ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved Mastery Challenge should have difficulty level options. It's hard for the best players and impossible for average like me.

1 Likes/23 Replies/2248 Views
    ZaraEivor
    Original poster 3 posts

Congratulations to gamers who are perfect or ace to complete those tasks and get medals, specially gold but the task should have options for gamers like me that can't get a 100% skill test. The enemies in those challenges are too strong, even if you are able to execute the majority of them using the requested method, sometimes one single miss spoil the whole trial. I mean, if there were options, the expert players could have their challenge to the max and the gamers who only want some fun and enjoyment with a more balanced level could also enjoy. This game is so expensive and it's so frustrating to have a part of the game literally out of reach because it seemed to be designed only for professional gamers. It's unnecessary difficult.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@zaraeivor
    What's the point of mastery challenges if anyone could complete them on highest score with one hand and closed eyes?
    Isn't that whole thing is about being master of this game?
    And if you're not really that kind of player - why bother?

Me personally completed some of those challenges for bronze and silver only, trying some of them only once, and I'm completely OK with that.
    Wasn't really interested in reward for 100% gold medal mastery anyway.
    Or maybe I'm just not worthy of this gold? Maybe as you?

• ZaraEivor
    Original poster 3 posts

@olmergrey Why so rude and crass? The point of the game is having fun. Don't we have a level of difficulty for the whole game itself? So why not the option for this specific task as well? Why bother? Because I like to play even though I don't aim to be the best or collect all the prizes but I enjoy being able to progress in the game.
    I am definitely not the only one finding this particular part too hard to complete but what is the point of the game if it's not be enjoyed by gamers of all levels?
    This is a forum for suggestions and feedback and if can't respect other gamers just because they are not as good as you, please move along.
    What a jerk.

• bielik01
    1811 posts

@zaraeivor you don't have to collect all 15 gold medals to progress... Have you been following objectives of The Cryptic Tutelage of Hildiran? It's just only 8 silver medals and 15 bronze medals (so it means just minimal effort in all the challenges) - no gold medals mentioned. I struggled with the challenges myself, but after trying long enough I managed to get all gold.
    And @OlmerGrey is not a jerk, is only speaking the truth. Gold medals are for your ego only, so stop whining.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

When you say "Why so rude?" and call your interlocutor a "jerk" at the same time, heh 😁
    Only because he suggest you to relax and stop worry about such thing as being good at the videogame... So typical.

• ZaraEivor
    Original poster 3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • la.tempete
    7 posts

@bielik01 I can't speak for this person, specifically, but I find your gigantic assumption that getting all of the gold medals is motivated by "ego" highly suspect and illogical. I doubt you even pondered the actual reason for why a player would want all of the gold medals and are extremely frustrated and disheartened by the difficulty of some of these challenges. Nevermind the fact that so much of the difficulty is a direct causal effect of Mastery Challenges being a half-[censored], clunky, sloppy, bug-riddled clusterfuck because Valhalla so of course. I spent well over a month stuck at Wenlocan after achieving Raven gold because Wenlocan Wolf Wolf was bugged and broken and--in perfect lockstep with the theme of "Assassin"'s Creed: Valhalla--Ubi didn't have two [censored] to rub together. At least they were using us to beta test some [censored] free dlc rather than the still ongoing beta test of the whole entire goddamned game (see Brewing Storm game-breaking bug).

I am frustrated and disheartened by Mastery Challenges too. I'm on my second playthrough right now. There wouldn't even be a completed first playthrough, let alone a second playthrough, but for the fact that I wanted to try the game on my PS5 when I finally got one, because a season pass came with my pre-ordered game, and because a Season 2 pass was bought and gifted to me for xmas. While nowhere near the hardest challenge, I'm right now currently having a near-impossible hell of a time getting gold at Odin's Mine Hideout Wolf. Because one or two of the targets keeps falling the [censored] down and dying. In spite of this issue supposedly having been "fixed". I didn't even get to Odin's Mine on my first playthrough because I was stuck waiting forever for Wenlocan Wolf to get fixed.

And getting all of the gold medals is important to me for two reasons. One, I paid $100 for this [censored] game and you can bet your [censored] that I damned well am going to suck every last tiny bit of content out of it. I platinumed the [censored] once and I will do so again. Two, I am a completionist and Mastery Challenges have two trophies attributed to them. In order to complete the game, as a completionist, I need to get both trophies.

Neither of those reasons have "ego" in them or are motivated by "ego", left unspoken. At no point does "ego" enter the picture in any way, shape, or form. I don't give a [censored] if I'm the most perfect badass ranged player in all of Valhalla or the shittiest most worthless ranged player in all of Valhalla. This is wholly moot. I just want to be able to fully complete this game wherin I paid $100 for the dubious privilege of being an involuntary surprise beta tester.

