Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 637 posts

So I was trying out the Chameleon and got into a battle for a Level 4 CP. It was stupid. I went down several times. Glass Cannon and SMGs (or the Chameleon) don’t mix.

Anyway, at one point, after reviving me for the third time, the Control Point officer says something like “You should be helping us”… I LOL’d… but she wasn’t wrong.

Later after we won, she said something like “you should leave soon”. Sheesh… I know I sucked but really?! 🙂

I’ve never heard this before…it’s usually something like, “we’re so glad you were here” and some other polite to thankful comment.

Anyway, it struck me as awesome that the NPCs can tell when you’re not pulling most of the weight and they call you out for it.

Ps. Note to self: don’t try a new build on a Level 4 CP.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@virtual-chris I still think they toned all of the NPC smack talk down. I remember when it would make me raise an eyebrow and suggest that they wash their mouth out with soap. They're rather mild mannered these days compared to what I remember. They do have some funny one-liners about how you fight though. Use a shield and you're not a real man; use a turret and they gaod you to fight them properly, snipe at them and you're a coward etc etc. Not what it used to be though -- I think.

• Adrian-11
    702 posts

@richardoshea

Yeah, they have some spicy lines that some times result in funny combinations. And yes, even the friendly one can throw some shade at you. There are also some political stingers, which might not be to the liking of some Americans, but crack me every time because they are so blunt while being silly.

• IgotNerfed
    18 posts

@virtual-chris Still don't think the verbals of TD2 is on par with TD1, TD2 has defintely been hit by the PC stick. Take for example Amherst's Apartment just after you have killed the first heavy you go inside and hear a woman's voice shouting something similar to NO! NO! LEAVE HIM ALONE! and then you hear a flame thrower go off and then you hear a man scream in agony before he gets burned alive. And things like... Don't think you're going to win this one!

I wonder if that dude ever fixed his back...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics