Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Good afternoon. Do you understand that by your view of the historical events of a particular people, race and sex (gender) you offend all Scandinavians and their culture?

2 Likes/7 Replies/1398 Views
    Berezanos
    Original poster 1 posts

Добрый День. Понимаете ли Вы что своим взглядом на исторические события конкретного народа, расы и гендера (пола) оскорбляете всех скандинавов и их культуру? В игре все важные персонажи - самки, все персонажи мужского пола (самцы) подвергаються уничижительному и принебрежительному отношению. Юбисофт, прошу Вас принять меры и уважать культуру белого, угнетаемого населения планеты и его мужской части. Я люблю Ваши игры, но истории в них оскорбительно глупы и противоречят здравому смыслу и исторической достоверности. С уважением, Ваш скандинавский игрок который все еще не потерял веру в здравомыслие

Good afternoon. Do you understand that by your view of the historical events of a particular people, race and sex (gender) you offend all Scandinavians and their culture? In the game, all important characters are females, all male characters are subjected to derogatory and neglectful treatment. Ubisoft, I ask you to take action and respect the culture of the white, oppressed population of the planet and its male part. I love your games, but the stories in them are insultingly silly and contrary to common sense and historical accuracy. Regards, your Scandinavian player who still hasn't lost faith in sanity

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@berezanos
    "Scandinav" you say, huh?
    Seems more like russian troll to me lol 😄

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@olmergrey Well, he started in Russian because it is his mother tongue. I live in Finland, and we have quite a lot of Russian speaking Estonians and such here, it doesnt mean he's wrong because of that; he can talk about Scandinavia/Northern Europe in Russian, it's perfectly fine.
    But anyway, he's wrong 🐷
    Why you may ask?! Because I dont agree: the game isnt female centered. At all. And if you play Eivor as a male (what I do) I see no problems at all, nowhere.
    Almost on topic: I live in Central Finland in the region called Häme, which used to be called Tafaestland during the viking age. A very viking-like region (archaeological findings). And a few weeks ago they fount a grave with a skeleton from the Viking Age. Nice viking shield, nice vikings axes, swords, jewelry especially a Thor's hammer. A Finn. But disturbing fact for our Russian speaking friend... it was a woman xD

More about viking Finns? Here we go: https://estonianworld.com/knowledge/the-baltic-finns-were-vikings-too-but-the-world-ignores-it/

• Nozgame
    55 posts

@berezanos Stay mad

• hydrogenmissle
    25 posts

@torfinr thats pretty cool THEY FOUND A LEGIT SHIELD MAIDEN!!

• hydrogenmissle
    25 posts

@berezanos well technically hes not wrong tho. let me explain why. Ubisoft has stated that eivor is canonically female even tho u CAN play as a male, i think THAT is mainly what he was refering to, other than that yeah we got a few women in the game but i see more dudes than females. But thats not y ubisoft has disrespected the viking culture by making the game as it is. ubisoft has disrespected the viking culture because the neglected to add SHIELD WALL BATTLES TO THE GAME(basically just a revamp to conquest battles) once ubisoft decides to get off their lazy [censored].. arses?.. and add this as a new game mode then they will have restored the honor of the scandinavian people.

hint hint ubisoft.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 426 posts

Hello everyone. I'm locking this thread as this isn't contributing to overall General Discussion of the game and can be considered trolling. Thanks for your understanding!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics