ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 3 Likes/31 Replies/1740 Views
    randomas
    Original poster 5 posts

So the Rocksmith forums have been archived and I guess long live the Rocksmith forums with a "+" on the end.

Still many of us enjoy and use the old RS. Could we have a "legacy" forum. Or is there one and my selective blindness hath fooled me yet again?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rcole_sooner
    2 posts

Here seems like a good place.

• TheJohnNewton
    16 posts

@randomas Who are you calling old?

• kami-kun
    20 posts

@thejohnnewton

Lets face it, we are hardly in our 20s any more.

That is old by any standard (set by folks who are younger than the ancient people above the age of 40)

• Danny-Ramone
    33 posts

@kami-kun Let me tell you. This forum looks like it's been designed by a couple of 12 year olds. Good grief. Talk about form over function.

• Skippern666
    72 posts

@kami-kun did you just call me ancient?

• ghmorello
    1 posts

Here, r/rocksmith on Reddit, or the r/rocksmith Discord.

• kami-kun
    20 posts

@skippern666

I guess that makes sense. Who has ever heard of a young sailor of your rank?

• TheJohnNewton
    16 posts

@kami-kun I'm not even in my 40s anymore. Still cruel to call me old even if true!

• kami-kun
    20 posts

@thejohnnewton

Haha, I feel that "old" is defined as my momentary age and up, and young is momentary age minus 10 years or so.
    I can never be young by my own definition, so I'll embrace my adultness by grabbing a cocktail, lay down in a sun chair and prepare to chase some darned kids of my lawn. Being old is not all bad 😎

• UbiDork
    27 posts

@randomas This forum is for everyone in the RS Community! 💚

• randomas
    Original poster 5 posts

Oh wow some familiar faces! 😁 😁 😁

Hey guys, I'm in the ancient category too!!!

As such I'm more conservative and resist the new ... But I know how to move around forums, but this thing is wild! I don't even understand where this reply is going to end up.

That and my 1500+ posts seniority were wiped... So I feel a little disenfranchised.

This seems to be a theme with RS+. I get that everything new is confusing, and this is all about big changes. But this seems to be a little over board. Don't break everything for evolutions sake, some things were good.

I hope time gets things optimised.

Hope to see more known friendly faces here soon.

• MagicTheMadMage
    5 posts

@thejohnnewton Hmmm... I think I might resemble that remark....

• MagicTheMadMage
    5 posts

@kami-kun What do you call us REALLY ancient people over our 60's?

• MagicTheMadMage
    5 posts

@kami-kun Well, at least it's not too hard chasing kids of my lawn... they have taken root and are not very mobile... I just make sure my landscapers keep they're tops trimmed.

Aw... come on... it was low hanging fruit, I couldn't resist. 😀

• Skippern666
    72 posts

@magicthemadmage is there anything beyond ancient? Jurasic maybe?

• MagicTheMadMage
    5 posts

@skippern666 They keep telling me I'm older than Dirt... but I think they are mistaken, Dirt was a couple of grades ahead of me but failed several times so I think that is what confused them.

• dataway
    55 posts

@Danny-Ramone Yep this forum format seems horrible, half the information in twice the space.

• Skippern666
    72 posts

@dataway UI seems to be for handheld devices, which probably are great for those on handheld devices, but with modern web clients and some CSS they could easilly have a different UI for each platform. They could even have different UI if you have your brower in a portrait view format compared to landscape. My ultravide is so wide that if I fullscreens my chrome, presentation should be in columns.

• Danny-Ramone
    33 posts

@dataway

It's just painful to use. Navigation is a bloody nightmare. There's all sorts of functionality missing. We've got these silly nested replies, but no way to directly quote someone. There's this silly half-hearted @ function, but it completely ignore the fact that someone might be wanting to quote a part of what someone wrote, or might want to have separate quotes.

There's no tooltips on the options in the reply box. There's no obvious way to see there are new posts, no convenient way to jump to the last (or first new post) in a thread. The list just goes on and on.

The whole thing feels unfinished because it's designed to be used on the move, and in doing so it completely ignores (or makes it extremetly cumbersome to do) the things that people who are not on the move want to do.

It's just off-putting to even attempt to write something here, which is not something you want from a discussion forum. Unfortunately, it kind of reminds me of the navigation in Rocksmith+ as well.

Suggested Topics