• snuttanuttan33
    9 posts

@olmergrey The part 2 of Mastery challenges is ridiculously hard if you want to earn bronze. Like where you have to kill 13 enemies within 2.50 foe bronze. 20 points per kill. For me it was very tight and I only got 200 of 250. Thus I am not going to see what is behind the door at the end. At least make achieving bronze easier. It ruins the fun to be not be able to enjoy the story of Hildiran.

• KalleKa1a
    36 posts

@snuttanuttan33

That is a pain in the behind but I'm more annoyed to the Raven challenges. The enemy detection of the player is making me paranoid. I have to check my back all the time and still some one of the ai seems to see through a fence or something like that. Also I guess I have to check youtube videos about these challenges because that was the only way I managed get all the Gold challenges in the first challenges last year. It is completely pointless to try to complete the gold on your own because of the player detection. You have to complete it like it's scripted chain of events or you'll fail.

I fail to see why these challenges aren't done so that they would be fun to return even after you completed the gold. Now you grind and grind until you get the gold and never return because you don't want to go through the pain again.

• Maaaaaaik
    7 posts

@olmergrey what is the point of a gamemode/update like this if the game not work how it should work? Stealth is complete broken for me also some runes or bonusses (sleepsmoke) for me its impossible to get gold on all the yellow challanges

• shopE4F0C359
    16 posts

It is sad that the mastery challenge does not respect the level scale chosen for the base game, it always automatically becomes very difficult. I, who am not an expert, cannot get bronze medals.

To finish the narrative story of the mastery challenge I'm missing 3 bronzes and 2 silvers and I can't get them in any way and it's sad because for this reason I can't do the mastery challenge pack 2 to get the rewards.

Greetings.

• jacek985
    2 posts

@shope4f0c359 I think the same that mastery challenge should have level options because it is too hard for a lot of player to complete this mission and story line not mention about getting gold medal for making this

• Sedkijez
    28 posts

@zaraeivor I’m just about the worst gamer alive and I have all the golds on the original Mastery Challenges and I got them BEFORE they made it easier…..I had to restart over and over again. Some of them were very hard, but none were impossible. Honestly, if I can do it, you can.

• Wascaliwabbit
    63 posts

@jacek985 this youtube channel has pretty good guides on how to get golds

• XBL_Laberbacke
    641 posts

@wascaliwabbit Guides don't help if it's a "skill" problem.

• DuskDragon56496
    475 posts

The statement"whats the point of mastery challenges if everyone could do it"has got to be by far one of the most foolish I've heard, right up there with the stupidly overused "git gud."To begin with shouldn't a mastery challenge involve weapons that the players have been using throughout the game, aren't those the weapons we've been "mastering."I personally am in complete agreement that games are supposed to be fun, not designed so the slightest error forces the player to do the, ahem. "challnge" over and over again.They are tedious and stupid to put it bluntly.Since the developers couldn't come up with anything better to prolong the game through the remaining mtx I guess this is the dismal effort to try and keep people playing.I did one challenge in a raven slot and when one of the soldiers who had eyes in the back of his head somehow saw me as I was crouched coming up behind him, I realized it wasn't worth the time and haven't bothered with them since.I've come to realize the rewards in Valhalla are like snow in Alaska, just more of the same and really don't need it!!!

• Wascaliwabbit
    63 posts

@duskdragon56496 many games ive played have similar side challenges that require a high amount of skill with a very specific ability and a bit of luck to max out. you are under no obligation to complete it; it's not like this game lacks for other content, its pretty much stuffed to the gills

• S7igma957
    238 posts

Challenges not a big problem! You just need to understand how to solve each puzzle. Every chalange is just a puzzle and nothing more! I did all of them without any guides from youtube and other sources.

• Netspook
    349 posts
    @zaraeivor
    What's the point of mastery challenges if anyone could complete them on highest score with one hand and closed eyes?
    Isn't that whole thing is about being master of this game?
    And if you're not really that kind of player - why bother?

Personally I enjoy a good challenge. But we're all different, with different skills. What's fine for you, is not for others.

Imo, your game's difficulty setting should affect EVERYTHING, so everyone can enjoy it at their own terms. Heck, they even added the Saga difficulty setting for the game a couple of months ago, which is even easier than the Easy setting. Others playing on Saga does NOT affect you or me in any way at all. It simply isn't our concern how others play the game, when our experience isn't halted by it.

Simply put, a variety of options that can satisfy at many players as possible without ruining anythng for others is ALWAYS good. Why are you fighting against that?

• Sedkijez
    28 posts

@la-tempete oh my god dude, I so agree. I don’t complete challenges or side quests because I want to brag! I complete them because I paid good money for this bug ridden turd fest….and I want my money’s worth!!

Suggested Topics