27, and so on.

• Virtual-Chris

@noxious81

Thanks… I should be fine. I have only done 40 floors. Tonight I did another 10 and got the piece that you get from floors 20-50. So I only need to repeat the first 20 floors at some point.

And you’re right, it seems the key drops on the floor just before the floor with the crate. Makes it easier to anticipate where to look for it.

There’s a weekly project to do 30 floors with an exotic crate reward… so that’s my plan for the next couple weeks… kill 2 objectives at once. 😉

• Noxious81
    475 posts
    (...) kill 2 objectives at once. 😉

...and you could complete some Summit challenges for more loot and Optimization material 😉
    ...and you could complete five Summit challenges in one ascent for receiving the Capacitor (in case you don't yet already have it) 😉
    ...and if you were either very crazy or very ambitious, you could complete all 30 Summit challenges in one ascent to receive yet another exotic cache 😵

• Virtual-Chris

@noxious81 Yes!!! I need to factor those into my Summit sessions as well. I’m not sure how you get an extra exotic cache of doing 30 levels in one session. (Edit: NM I read that as levels - not challenges. Unlikely!)

Suggested Topics